“Newly Improved.. not so much!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Grafton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Grafton
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Let's face it, lodging choices in Grafton are pretty limited. For many years it was just assumed that if my family and I were visiting Grafton we'd be staying with AmericInn. It was a nice, clean place to stay and prices were on par with similar motels across the region. I'm not sure what happened, but this place seems to have come to the realization that they have you over a barrel and are taking gouging to a new level! Not only are the rates exorbitant ($144.00+ for a two-bed room) but the quality of customer service has taken a huge plummet compared to even a couple years ago. The addition of a bar next to the pool area seems to indicate that the management are looking to attract a new sort of client; they are no longer family-friendly in my estimation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julie M
There are newer reviews for AmericInn Lodge & Suites Grafton

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

For $85/night in an area with few accommodations, we were grateful to find this hotel. Looking back, we would certainly stay again.

PROS:
Accommodating staff, friendly, great value, comfortable, clean, nice lobby, convenient location, fridge, bar in lobby, good coffee.

CONS:
Mgr could not renew room reservation for an impromptu, additional night until 11a but she ended up fulfilling request 60m early. Room was a little tight for 3 woman.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was our 1st rest stop on our way to Alaska. Made reservations here in late Feb. or March. After driving 4 days we arrived. Front desk service and she went out of her way to help. Room location was perfect as I can't walk very far. Room is very nice, clean, updated, Flat screen TV with great cable. Haven't left our room since we got here but will venture out later today.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This location has been newly remodeled and you can definitely tell they did it with pride. There was not an area that smelled of smoke and our room was fresh smelling. The breakfast was the normal with the waffle, cereal, yogurts, bagels, toast, coffee, juices, hard boiled eggs, and also scrambled eggs and sausage. The new addition of the bar area was nice to have within the building. They have added a small menu with pizza, burger, chicken strips, nachos and fries that can be delivered to your room around the clock. Wi-Fi kicked in with my smartphone and they have a computer in the Lobby area for adults if needed. The lobby area was cozy for visiting instead of in the room. The staff was very friendly and courteous. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend this hotel in Grafton to anyone needing a place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Not many places to stay up here and this is the second time in a year that I have been here. Since my last visit, they have added a bar/resturant, where that breakfast area usually is. Wow what a nice surprise. The FIRST for me in all the AmericInns that I stay at that has a place to meet new ppl and grab a bit to eat without leaving the hotel ! Even tho it is limited to beer and wine dont worry, great prices! Even the menu was great for me! I just wanted a quick bite without leaving or haveing to order in and I had a buger and fries that was very good and just filling enough. I hope more AmericInns take on this philosophy of keeping there guests in the hotel and talking to other travelers. "thats what makes traveling fun".... even for buisness, LOL

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very nice hotel and swimming pool. Very pleasant staff. The continental breakfast was excellent because all of the food was fresh. In case you forgot to pack all of the necessaties, there is a Shopko right accross the street. They have free Wi-Fi for your smartphone or iPAD but lack a stand alone desktop computer with printer. Unfortunately, if your room is on the second floor, there is no elevator.

Room Tip: Our second floor had a nice view
Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel has gone through a full renovation since I was here last year. I'm honestly amazed by how nice my room is. The wind is howling outside but I'm warm watching TV in front of the fireplace in my room. They added a little bar/pub too.

• Stayed: January 2013

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Grafton? Share your experiences!