“DON'T STAY HERE during the Grand Am Basketball tournament!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
West Fargo, North Dakota
“DON'T STAY HERE during the Grand Am Basketball tournament!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

ONE VERY RUDE MALE FRONT DESK ATTENDANT!! He was very rude checking us (and all the other guests) in AND NOT ACCOMODATING AT ALL when our rooms were mixed up and not ready, and it was after check in time! When we asked to speak to a manager he said, “No, she will not be in until Monday.” This hotel has an amazing beautiful lobby area with many tables, chairs and TVs. DON’T PLAN ON ENJOYING IT HOWEVER! About 9 of us parents were off to the side lobby area playing dice/Farkle and having an adult beverage when he came over and very rudely told us to get rid of our beverages, NOW! NO OUTSIDE BEVERAGES ALLOWED IN HOTEL LOBBY guest gathering areas unless you buy them at $4 for a bottle at their lounge. This same rude attendant then proceeded to go over to another little basketball team of 6th-7th graders that were enjoying pizza that they had ordered in with parents/coach at some of the other tables and made them leave! They had to take all of their pizzas up to one of their rooms and eat as a team there! WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT WHEN OUR TEAM HAD BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS SINCE OCTOBER!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DJL3034
HGIGFUND, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We appreciate your review of your stay during our hotel. We regret that you felt anything but comfortable and welcomed, as this is the standard at our hotel. We regret that our policy does state that we do not allow outside food and drinks in our lobby, but we understand the situation could have been handled better. If you need anything else please feel free to contact me directly at ciara.mills@hilton.com to further discuss your stay. We hope the next time you're in the area you would consider staying with us again.

Kind regards,
Ciara Mills, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very disappointed in the front desk service. Our phone didn't work in the room. We had to use the pay phone. Staff didn't seem to care. They also didn't clean the room as there was a mix up and somehow they had us checking out after one night--Go figger. Breakfast was okay. Waitstaff were attentive. We are Honours members and mostly stay in Hiltons and generally the service is much better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HGIGFUND, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am truly sorry that you did not receive the quality of servcie you are accustomed to and expect from us. Your feedback is important to us and please let me assure you that we will keep your review in mind to improve our guest experience. We do all we can to exceed our guest expectations.
Again, thank you for your review and I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in Grand Forks.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stay at a lot of Hilton Garden hotels. This one lives up to the standard. It's next door to UND, as well as restaurants.

They have a great fitness center, comfortable lobby, and a full cooked-to-order breakfast.

It's clean, comfortable, and meets the needs of business travelers like myself, but could also see it accommodating young families. I'll stay again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! You pointed out some of our great highlights of what we have to offer incuding our amazing cooked to order breatkfast.
Thank you for the great review. We look forward to having you back at your home away from home soon.
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a great hotel with very helpful staff. It is first class in its appointments and comfort. The sky walk to the University of North Dakota business and Aerospace buildings is awesome. The public area is bright and inviting to guests. Pool is small, but nice and a great hot tub. Nice to have the local paper delivered to the door each day. They accommodated our friends from Denmark in an emergency when the hotel was nearly full.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. The skywalk is one of our great features especially in the winter. I am so happy we were able to accommodate your friends.

We hope to have you back at the Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks/UND soon!
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The lobby was beautiful, but that is where it ended. The room was dirty, the beds were dirty and extremely uncomfortable. The management thought taking $50 off of a $270 bill would fix everything. There are many other fine hotels in the Grand Forks area, stay in any other besides the Hilton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Andrew E
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks, we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us.
I am truly sorry that you did not find your guest room in a condition that is satisfactory and expected from us. Please let me assure you that I did forward your review to the Housekeeping Manager in order to take appropriate action and share with her team. We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and the comfort of our guests is important to us.
Again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope you will try our hotel again during your next visit to Grand Forks.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn regularly for business. My stays last from 10 days to 6 weeks. I have had great experiences with this hotel. My room is always very clean. I can be a bit messy but the room staff always works around my gear and keeps the place clean. My equipment is never disturbed. The hotel has a small gym that is enough for my evening walks when I can not get outside (North Dakota winters). The hotel is near a golf course that I use in the summer. The staff is mostly young people that are very friendly. Great place to stay in a nice town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HGIGFUND, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! We agree that our fitness center is a great amenity, especially during our North Dakota winters! We thank you for your continued patronage and hope to continue having you as a guest in the future!
Thanks,
Brittany Johnson, Guest Relations Manager
Bellingham, Wa
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely facility connected to the University. That being said, the hotel employs college students who are probably new to the hospitality industry. The breakfast times were different on the weekdays than on the weekend, but this was not shared upon check in so many people who checked in over the weekend missed breakfast during the week. There was no water available at any time in the lobby, even at breakfast. Not once did the "waitress" offer to bring water or drinks to the table. I'm not sure what the point of having someone sporadically take orders for guests is, when half the time you have to go get what you want anyway. The "waitress" on the first day didn't notice the breakfast voucher on the table and still printed up a tab when we were leaving. She said she was new and wasn't sure about how those worked. The "waitress" on the second day seemed to think each person in the room needed their own voucher despite the "# of guests" section of the voucher where we have always written in the number of guests in the room when dining at breakfast.

This hotel also doesn't offer toiletries if you have forgotten something like toothpaste or a toothbrush. I am so used to Hampton Inn by Hilton that this was surprising for such a nice looking hotel.

Lastly, the one nice thing the front desk said they offer was cookies each night at 5pm. I went down every evening and never saw cookies out. I don't mind if a hotel doesn't offer any special little perks so long as they don't say they do, but then don't.

Hilton Garden Inn has ads everywhere that say something to the effect of "we hope you have a great stay - if you don't, it's free!" I don't expect a free stay, but I do expect the communication between the staff to be better than it was, so that my stay isn't interrupted by little hiccups.

The one great thing about this hotel is its cleaning staff. They are attentive, friendly, and helpful. 5-stars to them!

• Stayed March 2013