“Long term stay for business”

Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn regularly for business. My stays last from 10 days to 6 weeks. I have had great experiences with this hotel. My room is always very clean. I can be a bit messy but the room staff always works around my gear and keeps the place clean. My equipment is never disturbed. The hotel has a small gym that is enough for my evening walks when I can not get outside (North Dakota winters). The hotel is near a golf course that I use in the summer. The staff is mostly young people that are very friendly. Great place to stay in a nice town.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HGIGFUND, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! We agree that our fitness center is a great amenity, especially during our North Dakota winters! We thank you for your continued patronage and hope to continue having you as a guest in the future!
Thanks,
Brittany Johnson, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely facility connected to the University. That being said, the hotel employs college students who are probably new to the hospitality industry. The breakfast times were different on the weekdays than on the weekend, but this was not shared upon check in so many people who checked in over the weekend missed breakfast during the week. There was no water available at any time in the lobby, even at breakfast. Not once did the "waitress" offer to bring water or drinks to the table. I'm not sure what the point of having someone sporadically take orders for guests is, when half the time you have to go get what you want anyway. The "waitress" on the first day didn't notice the breakfast voucher on the table and still printed up a tab when we were leaving. She said she was new and wasn't sure about how those worked. The "waitress" on the second day seemed to think each person in the room needed their own voucher despite the "# of guests" section of the voucher where we have always written in the number of guests in the room when dining at breakfast.

This hotel also doesn't offer toiletries if you have forgotten something like toothpaste or a toothbrush. I am so used to Hampton Inn by Hilton that this was surprising for such a nice looking hotel.

Lastly, the one nice thing the front desk said they offer was cookies each night at 5pm. I went down every evening and never saw cookies out. I don't mind if a hotel doesn't offer any special little perks so long as they don't say they do, but then don't.

Hilton Garden Inn has ads everywhere that say something to the effect of "we hope you have a great stay - if you don't, it's free!" I don't expect a free stay, but I do expect the communication between the staff to be better than it was, so that my stay isn't interrupted by little hiccups.

The one great thing about this hotel is its cleaning staff. They are attentive, friendly, and helpful. 5-stars to them!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This hotel was exactly what one expects from Hilton properties. Well cared for and superb service.

I arrived because I was flyimng out and made a last minute change to beat a storm. Everything was smooth and when the departrure become uncertain the staff were very helpful in ensuring that I was accommodated.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was a pretty good Hilton Garden. The staff was friendly and helpful and my room and the lobby was very clean. The pantry had a little better beer selection than what is usually available at Hilton Gardens, but alas no spicy kettle chips; must be an up north thing.

Breakfast was about average. If you arent a Gold or Diamond member with free breakfast coupons, I would skip it and go to a restaurant for better food at half the price. I only ate dinner once. The menu was the typical Hilton "American Grill" . Prices are a good 20% higher than an off site restaurant without an increase in quality. Again, no spicy food :(

Location isnt that great. I guess it would be good if you had business at the university as it is located right on campus. There aren't any restaurants or other businesses within walking distances. The airport is only a few minutes drive away.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

When I am in Grand Forks North Dakota this is my go to destination. Impressed by the staffs helpfulness, friendliness and the welcome I received, I mark this as the place to stay in Grand Forks. I highly recommend this property to anyone visiting Grand Forks for any reason, business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2013

From the nicely decor lobby to my room was a great surprise, well kept hotel and greatly staffed. Good location, specially if you are doing business at UND. Breakfast Bar was average, but evening bar service and food was above par for this type of hotel. Fitness center was good, but pool and hot tub area a little small. One bonus.. they have their own laundry facility.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn was clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff courteous. I had an early flight out the next day and stayed here since the weather was questionable. The next morning it was storming out and the flights were not cancelled (until much later). I fought weather on my way to the airport and when my flight was cancelled I went back to the Hilton Garden Inn and went back to my room. The front desk staff was very accommodating. There is a breakfast area where you can order all you want for 10.00 which was a great bonus due to the weather. I tried to make a reservation for a second night in case my flight did not go, but the place was full. The front desk staff was willing to put my name on a waiting list.