“Comfortable room, good food, great people!”

Giuseppe's Italian Ristorante
Ranked #38 of 170 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a great place to have in Downtown GF! Locally owned, and a new menu starting Friday the 13th, 2014. So nice to have a small eatery rather than the big chains! 4 beers on tap, my colleague tried a couple and said they were fresh and cold, and served in proper glasses with just the right amount of head. I had a couple of glasses of wine selected by the waiter. Both good. Colleague had bruschetta, he liked it, rather than cheese, had a mayo/aioli type material down the center. Taste was good but I prefer cheese. I had the soup of the day. excellent. Salads, house dressing was light and tasty! His main was the veal parm. 5 out of 5. I had the Bolognese with penne. It was served from the oven. Very good but not awesome. Service was excellent, all three working the room paid attention to our needs. THIS IS SLOW FOOD-don't be in a hurry. But well worth it. Portions were good and all fairly priced. We were the last to leave. It will be in our rotation from now on. Really a 4 1/2 but because of local ownership and location AND the staff, It deserves a 5 more than a 4. Outrdoor summer tables, but on busy noisy street, so not for me...right inside with A/C comfort!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

The food was great along with the atmosphere. Our waiter was very nice and patient with us. He made suggestions and explained the menu. I will definitely go here again.

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Food is always consistent and fresh. Staff is down to Earth and friendly. Atmosphere is super comfortable. ....I love coming here. It is for me, a neighborhood favorite.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We used to love going to Guiseppe's, however not since the ownership changed. We tried to give them a second chance but were even more disappointed on that visit. The bread is served cold, the veal marsala was incredibly tough, one of the pasta dishes had a sauce that was inedible. I was happy that I had a salad so I didn't go hungry.

I miss the old owners and don't plan on going back. We still have a gift certificate, but the new owners won't honor it anyway.

3  Thank bassbird
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Small-city Italian restaurants can be disappointing. Not so Guiseppe's in the heart of downtown Grand Forks. The decor is clean and spartan, the service highly professional, and the food fresh, light, and tasty. A fine choice for dinner out in this neat town.