“Another great stay at a CIS”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Forks
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
's-Gravenzande
“Another great stay at a CIS”
Reviewed September 9, 2010

This is a very nice hotel, we do like the Country Inn a lot. This one was clean, quiet and close to a shopping center. Both rooms were nice and comfortable. Absolutely a place to come back to.

• Stayed September 2010
4 Thank hetden
CISGRKS, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Forks, responded to this review, February 26, 2015
Thank you for the great review!

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay!

We look forward to seeing you again at Country Inn and Suites Grand Forks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Manitoba
Reviewed August 26, 2010

This hotel provides excellent value for the money. The rooms were a good size. (We had a family suite.) The rooms were clean & well kept.

The pools were also clean.

The buffet breakfast was very food & the breakfast room was lovely.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank glbkge
Thank you for the great review!

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay!

We look forward to seeing you again at Country Inn and Suites Grand Forks!
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My husband, my daughter and I stayed here on our way from our home in Minot, ND to Minneapolis for a literary conference that our college student daughter was going to attend...There had been a blizzard in the state that had just ended the night before, and the weather and the roads were still a mess...very, very snowy and icy (yikes!). We decided to stop in Grand Forks rather than continue on to Fargo, since it was getting dark and the roads were terrible, and boy are we glad we did. This Country Inn and Suites was virtually brand new at the time, and was warm, wonderful, and just beautiful. The staff was terrific! Very welcoming and helpful with everything. The entire hotel is just lovely and our room was wonderful...Very pretty and extremely comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was yummy...As eager as we were to get back on the road to Minneapolis, we were so comfortable in our room, we hated to leave...Next time we're in Grand Forks, we'll definitely stay here again. Don't miss this hotel...You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank magnolia627
Thank you for the great review!

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I'm a Carlson Employee and I drove down to Grand Forks to go shopping with some friends. I was really happy to get an excellent employee discount. I made my reservation through central reservations and was told that there was an extra person fee because initially it was planned that there were going to be 4 adults in the room. Those plans didn't pan out and it ended up being just myself and a girlfriend. When I mentioned this to the young lady at check-in she was more than happy to adjust my rate and told me on my next visit to call the hotel directly as they don't charge for an extra person fee and that that was something automatically done by central reservations.

The room my friend and I stayed in was fabulous. The entryway was HUGE, the beds were warm and comfortable, and the tv was nice and big too. We had not only chosen this hotel because of the employee rate I was able to get, but because they had a pool open until midnight. So my girlfriend and I picked up some mix at the grocery store, kept it cold in the mini-fridge in our room, poured ourselves some drinks and headed down to the pools for a few hours.

The pools were nice, water a touch too warm but if you went between the hot tub and the swimming pool it was nice.

The continental breakfast was amazing. They had waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, fruit, warm biscuits, omelettes, toast, cheese, juice, tea and coffee. Where the food is set up in the breakfast area is a little tight, but it's all about patience and everything moves fine,

My friend and I noticed when looking through the guest directory that they have 24hrs coffee, tea and cookies. So we asked about it at the front desk. The gentleman on duty let us know that they don't often have the 24hr cookies out but he was more than willing to get us some, which she chuckled about and kindly refused.

The sleep my girlfriend and I had that night was supurb. I didn't want to wake up and I had to yell a few times at my friend to get her to wake up and start moving.

We really enjoyed our stay. Whether or not I'm a Carlson employee when I return to Grand Forks the Country Inn and Suites will be my choice for a place to stay. The rates and location can't be beat.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review!

We are delighted to hear that you had a great nights rest!
Manitoba
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Have stayed in a couple of hotels around the area, and the Country Inn and Suites was definitely one of the better ones. Clean bathrooms, nice beds, and my 5-year old son had a blast in the kiddie pool. We asked for a late check-out, and the front desk people were nice enough to give us an extension.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank hundredacrewoods
Thank you for the great review!

We look forward to seeing you again!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Stayed for a weekend to shop and relax. Got a one bedroom suite and was quite pleased, very new and clean. Nice soft comfortable bed with pillow top mattress soft sheets and large pillows. TVs are huge with HD channels. Pool is large for the size of the inn with nice cedar on the walls and ceiling good water temp, two hot tubs one hot and other max hot. Breakfast buffet was very good, waffles fresh fruit sausages, yogourt, cereals and pastries. Close to the mall and all amenities. A+

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review!

We look forward to seeing you again!
winnpieg
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Our experience was very positive here! Upon walking in, we met friendly, helpful staff who were so attentive to our needs (set up the crib for our infant, brought in hypoallergenic bedding/pillows for child with allergies). We asked for a late check out due to the kids' morning nap schedule, and were told it was no problem (at no extra charge!) The free breakfast has something to suit everyone - even those with food allergies. FYI, there are no eggs in the waffle mix (I spoke to the kitchen staff) so my son was quite pleased he could have a "waffle maker waffle" with syrup. There was so much food to choose from - breads, yogurt, fresh fruit, bacon, eggs, etc... The hotel is quiet (ask for a top floor room) and very clean. The pool is great fun for little kids.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
CISGRKS, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Forks, responded to this review, February 26, 2015
Thank you for the great review!

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!