I stayed alone at this Select Inn a couple years ago and had an ok experience: a cheap hotel that meets low expectations. However, this trip my wife and I were force into a smoking room that was so uncomfortable that we left after six hours of sleep. The stench wafted out the door when it opened but the desk could not give us another room. Sheets were stained, the comforter had a cigarette burn, the in between blanket was gritty to the touch. The smoke smell was so bad that I had to get up in the middle of the night to wash off from an allergic reaction. Showering the next morning, black streaks went down the drain from what I picked up from the carpet with my bare feet. My wife's Cpap machine had to be washed inside and out to stop the smokey smell from pushing through the machine at home.
When I confronted the person at the desk the next morning, she refused to put me to give me contact information for a manager or an owner. She was unable or unwilling to rectify the situation in any way shape or form.
If you must stay at this Select Inn, a nonsmoking room is a must. I don't have a high standard for a hotel and am pretty much willing in anything cheap, safe and clean. The smoking room is unacceptable by every measure.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Select Inn Grand Forks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.