“Very comfortable stay”

Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Manitoba, Canada
“Very comfortable stay”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Spent Labor day weekend with the family at this hotel. The rooms are spacious, modern and very comfortable. A nice seating area with a little table was included. This came in handy when breakfast was too crowded to find a seat. My wife and I were split on the beds. I found them too firm she liked them so just personal preference but they were good beds. Our bathrooms... toilet and shower are separate which is handy, were really nice but the shower had a bit of mold, which was really surprising considering how clean and new everything else looked.The breakfast was very good. The pool was warm and the hot tub hot, although the kids would have loved a slide. The decking around the pool is slippery however and we saw a number of people slip a bit on it as they first entered the area, myself included even after being warned about it. Staff were very friendly. All in all a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I stay here for a week at a time and won't stay anywhere else! Friendly staff, clean, great breakfast, and convenient gym facilities! They even have a nice patio with fireplace. Haven't tried the pool but it looks nice.

• Stayed August 2013
United States
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here when they just opened and I’m impressed that it’s still the same as it was opened. Even the curtain beads in the lobby that I wouldn’t think it would last are still there. The room is still great and the bed is still great. Breakfast is the usual Springhill breakfast, love their oatmeal but can’t say the same about their scrambled eggs. Just shows that they maintain this property very well.

Saw Hampton Inn as their desktop in the business kiosk, I hope they're not changing to a Hampton chain 'coz I really like the Marriott Rewards.

• Stayed August 2013
Dauphin, mb
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The only thing this place is missing is a slide for the pool....

The rooms are great. It was clean and the beds are very comfortable. The breakfast was nice, and they always had someone cleaning and refilling.
The next time we go back to Grand Forks, this will be our home away from home.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nice property under the Mariott brand. The hotel is about 10 years old, but has been upgraded in the past year, so everything is new and up to date. The room is a bit small, but adequate for a couple and a child on the couch.

The room has an extra sink which is nice and the toilet is in a separate room from the shower. The shower was very nice as well. Unusually so for a value priced hotel.

The breakfast buffet was also quite good. We have stayed at several hotels in this area and I like this one the best.

My only negative was that the hotel seemed to have a bit of a funny smell. Don't know what it was, but it was a bit annoying when you walked into a room.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at this facility a few years ago when it was brand new and having to overnight in Grand Forks, I thought I would give it another try.
Firstly, this is a very modern looking hotel. Both the rooms and the entry/lobby area are very clean and stylish. I had a very quick check in especially since I had no reservation. They just looked me up on their system, swiped my visa card and voila, I was in.
I had a room on the 3rd floor with 2 queen beds. The room was very clean and tidy. It was a cool day and so I figured out easily how to adjust the temperature to my liking. The room has 2 beds nicely made up, a desk and sitting area that is very comfortable, a toilet room with a hand sink and a large (room for a party) a separate room with a glass shower with a rain shower head and a large vanity. The room had WiFi and it worked very well. There was a large TV visible from the bed or sitting area. The hotel was very quiet. I did not have any disturbance and I am a light sleeper.
I got up before breakfast opened at 0600 to make myself some toast as I eat gluten free and bring my own bread when I travel. Although the area was not yet open for another half hour, the friendly staff allowed me to go ahead and use the toaster. The breakfast looked awesome. There are hot chocolate, tea and coffee and decaf available 24 hours a day and it was very good.
The exercise room is basic but quite usable and clean. The pool area looked good but I did not use the facilities so cannot comment.
Checkout was a breeze. The staff was also very helpful in finding me a gluten free restaurant.
Only one point, the bed was a bit firmer than I am used to, but last time I stayed there I slept like a baby so who knows if it was really the bed!
I would stay there again and recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg, MB
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was very impressed with this new hotel close to the highway in Grand Forks. Room was modern and clean with fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Great bathroom with glass shower. We checked in late and left early after breakfast. There were many, many children in the breakfast area which made for a noisy, messy time - but that is not the hotel's fault. The location is good for anyone passing through or for those who want to be close to the shopping etc on 32nd Avenue.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple