“As Always... This Place is Great”

Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Wasilla, Alaska
“As Always... This Place is Great”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The rooms here are very clean, spacious, quiet, and comfortable. Breakfast was great with eggs cooked to order with bacon, sausage, and most anything else you could want... Well, except biscuits and gravy. :) The staff are the best part. They are all very friendly nd eager to take care of you. I highly recommend this HGI whenever you travel to Grand Forks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HGIGFUND, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write about your stay on Trip Advisor. We were thrilled to see the ratings we received from you in regards to your recent stay. If I or any member of my staff can be of any assistance for any future stays in Grand Forks, please call or e-mail our hotel, we look forward to being of service again.
Ciara Mills, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This year marked my 8th consecutive year that I've stayed at the HGI during multiple annual trips to Grand Forks for college hockey and reunions with classmates. This trip was planned at the last minute, and every hotel in town was sold out due to a convention and hockey weekend.

As always, the hotel was immaculate in every area. The beds are the greatest, and I wish I slept that well every night at home! The breakfast buffet was fresh and a good selection of well prepared to order entrees.

What makes this Hilton Garden Inn stand out is the staff's dedication to customer service. The Front Desk staff went the extra mile to find an available room for me each weekend night when they were booked to capacity. The restaurant server was attentive, yet unobtrusive, and even the housekeeper took time to hand write a note to leave in the room to make sure that my stay was enjoyable.

The service! It's all about delivering a comfortable room with above average amenities, and the service. In every area, this Hilton Garden Inn stands out as exceptional!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very nice rooms and a great stay, staff very nice and very friendly, the fitness center could have a little more equipment and the pool was nice. The hotel is very well located and close to all shopping malls and restaraunts.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Had a great time!!!!! Excellent rooms and really comfy beds...you can adjust the firmness to your liking. Front desk staff was awesome and even gave us free tickets to a roller derby. My friend and I were there for a girls weekend and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: A little ways from the mall but very quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
East Grand Forks, Minnesota
Reviewed October 4, 2012

A few weeks ago, we celebrated our wedding here in Grand Forks. With many out of town guests attending, we wanted to make sure that we would book a block of rooms at a nice hotel in town. Well, the Hilton is a nice hotel, however the management was terrible! Throughout the entire process we had issues, we had guests that would call in to make a reservation under the wedding block, and were told there were no rooms available. This was a mistake, as we did not fully book the entire block. This happened to 3 sets of guests (who ended up staying elsewhere). The day of the wedding, everything was perfect until we got to the Hilton Garden Inn after the wedding dance. When myself and my husband (bride in groom) went to check in to our jacuzzi suite for the night, the clerk explains they don't have a room under my name. I even have an e-mail from the Director of Sales showing the room reservation under my name for the night. So, after a long night of dancing, I was looking forward to soaking my feet in my suite. The clerk had found an open room for us, we went up and there was no jacuzzi (although she said it had one) it was just a standard room. We went back down and we had to settle for a handicapped room with a bigger bath tub. I didn't have to pay for the room, but this was a huge disappointment. I will never stay or recommend this hotel to anyone. Terrible management and not the way I was planning to end my wedding night!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hangs17
HGIGFUND, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate you during your special event. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation. Thank you for your honest feedback, I have provided your review to our front office team to ensure that our guests comfort is met. Please accept my apology for the unfortunate circumstances and contact me directly so I can gather more details so we can make things right.

Kind regards,
Ciara Mills, General Manager
Winnipeg, MB
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The whole family went to Grand Forks for a shopping trip this past weekend. I thought we would stay somewhere nice, like the Hilton. The hotel is only 10 years old. We stayed in a Jr. king suite. First, I expected a division between the bedroom and the living room, like a door or something. Second the room was non smoking but smelled like smoke and even had ashes in the cracks of the coffee table. Our room was next to all the smoking rooms and the hallway really really stunk like smoke, and when we opened our window, all that smell was sucked into our room. Another complaint was that you had to pay for breakfast. Really, for the cost of the rooms, breakfast should be complimentary. The room was nice, even though the furniture was very outdated. The pullout couch was absolutely awful to sleep on. The pool was nice, but the hot tub jets had no umppff whatsoever. The room service took forever and when it did arrive, it was cold. The food was ok, good thing for a microwave in the room. The best part for me was the pool because it made my some really happy. All in all, there are a lot nicer hotels to stay at in GF.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Moses Lake, Washington
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my second stay with the great staff and very comfortable rooms. This was an extended stay and the housekeeping staff kept me well supplied with coffee (very important) and any items I needed. The wait staff in the dining room was extremely nice, the front desk as well. They helped with some technical problems on my laptop, recommended great places to visit and events to enjoy. By the time I left, I felt I was leaving friends, not just people doing a great job.

Room Tip: The two room suites are great. Both times I've stayed I was on the south side, nice to wake up...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business