“Clean and Friendly”

Fairfield Inn Grand Forks
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
“Clean and Friendly”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Clean, clean, clean and super staff. This is a great hotel unless you like paying extra for high ceilings and fountains in the lobby. This is a basic but well decorated hotel with good breakfast
and willingness to look after your needs. Coffee, cold water, cookies, hot chocolate available all the time. Noon checkout, midnight pool, 10am breakfast - they got everything right for the things we care about. Beds are nice and soft as are the pillows. Only negative I could find is it should be priced about $10 to $15 less than it is. Grand Forks hotels seem to be having price creep but that may change with the Canadian dollars value loss. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Top floors are better, as some foot traffic above is heard in the lower rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This Inn was in a great location with options for all kinds of dining and shopping nearby. Check-in went smoothly. We arrived to our room, which had the extra pillows I had requested. About 10 minutes after we got settled, the front desk made a courtesy call to ensure we had everything we needed. The room was clean and neat. The bed was just the right softness. I also appreciate very much that they not only supply you with shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap, but also shower/bath gel! The breakfast is more than just "continental" with hot item offerings such as sausage, eggs, and Belgian waffles. We would stay here again if visiting in the area!

Room Tip: Non-first floor rooms are a bit quieter b/c there is generally less foot traffic.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel is relatively new, andbuilt eauropean style. Very functional, and satisfies business travellers well. Lots of ports for phone charging, and plugs for the computer/charger. Nice desk area, and plenty of room if a visitor drops by. THis would be my destination to stay in during business travel into Grand Forks, ND

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor level
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Emerson, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed March 7-8
Booked four rooms on my visa, advised them that the other three parties would be giving thier visa's when they get in and not to bill all them to mine. All three other parties provided thier credit cards upon arrival and the front desk scanned thier respective cards. I enquired about AMA/CAA and Gov. rate. They advised that there was a high school basketball championships on and that the rate was $189.99. No exceptions. Price was crazy, but we were down working and need the rooms. Nothing special about this place that would warrant the extreme price other than greed. Upon checking out I again advised the assistant Manager to make sure that all the other rooms were not charged to my credit card. He provided me with the managers card and said if there was to just call back and they would fix it. Three days later i check my visa and notice two charges for rooms. I called back and spoke with Luke who said I should get who ever stayed in room so and so to call them and talk to them. I spoke with the other party that stayed in room, he showed me his receipt, showed his credit card number that was billed. I had the other party contact Luke asst. manager who stated yes his card was charged for the room. Basically, I was told that I was wrong and that they did not double charge my visa. I had to contact VISA and report the double billing. VISA is dealing with this after returning the funds back to my visa card. After this dealing with this hotel, I would never stay at this place again, really!!! $830.00 for two nights! Poor customer service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank James_A_B_46
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear James_A_B_46,
Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry to hear about the negative experience you had. I'm also sorry if the authorizations on your card weren't clearly explained. When you reserved the rooms on your card an authorization was placed by your bank on your card for all of the rooms. When you checked out, your card was then charged for only your room, and your coworkers' cards were also charged for their rooms. Because the initial authorization to hold the rooms was still on your card, it appeared that you were double charged. In reality this authorization is not a charge, and it usually comes off your card a couple days later. Because each bank is different, the number of days the authorization stays on your card varies, and unfortunately, we have no control over this. But sometimes you can expedite the process by calling your bank, which it sounds like you already did. Once again, I apologize for the frustration that this caused you and hope that you can offer the Fairfield Inn Grand Forks another opportunity to earn your business on your next visit to the area.

John J.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Arrived in Grand Forks well ahead of scheduled check in time. The Manager (Luke) welcomed us and said there was no problem with early check in. He proceeded to give us a run down on all the amenities of the property, including pool hours (nice indoor pool) and said a free hot breakfast was served daily in the lobby area. Added in that coffee was available (free) 24/7.

He went on to ask if we needed anything including recommending restaurants in the area. The other front desk person seemed equally as efficient and friendly. When we went in and out of the hotel during our stay, we were always warmly greeted.

Our room was comfortable and well appointed. Ten minutes after check in, we received a phone call asking if everything was satisfactory with our room. We certainly were satisfied and the located close to shopping was ideal. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
MB
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed here without our kids for a small getaway. We spent the extra money to stay here, knowing that it was not a kid friendly hotel. We were not disappointed. Quiet hallways, empty pool and hot tub (which we enjoyed alone!). Staff was professional and accommodating. Breakfast had lots of fresh fruits, hot options, bagels, waffles, etc. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, WiFi that had a strong signal, close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Hotel rooms and corridors were clean. WIFI worked great (we were on the top floor at one end), beds were comfy. Breakfast was good, lots of choices. They were sometimes slow in replenishing breakfast items. The front desk staff do the replenishing, there isn't a person in charge of breakfast like I have seen at other hotels. Coffee and fresh baked cookies available all day in the lobby were good. All in all a satisfactory stay.
Hotel has been remodeled, except for the windows, they are older metal ones and drafty.That would be the only negative I saw, although my husband noticed the floors aren't level, there was a definate lean with the desk and the refrigerator.
Had a special coupon rate, and it was well worth the price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple