“Great Spot”

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We walked here from the East Grand Forks campground. It's a quaint but well appointed space. Four in our party. I had the special with home made spicy pork meatballs and gluten free pasta. Awesome! Server and chef well aware of gluten etc. everyone enjoyed their dishes and I treated myself to Spumoni for dessert. Average sized portions and priced very reasonable. We'd go again!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I thought this was a nice little restaurant that was really trying to do things right. I was in a hurry so I didn't get a chance to get the full experience. My lasagna had way too much sauce and did not really wow me. I wished I had another opportunity to get back there to give it a fuller review and second chance because I did like the place and the staff.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Located on the main street with near impossible parking, this restaurant isn't bad at all. It's what North Americans think Italian food is. Unfortunately, it tries to cover too many regional Italian flavours and falls short most of the time.

The restaurant is smaller and quite dark. Nicely appointed.

Fresh very hot bread was served but the EVOO was forgotten. We had to ask for it although other tables were served it. The appertizers are hit and miss. The calamari was judged acceptable but the zuchinni was a soggy mess. The entrees were good and very large. An Italian sausage with penne was good but the sausage was cut into huge chunks and the sauce very heavy and with too many herbs.

A short, decent wine list had very good prices.

Service was spotty sometimes hovering and other times none existent.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The appetizers aren't worth a hoot. The menu in general is rather plain. The food seems to be premade and quickly heated to serve when ordered.

2  Thank foodconnoisseur84
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Atmosphere was calm and semi casual. Conversation is great. And the employees seemed like restaurant was family-owned. The Italian soda was gross some coffee flavor that waitress suggested. And food was mediocre to what I know about how authentic Italian food should taste. And where's the Cesar Salad. I think Tutto-Bene in Bemidji, MN is probably the best Italian restaurant I have eaten so far. Even better than Olive Garden and is more localized. Yum makes me hungry thinking of Tutto-Bene in my hometown.