Days Inn Columbia Mall
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Forks)
$76
Fairfield Inn Grand Forks(Grand Forks)
$71
$71
Country Inn
$64
Hotels.com
My Place Hotel-Grand Forks, ND(Grand Forks)(Great Value!)
$67
$65
Travelocity
All reviewsfront deskcontinental breakfastwaffleslocation is greatshopping tripcolumbia mallroom was cleanhot tubbreakfast was excellentstay there againtoastexcellent stayshopping and restaurantshousekeeping stafffridge and microwavegreat place to staypool area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Linda B. - We have stayed several times at Days Inn in Grand Forks. Jean has always been so accomodating and we have never been let down. We get a non-smoking room. The rooms are clean and we will not hesitate to stay there next time.

Room Tip: Location is awesome
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Linda B
mydachsy, General Manager at Days Inn Columbia Mall, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is nice to hear good things about our hotel as well as the bad. The reviews help us to better improve problem areas. Once again thank you and we will definitely keep up the great customer service you come to expect from our hotel

Jean
Assistant Manager
Days Inn
Grand Forks, N.D.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I took a quick getaway down to Grand Forks for two days and one night for the purpose of shopping. We booked this hotel on Priceline because it was decently priced and looked alright on pictures. We booked a non-smoking king room. The whole hallways reaked of cigarette smoke and cheap truck stop air fresheners. We basically had to hold our breath while walking down the hallway towards are room. Once we got in our room, however, it was not that bad. The room and bathroom was very neat and clean. The smoky smell was still faintly present in the room, but we were able to open the window which helped. Breakfast was okay, but nothing special. If you are staying at this hotel solely based on sleeping, it is fine. Otherwise, I would suggest staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sonya F
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We had a smoking room (as requested) and when you walked in the stench was overwhelming.
I am a smoker and I could hardly breathe until the window was opened, or the air conditioner turned on.
The carpets looked like they had never been shampooed.

The bathroom was so small that you had to walk to the end of the toilet in order to be able to close the door.

The unprofessional aspect was seeing front desk staff folding sheets as guests entered the hotel.

The breakfast was only open until 9 am and was too early for guests on vacation. Most places are until 10.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Garry C
mydachsy, General Manager at Days Inn Columbia Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and I will do my best to address your concerns. We are a small property with limited space and employees. Many smaller properties such as ours also fold some of the laundry behind the front desk. Also, we are visible to guests as they check in and they do not have to wait for us to notice them if we are in the laundry room.
Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about the bathrooms to make them bigger.
During the week breakfast goes until 9 a.m. if it is busy we do not close it down until the last guest has left the dinng area.
As for the smoking rooms, we do use an ozone machine to eliminate the smoke smell. However, the smoking rooms are in demand and we cannot leave ozone machines in the rooms with the guest.
Again, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.
Jean
Asst. Mgr

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Just got back from Grand Forks, first time staying at the Days Inn. We checked in on Friday.

At check-in we requested a cot, when it arrived, it was lumpy and unstable, we returned it. After we dropped off our luggage, we did not return until about 11pm. As we were unpacking, there was a knock on the door. We answered the door and the front desk clerk informed us that they had received a noise complaint from our room. I was surprised, we were only talking and had the TV on at a reasonable level in the background! The clerk apologized but insisted that we keep the noise down. We turned the TV off and prepared for bed as quietly as we could.

The following night, we returned to the room around 9:30, in an effort to settle in sooner so that we would not receive another noise complaint. At 10:30, there was another knock on the door. Another noise complaint. I explained to the clerk that we were only talking and watching TV, she expressed some frustration and said "Maybe the walls are paper thin, but you need to be quiet." and she left.

After the second noise complaint, we decided to sit in the car and talk. We noticed two other cars in the parking lot were also occupied with hotel tenants.Apparently we were not the only ones who had received noise complaints.

After a half hour, we decided as a group to switch rooms. We approached the front desk and requested a change. The clerk found us a room on the second floor with unoccupied rooms on either side. Exhausted and frustrated, we moved all of our luggage to the second room.

The next morning, when we were checking out, we were informed that we were being charged for both rooms and told that they had received numerous complaints about our noise level during our stay. At no time did the night clerk mention to us that we would be charged for the second room, he handed us the room card, we didn't sign anything. I could understand the charge if we had been destructive, but when we came back to our room after it had been cleaned, we used two towels to wash up and rearranged the pillows, otherwise the room was spotless when we switched rooms.

I have been travelling to Grand Forks semi-annually for 6 years now, I've stayed in many hotels and this is the first time I've ever received a noise complaint. We always keep our rooms tidy, we tip the cleaning the staff and are always polite. We're in bed by midnight and never keep the TV loud.

The cleaning staff were great, the front desk crew seemed genuine, but unhelpful. If the walls are truly so thin, maybe some updating to the insulation is needed. We felt like chastised children every night and it severely tainted our trip. Being afraid to talk while getting ready for bed was awful and being charged for an extra room without our authorization was the final straw. We will never stay at this Days Inn or anywhere else in the world again, I would rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: If you must book a room for anything other than sleeping, book a room without occupants on either side. If you have children, book elsewhere, you will likely be told to keep your children quiet, good luck with that.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank LexDov
mydachsy, General Manager at Days Inn Columbia Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

We had complaints from more than 1 room . Also, moving to another room caused the guest to use 2 rooms in 1 night so both rooms had to be cleaned.
We do appreciate the feedback and will have a talk with the front desk personnel as to the proper way to handle these situations. Changing rooms at night is not a situation we normally have and our front desk clerks were informed as to how to handle this situaton should it ever arise again.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Well it was Xmas time up in Grand Forks and me and the wife were to meet our kids/grandchildren. It's not like we were not invited to stay the night at our kids place, we were - but we like to stay in a hotel/motel for the night because its like a vacation for us. So I had made reservations for us 2 weeks in advance. I placed a note in the system that it: be a quite place!
Well we get there at 3pm on the dot and the first thing I see is 7 teen age boys sitting at the tables eating and talking. I heard some kids running down the hall making noise and now i'm thinking to myself, Oh no a hockey tournament!
So I go up to the desk and the I said we have a reservations and gave my name...
The Gal behind the desk said; Oh yes here it is! Then she reads out loud; To Be a Quite Place!
She looks at me and smiles.. I said whats a matter don't you think you can find us a quite place. She didn't say nothing but she was thinking! She said, WELL I think I will put you in room 222. I believe it will be quite there!
So we went up and opened the door and as far as the room goes it was pretty darn good! It was clean and the beds were great to sleep on. SO I give it a thumbs up!
We left to visit the kids and came back at 10pm and we got into our room and I believe you could of heard a pin drop all through the night. IT WAS QUITE!
So the the Gal at the front desk did a great job of picking out a room for us.. NOW HERE COMES THE BUT!
So in the morning the wife decided to go for a swim. She was gone for 30 minutes and when she came back she said that the pool was sooooo cold that she couldn't walk down the steps into it any more then up to her ankles.. Now that's cold!
So she said she Cannon Balled into the pool and got the shock over with because she wanted to swim. After that she went into the hot tub and that was fine...
So if your a swimmer, it's gonna be COLD!
So in a nut shell room expectations = GREAT
and Pool expectations = COLD.
The price for that day was $79.99 plus tax. (12-17-2011)
I'll go back!
Between you and me I would of loved to seen the wife cannon ball in that pool!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family