“Dirty is my only word!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saltfleet
Manchester
“Dirty is my only word!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Me and my mother and our 2 dogs went to stay at this park on 14th October 2013 for 4 nights through the Sun Holidays. We paid an extra £69 for our dogs and bedding which didn't work out to be a cheap holiday as we thought. On arrival we was given the keys to caravan 233, this caravan was old and smelt of dogs, carpet thick with dog hair, sofa stained and ripped, no heating in the bedrooms and was overall dirty. The second caravan offered after refusing to stay in 233 was 215, from the outside this looked more modern. Having a look around the caravan this again was full of dog hairs, there was a strong smell of sick in one of the bedrooms and sick on the decking outside area. The shower was dirty, beds was stained, and drink cartons still on the side, looks like someone had just checked out and no clean was done. Me and my mother handed our keys back and had to find alternate accommodation. I am currently awaiting a refund for this trip.This park is vile do not go!

Room Tip: Do not go!
2 Thank Laura C
Park R, General Manager at Sunnydale Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding you recent stay here at Sunnydale. We have contacted you directly.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I read the reviews before I went but we booked last year and I always give the benefit of the doubt how wrong can one be
Rang to say we would be late check in 7pm ok on office always open what a lie checked in a club house got to caravan not enough bedrooms
Oh dear
They will sort it oh no can't office closed security officer on site only one with any common sense I will get you some bedding to sleep with tonight

Let alone the condition of the caravan dirty smelly and cold

Me and my husband had a bench each and left do not go to this site I will be reporting your site to park resorts and the sun holidays not fit to visit

From one very unhappy family And if you check our report we never do this

P

Room Tip: Don't go here
5 Thank berbill064
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your stay at Sunnydale. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The office hours are displayed at reception and when guests call to say they will be late at arriving we do explain that this will not be a problem as the security team start when reception closes and they are either allocated in the reception or the complex which is straight opposite reception I am sorry if this was not explained clearly. With regards to your accommodation you booked I am aware you booked through a newspaper promotion and the caravan you were allocated did sleep up to six people as it provides a pull out bed. Unfortunately the only way you can secure a unit with an extra bedroom is by paying the extra charge. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused but I hope this will not discourage you from using park resorts.
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Wanted a family weekend away hand having stayed at most park resorts we thought we would try sunnydale, we arrived at 3.55pm and went to receptionand was told to wait in the clubhouse as we were bronze caravan,the check in person was very disorganised and asked me if i had a pen to fill our details out you would have thought the receptionist would have had her own pen. we finally found the caravan as some did not have numbers and the directions from check in were no help, on enterance to the caravan the seating was stained the carpets in the bedrooms were stained the bedlined was ripped no net curtains and the cusions were ripped exposing the filling and other patchwork repairs were awrful windows soaking wet on the inside in the evening there were no lighting on way to the clubhouse got to the very small arcade clubhouse entertainment dreedful so went back to caravan that night could feel every spring in the matress and could not sleep on them the shop was bare and what was there was well over priced went to the swimming pool only to be told there were no lockable lockers and if we didnt want to put belongings in then take them to the pool to look after them very dissapointed with the pool no sides for the little ones the phone box was like something out of a horror movie after another unconfortable night we cut the break short and went home a day early very disapointed with park resorts and wont be booking with them again

4 Thank Stephen B
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay at Sunnydale. I am sorry if you felt that Sunnydale was not up to the standards expected. I have spoken to the reception staff so that they can make sure they are efficient with guests. Unfortunately not all caravans have to be numbered as most on Sunnydale are owners units but all our hire fleet have valid numbers on. We will try and see if we can make this more efficient by offering the owners caravan numbers.
I am sorry if your unit was not up to our usual high standards and we have now checked all units so this will not occur again. Regrettably there is nothing we can do about condensation as this is due to it being cold outside and when guests have their heating on this can be caused. We do ask guests to let reception know of any issues they may have straight away so that we can have the opportunity to rectify these. I hope this experience will not discourage you from using park resorts again.
york
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Me, my husband and 6 month old stayed on a sun holiday, as we only paid £40 we were expecting the bare minimum but all I can say is if that is a basic caravan there really is no need to upgrade. Laminate throughout the three bedrooms all decent sizes as was the shower and kitchen area. As we didn't have to pay for our entertainment passes and the pool was free to use we practically saved money as we went swimming 3 times and our baby went in the ball pool area just across the hall. On the first night we ventured down to the restaurant having seen 2 meals for £10, £11 and £12.50 - wish we hadnt. I'm sure we were overcharged as the we had the 2 for £12.50, a small coke and a stella and it came to £19.67 so unless a coke and a stella is £7.17(!) I think something went amiss. Then when the food came it was very poor, tiny portions and tasted cheap (and I was a student so I know cheap lol), as it was late we said we would do the bingo the wednesday (football was on tuesday *yawn*) and it was ridiculously overpriced £10 for a book of just four pages which played for 1 line, FH, 1 line, FH linked so you had a 1 in 600 chance to win - wish we had saved our money and gone to Mecca - its cheaper for about 15 pages with 3 chances!! I cant complain about the location or staff they were lovely and we did LOVE the caravan. Although we were going to walk to the beach as read its at the top of the road but its all marshland and there was a sign saying unexploded bombs so we turned around - as you would lol. As the shop is only open 9-11 then 3-5 we went for the short walk to the garage/shop down the road which was handy, cheap and the staff are lovely! I would say its a bit out the way if you don't have a car but if you're looking for a relaxing break then go here - we didnt want to leave!!

1 Thank brunnylass
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your stay here at Sunnydale. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it exceeded your expectations with the accommodation that you was allocated. All of our facilities that we offer on park are free and I am glad that you were able to make good use of them and that the facilities suited you and your family’s needs. The indoor play area has been new to the 2013 season and we have had some great feedback from this. With regards to the meal deals these are very popular but unfortunately they are only in place from 12pm till 6pm, Monday till Friday I am sorry if this was not explained when you made your order. The link bingo that we offer has had some great cash prizes which some have been won on our park. I am glad that you felt the staff were friendly and that the location was good as we do strive to provide excellent customer service and have a great team at Sunnydale. It is a shame you had to leave but we will hopefully have the pleasure to greet you here again.
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

If you are looking for a Blackpool type holiday then Saltfleet may not be for you, but if you are looking for tranquil beaches and plenty of space on the foreshore then it is just the place. Yes the sea can be a walk away but this is part of the pleasure. Mablethorpe is only 8 miles away if a bit more busy is required.
The entertainment is good and kids are well catered for, with Madness and Mayhem popular with children. The staff are always courteous and the food is up to standard. There are people with dogs on site including myself, but all are considerate owners and there is no problem with cleanliness of the site. The site is small, but children can play without getting lost on it. I am due to retire and have just bought a caravan on site, as I believe this is a place well worth visiting.

Room Tip: Rooms being caravans I would say the comfort of them is a surprisingly high standard.
2 Thank Martin6012
Saltfleet I feel is a great place we are a nice and quiet resort but our location is close to local attractions and just a short driving distance. Sunnydale tries to cater for all ages but we are a very family friendly park and dog friendly too. As I am sure you will agree with being a dog owner there are some great walking routes with plenty to see like the seals if people walk out to the water near park. I am glad to read that you think the same and it is a pleasure to see that you have purchased your own holiday home and I hope you can enjoy the many events that we offer to our owners. I look forward to seeing you and your family throughout the seasons.
Barton-upon-Humber, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I came to Sunnydale for a holiday in July and loved the experience so much that I bought a caravan and spend all my time off work here. It is so clean and tidy and the facilities are fantastic my grandchildren come up at weekends and absolutely love to get involved in everything and the teamstars are really good entertainers, its the best thing I have done. Everyone is so friendly

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay here at Sunnydale. It’s such a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay here with us that much that you decided to become one of our owners. The team work very hard to create memories for guests and it becomes very worthwhile to see comments like this. The maintenance team also work especially hard to make the park look as it does. Thank you for your comments and I look forward to seeing throughout the season.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

What can I say, we had another lovely time with our 5 year old twins at Sunnydale despite the weather!
We were fortunate enough to return to Sunnydale in order for our twins to compete in the next round of Park Resorts Has Talent.. With the offer of free accommodation we were not expecting a lot, in fact we were prepared for the basics. If the caravan we got was the basic, there is no reason to upgrade, it is spacious, clean and well looked after. The fire in the living area provided ample heating for the rest of the caravan.
The staff are all lovely from Security Sue to the staff behind the bar taking our drinks and breakfast orders. The entertainment team headed by the lovely Lisa were always helpful, smiling and genuinely nice. Added touches came in the form of hand written cards from Lisa already waiting in the caravan to wish the kids good luck. The VIP area reserved for all contestants and the time and effort taken into making the room special for the evening.
A big thanks to the lovely Ava, who, whilst Mommy was sorting the paperwork out for the Nationals, let the children write all over her once clean whiteboard.
As I have said before this is not the biggest Park Resort by far however the difference being the staff make you feel like a person rather than a booking number which I believe can happen in the bigger parks.
Highly recommend, can't wait to stay again soon.
Thanks to everyone and apologies for the lack of names x

2 Thank Lisa J
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding you recent stay at Sunnydale. I would firstly like to start by congratulating your lovely twins as they were great and I would like to wish them luck for Highfield. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that the caravan was up to standard as we do strive to provide high standards. I was also happy to read that the staff were friendly as we do have some great staff members who make all guests feel welcome so I will pass on your kind words. The entertainments team worked very hard and I think the added extras with the letters made a big difference. It also made that little wow factor with the VIP section and the children seemed to enjoy themselves which is the main thing. I am very happy you enjoyed it here and that you didn’t feel like a booking number as we do try to go that extra mile for guests. We look forward to seeing you, Mark, Caitlin and Conner again.
01507 338 100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saltfleet
Southview Park Hotel - Park Resorts
Grange Leisure Park
Grange Leisure Park
#7 of 8 in Mablethorpe
The Old Manor House at North Somercotes
The Old Manor House at North Som...
#1 of 4 in North Somercotes
Meals Farm Holiday Cottages and Bed & Breakfast
Meals Farm Holiday Cottages and ...
#3 of 4 in North Somercotes

Been to Sunnydale Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!