“great child orientated holiday”

Sunnydale Holiday Park
Reviewed October 25, 2013

just come back from a 4 night stay . found the caravan immaculate i have nothing to complain about . the restaurant food is good for what it is i enjoyed every meal although as it is coming to end of season selection was limited . the kids had a great time the teamsters were full of energy and the kids loved it cannot understand some of these reviews as i saw noone complaining and everyone had a great time . i have booked my 2014 holiday already and cant wait to go back

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Sunnydale Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay here at Sunnydale. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was also great to see that your accommodation was up to standard as we do strive to provide high standards. I am glad that your children enjoyed their stay as the entertainment team do work very hard to provide a full entertainment programme to try and suit all. We look forward to seeing you and your family next year to hopefully provide some more great memories.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night break here with the Sun holiday offer. £38 for 4 of us plus I paid £18 to have the beds made up. I was a bit apprehensive after reading all the negative reports on here but I couldn't have been more surprised!
We arrived at about 7.30pm on Friday night and had rung to let them know. We collected keys from the pleasant security lady in the reception hut. Directed us to the van and off we went.
We must have had an unexpected upgrade because the caravan far exceeded my low expectations! 3 bedrooms, central heating, bath & shower, lovely living area, full size cooker, fridge freezer and microwave. We were in van 75. Could have done with and iron and ironing board but what the heck..
The site is small and geared towards families with younger children, with a nice pool, soft play area and small outdoor play. The shop is VERY limited ... basics only but there are shops nearby. Small pub and larger cabaret room. The entertainment staff did there best and my 5 year old loved it.
Mablethorpe is about a 20 minute drive away and has a lovely beach and the usual rides etc. Donna Nook is also worth a visit if you like wildlife. The seals are expected any time soon !!
My only complaint (not really a complaint as such) about the site is the amount of mud between the caravans due to the cars turning etc. Needs some flags or gravel laying before someone gets stuck :-)
Would definitely go back...

1  Thank fernack

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay here at Sunnydale. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it exceeded your expectations with the accommodation that you was allocated and had everything you needed. We do also offer extra items at reception for a small charge like iron etc. This may be good to know if you were to return. We are a very family orientated park but we are also looking into ways in which we can cater more for teenagers. I was very happy to read that your 5 year old enjoyed it and that the entertainment team did a great job as they do work very hard. I would also like to thank you for the feedback about the park as it is from this that we can learn, improve and evaluate. Donna Nook is only a short distance away from park and like you said is well worth the visit as the seals should be here very shortly now. I hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Me and my mother and our 2 dogs went to stay at this park on 14th October 2013 for 4 nights through the Sun Holidays. We paid an extra £69 for our dogs and bedding which didn't work out to be a cheap holiday as we thought. On arrival we was given the keys to caravan 233, this caravan was old and smelt of dogs, carpet thick with dog hair, sofa stained and ripped, no heating in the bedrooms and was overall dirty. The second caravan offered after refusing to stay in 233 was 215, from the outside this looked more modern. Having a look around the caravan this again was full of dog hairs, there was a strong smell of sick in one of the bedrooms and sick on the decking outside area. The shower was dirty, beds was stained, and drink cartons still on the side, looks like someone had just checked out and no clean was done. Me and my mother handed our keys back and had to find alternate accommodation. I am currently awaiting a refund for this trip.This park is vile do not go!

Room Tip: Do not go!
2  Thank Laura C

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding you recent stay here at Sunnydale. We have contacted you directly.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I read the reviews before I went but we booked last year and I always give the benefit of the doubt how wrong can one be
Rang to say we would be late check in 7pm ok on office always open what a lie checked in a club house got to caravan not enough bedrooms
Oh dear
They will sort it oh no can't office closed security officer on site only one with any common sense I will get you some bedding to sleep with tonight

Let alone the condition of the caravan dirty smelly and cold

Me and my husband had a bench each and left do not go to this site I will be reporting your site to park resorts and the sun holidays not fit to visit

From one very unhappy family And if you check our report we never do this

P

Room Tip: Don't go here
5  Thank berbill064

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your stay at Sunnydale. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The office hours are displayed at reception and when guests call to say they will be late at arriving we do explain that this will not be a problem as the security team start when reception closes and they are either allocated in the reception or the complex which is straight opposite reception I am sorry if this was not explained clearly. With regards to your accommodation you booked I am aware you booked through a newspaper promotion and the caravan you were allocated did sleep up to six people as it provides a pull out bed. Unfortunately the only way you can secure a unit with an extra bedroom is by paying the extra charge. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused but I hope this will not discourage you from using park resorts.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Wanted a family weekend away hand having stayed at most park resorts we thought we would try sunnydale, we arrived at 3.55pm and went to receptionand was told to wait in the clubhouse as we were bronze caravan,the check in person was very disorganised and asked me if i had a pen to fill our details out you would have thought the receptionist would have had her own pen. we finally found the caravan as some did not have numbers and the directions from check in were no help, on enterance to the caravan the seating was stained the carpets in the bedrooms were stained the bedlined was ripped no net curtains and the cusions were ripped exposing the filling and other patchwork repairs were awrful windows soaking wet on the inside in the evening there were no lighting on way to the clubhouse got to the very small arcade clubhouse entertainment dreedful so went back to caravan that night could feel every spring in the matress and could not sleep on them the shop was bare and what was there was well over priced went to the swimming pool only to be told there were no lockable lockers and if we didnt want to put belongings in then take them to the pool to look after them very dissapointed with the pool no sides for the little ones the phone box was like something out of a horror movie after another unconfortable night we cut the break short and went home a day early very disapointed with park resorts and wont be booking with them again

4  Thank Stephen B

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay at Sunnydale. I am sorry if you felt that Sunnydale was not up to the standards expected. I have spoken to the reception staff so that they can make sure they are efficient with guests. Unfortunately not all caravans have to be numbered as most on Sunnydale are owners units but all our hire fleet have valid numbers on. We will try and see if we can make this more efficient by offering the owners caravan numbers.
I am sorry if your unit was not up to our usual high standards and we have now checked all units so this will not occur again. Regrettably there is nothing we can do about condensation as this is due to it being cold outside and when guests have their heating on this can be caused. We do ask guests to let reception know of any issues they may have straight away so that we can have the opportunity to rectify these. I hope this experience will not discourage you from using park resorts again.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Me, my husband and 6 month old stayed on a sun holiday, as we only paid £40 we were expecting the bare minimum but all I can say is if that is a basic caravan there really is no need to upgrade. Laminate throughout the three bedrooms all decent sizes as was the shower and kitchen area. As we didn't have to pay for our entertainment passes and the pool was free to use we practically saved money as we went swimming 3 times and our baby went in the ball pool area just across the hall. On the first night we ventured down to the restaurant having seen 2 meals for £10, £11 and £12.50 - wish we hadnt. I'm sure we were overcharged as the we had the 2 for £12.50, a small coke and a stella and it came to £19.67 so unless a coke and a stella is £7.17(!) I think something went amiss. Then when the food came it was very poor, tiny portions and tasted cheap (and I was a student so I know cheap lol), as it was late we said we would do the bingo the wednesday (football was on tuesday *yawn*) and it was ridiculously overpriced £10 for a book of just four pages which played for 1 line, FH, 1 line, FH linked so you had a 1 in 600 chance to win - wish we had saved our money and gone to Mecca - its cheaper for about 15 pages with 3 chances!! I cant complain about the location or staff they were lovely and we did LOVE the caravan. Although we were going to walk to the beach as read its at the top of the road but its all marshland and there was a sign saying unexploded bombs so we turned around - as you would lol. As the shop is only open 9-11 then 3-5 we went for the short walk to the garage/shop down the road which was handy, cheap and the staff are lovely! I would say its a bit out the way if you don't have a car but if you're looking for a relaxing break then go here - we didnt want to leave!!

1  Thank brunnylass

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your stay here at Sunnydale. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it exceeded your expectations with the accommodation that you was allocated. All of our facilities that we offer on park are free and I am glad that you were able to make good use of them and that the facilities suited you and your family’s needs. The indoor play area has been new to the 2013 season and we have had some great feedback from this. With regards to the meal deals these are very popular but unfortunately they are only in place from 12pm till 6pm, Monday till Friday I am sorry if this was not explained when you made your order. The link bingo that we offer has had some great cash prizes which some have been won on our park. I am glad that you felt the staff were friendly and that the location was good as we do strive to provide excellent customer service and have a great team at Sunnydale. It is a shame you had to leave but we will hopefully have the pleasure to greet you here again.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

If you are looking for a Blackpool type holiday then Saltfleet may not be for you, but if you are looking for tranquil beaches and plenty of space on the foreshore then it is just the place. Yes the sea can be a walk away but this is part of the pleasure. Mablethorpe is only 8 miles away if a bit more busy is required.
The entertainment is good and kids are well catered for, with Madness and Mayhem popular with children. The staff are always courteous and the food is up to standard. There are people with dogs on site including myself, but all are considerate owners and there is no problem with cleanliness of the site. The site is small, but children can play without getting lost on it. I am due to retire and have just bought a caravan on site, as I believe this is a place well worth visiting.

Room Tip: Rooms being caravans I would say the comfort of them is a surprisingly high standard.
2  Thank Martin6012

Saltfleet I feel is a great place we are a nice and quiet resort but our location is close to local attractions and just a short driving distance. Sunnydale tries to cater for all ages but we are a very family friendly park and dog friendly too. As I am sure you will agree with being a dog owner there are some great walking routes with plenty to see like the seals if people walk out to the water near park. I am glad to read that you think the same and it is a pleasure to see that you have purchased your own holiday home and I hope you can enjoy the many events that we offer to our owners. I look forward to seeing you and your family throughout the seasons.
01507 338 100

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saltfleet
Southview Park Hotel - Park Resorts
No photo provided
The Crown Inn
#1 of 1 in Saltfleet
Meals Farm Holiday Cottages and Bed & Breakfast
Meals Farm Holiday Cottages and ...
#3 of 4 in North Somercotes
#2 of 4 in North Somercotes
No photo provided
Rosa Campsite
#4 of 8 in Chapel St. Leonards

Been to Sunnydale Holiday Park? Share your experiences!