“Undervalued - and I hope it stays that way”

Fairfield Inn Grand Forks
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Really nice, clean and comfortable hotel. Very well priced, and a nice included continental breakfast (and make your own waffles). We arrived mid-week and it was fairly quiet - we stayed on the 2nd floor above the pool, and would have likely heard noise if people were using it (soundproofing not that great).

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rccall

Reviewed December 7, 2010

We arrived on a Friday afternoon, originally for a 1 night stay, we were traveling from Minneapolis. After we arrived, the weather said that it was going to snow the next day, so I extended my stay. The front desk was accommodate my change in plans without a problem what so ever. The hotel was recently renovated, the beds were of some of the most comfortable that I had ever slept in. Everything was very clean. And the continental breakfast was one of the better I have had.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank vegasbride
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Check in was quick, staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room with 2 queen beds very spacious and nice to have the sink separate from the toilet. Flat screen tv was a nice unexpected surprise.

Free breakfast and parking is always a bonus.

Great location! Close to the mall, super target etc...

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank klotz80
Reviewed September 28, 2010

This hotel is not service oriented. We had requested a rollaway and had called numerous times on this since we were arriving after midnight,. Upon arrival, we asked if a rollaway was in the room. The staff said probaby not?. I then had to go to the room and find out on my own that we did not have a rollaway, I had to ask for extra blankets, sheets, etc. as the staff did not think to have that at least in the room. I did get a broken rollaway in the afternoon. There is no room to even pull out a rollaway in these rooms. I bought an air mattress. The breakfast was small and the food was not restocked. I said that to the desk staff and was told that the breakfast person was on vacation!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank lfrey45
Reviewed September 27, 2010

The first night we arrived the electricity was out, which is not in anyones control but they made no offer to take us to our rooms or give us flashlights. The emergency lights were out too so pitch black our rooms however had electricity. We get to our rooms and the room that I was in had stained sheets and a dirty bathroom floor. The next morning we go to the elevator and it is not working so we walked down the stairs and told the desk clerk and he just looked at me like I was crazy so needless to say the elevator was not working all day. My sister was promised a roll away bed and when they arrived they were told that they had no roll aways to give out. My mother complained to the desk clerk and all she said was that they were busy!!! The staff at this hotel was not professional at all and they should have offered a discount. My mother asked for a discount and they said that they are unable to do that. We paid about $200 for two nights and we got screwed. My advice.......Don't stop at this hotel pop a tent if you have to.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank amyjo1970
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Booked the Fairfield Inn for a couple of days R & R and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Hotel is newly renovated, clean and comfy. We were there mid-week so it was pretty quiet. Will at the front desk was eager to please when I requested a shower cap. The breakfast was very good and we enjoyed the waffles with strawberry topping. Our only concern relates to some of the other guests - How about getting dressed before coming down for breakfast?? Bare feet, pajamas and a robe may be ok in your own home but YOU'RE NOT IN YOUR OWN HOME. I think its very rude. I guess there's not much the hotel can do about that. We enjoyed our stay and would return more often if pets were allowed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank toban36
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I stayed at the Fairfield with my mother and sister, all 3 of us adults. We were in GF for a weekend of shopping and relaxing.

The positives:
Location of the hotel is perfect if you are in GF to shop. It's minutes from the mall and big box malls as well as loads of restaurants. My sister and I being in our late 20s like to go out for a few drinks and watch a game at night so it was perfect for us to be able to walk to Grizzly's, Space Aliens, Texas Roadhouse and then walk back to the hotel with no worries about cabbing or driving. The room was recently renovated top to bottom so everything was spotless. The beds and pillows were very confortable. Free wifi in the hotel which is a huge plus for workaholics like me.

The negatives:
The breakfast area is way too small for the size of the hotel. Each morning we had to bring out breakfast back to our room.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends