“Amazing, simply amazing”

Paradise Cove Resort
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing, simply amazing”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights (couple and 4 yo son) and it was simply the best holiday we have ever had. We were very fortunate to be the only family at the resort with a child for the first few days and our son absolutely adored the kids club - so much so that he preferred going to the club than coming to the pool with us! The staff were extremely friendly and professional. The highlight of our trip was to the local village. If I can please recommend one thing - take some clothes/school supplies/toys to donate as they are very much appreciated. The food is superb, no other word for it. Snorkelling and fishing were also fantastic. This will become our annual holiday destination now. We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic as they are all close to the beach
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank SuzanneK1981

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland
Reviewed February 10, 2014

A very quick quick and belated review - we stayed in September on the beach front with the two teenage boys. Wifi being a plus as we were in the middle of the Americas Cup which was of course in the end devastating!!
Paradise Cove was the perfect place for us with a beautiful beach, plenty to keep the teenagers occupied and relaxing cocktails for us. The meals were plentiful and fresh with the bakery an added bonus to fulfil two hungry boys.
Recommend taking the Seaplane for a quick journey

Room Tip: Beachfront all the way
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank BuffyLiz
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 9, 2014

“PARADISE” in every way, not just in name! We spent 8 nights over and including NYE here and as we’ve have visited sister resort Octopus on a few occasions (we reviewed these as well). The team have gone out of their way to incorporate the warmth, the natural beauty of the island and the delight that is Fiji and the Fijians into a resort that is a notch in luxury above Octopus.
The staff are the stand outs, so professional, so friendly and the effortless way they make you feel like family. From the very elusive chef that created tantalizing meals with a flair for presentation and taste (they lured him from another resort to raise the bar higher regarding the kitchen), to Joe and his team in the restaurant, such professional service and always helpful to arrange a table to sit with other friends. As well as Sunia, Knox & Bill with the icy cold libations at the bar, always there with a smile and a chat. Tim the Duty Manager was always around, looking after everything plus running front office.
And of course a special mention to the wonderful Va, who looked after our children (3 ½ & 9 months) with such tender loving care.
Our kids had an absolutely wonderful time, everyone including gardeners and maintenance would stop and talk to them, give a hug or let our son “help”. Our 9 month daughter was often whisked away, playing with straws, or just cuddles and giggles. The kids club was exceptional and is a purpose built air-conditioned club-house with dedicated staff and a boat built out of the side for playing on. There are morning and afternoon times so if you want, with having a babysitter each night from kid’s dinner which is before the adult’s dinner meant we enjoyed some down time in the day when required (no booking for the club, just turn up), cocktails and dinner. A real holiday for parents!
There are quite a few staff that are trainees, easily identified by their badges. On check out we were asked could a trainee please do it. We were more than happy as we weren’t going anywhere in a hurry and appreciate everyone needs to learn which leads to more employment of the local villagers. Check out was smooth.
As to accommodations, setting and the facilities the pictures don’t lie. The gardens have grown in more since previous reviews and will continue making it a lush tropical garden. The bure was as fantastic as all the reviews here say, with quite a big deck that we had a BBQ for 6 on one night with the (elusive) Chef doing the cooking.
It is quieter than Octopus and sometimes we were the only people at the bar after dinner but arrival of some families livened it up a bit. Still, it’s not a party place although NYE was a blast with great fireworks and we also had served canapés and champagne before dinner at the bar, all complimentary as were many things. One other guest remarked that other resorts charge you to breathe, not here! So much was included and you should try the kayak safaris and guided snorkel tours, they are excellent and you don’t have to be the fittest person on the island to do it.
One of the fellow guests asked about watching the cricket – The Ashes were being played. The next day a TV was set up on the bar and the boys were all very pleased!
We spoke to one of the owners about future plans given some reviews on here. They intend to add some more bures, but they will be couples only and the capacity will go from 80 to be around 110 including kids because the resort and island infrastructure doesn’t really have the services such as water, power etc to support a much larger resort, which we think is wonderful!. While we were there it was apparently full but at times we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves! That’s the clever part about the layout. The resort area and facilities will easily handle 110 guests and maybe the bar might be a bit more patronized after dinner. You can’t sit in the bure watching the smart TV all the time!
Wind – where?? …well we could have done with some as we had very hot still days, but that is Fiji in January… it doesn’t rain as much as on the mainland and rain was confined to late night time , which filled the water tank but we experienced no rain at all in the days.
Beach loungers – we had our own as we had beach villa, but others we spoke to said they never had an issue getting a seat. Each beach bure has 4 lounges and a hammock, as they can hold 4 adults but as there was only the 2 of use we offered the spare 2 to other guests. The lounges were of course just 10 steps to the water.
Seaplane arrival was fabulous and we saw a few helicopters as well that looked very fun! You can get an upgrade from the boat transfer to the seaplane so we came straight off the international flight and on to the island without a night on the mainland. We think it was worth it, being a family of 4 but it does cost a fair bit extra so we saved up with the express purpose of doing it.
If we had to look for any improvements we would suggest it needs a host / hostess as it does with its management on its other resorts that mingle, chat etc. A people person and am sure that will happen in time. Also are there any plans for a waiter service on the beach?  I really don’t care one way or another, just lazy!
And the best review we can give is that we have already booked a return stay in 12 months! Looking forward to writing that review as the bar is high!

Room Tip: Beach bures are huge with 2 bedrooms. If you're just a couple there's 1 beach bure that does...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank mobogo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 9, 2014

If you're looking for a relaxing experience in paradise, then this is it! An absolutely breathtaking island and a clean, modern, yet traditional resort.

My wife and I have been to a few islands over the past two years, including Oahu, Hawaii, Maui and Efate, Vanuatu, and Paradise Cove has probably made it to the top of our list.

The beach is spectacular, whether you're kicking back on one of the many hammocks strung between coconut palms, or stretching out on the sun-loungers just metres away from the calm waves lapping on the golden sands.

And to top it off, thousands of tropical fish are calmly swimming around the colourful coral reef just metres off the shore. Kayaking and stand-up paddle-boarding are also a great experience in the calm waters.

The staff keep you stimulated with a variety of activities throughout the day, whether that's a guided snorkeling tour at one of the nearby reefs, a skiff ride to hike a mountain on another island, or a kayak adventure to a deserted island populated by little goats to learn how to open a coconut.

All of the guides are extremely knowledgeable, enthusiastic and approachable. Thanks to Elvis for hooking us up with equipment, and thanks to Sai and Joseph for the awesome adventures!

The Paradise Cove staff also excel at the restaurant and at the bar. Sipping on a Mai Tai just metres from the vivid turquoise waters of the Yasawas is an experience I won't soon forget. Big thanks to Sunia and Knox for the great service.

The chefs and waiting staff were also great. Quick, attentive service, even on Fiji Time. Everything was delicious, and there was a fantastic variety of options, for a great price.

The entertainment was top notch too. From the traditional welcome as you step out of the seaplane, to the nightly performances of the string band on the kava mat, all of the staff go out of their way to ensure you have a real Fijian experience. A shell or two of kava after dinner as the band plays traditional Fijian songs on ukulele and guitar is a great way to top off a tough day of lounging on the beach, interrupted intermittently by bouts of snorkeling, kayaking or adventuring.

The only bad thing about Paradise Cove was having to leave, it's an amazingly picturesque slice of Fiji that manages to both stimulate and relax the soul. Amazing holiday, we'll definitely be coming back soon!

Room Tip: The garden bungalows are spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dan W
Rotorua, New Zealand
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I decided to do something special for my 30th birthday so we decided to go and explore Fiji.It was our fist time in Fiji and we stayed1 night in Denerau Island, 3 nights in the islands and a night in Nadi. All in all I have to say that the best days were when we were staying at Paradise Cove Island Resort.
We left Vuda Point Marina via the Aftershock and it was a scenic 1 hour and 30 minute boat ride. When we arrive in the resort we were immediately welcomed by the staff with a Bula song and welcome drink .After orientation about the activities and the time the meals were served we were then brought into our room. We stayed in a deluxe garden villa and the room was amazing!! The mini fridge was full of complimentary drinks which they refill every day . The shower was awesome.
It doesn't matter if your in a beachfront or Garden view all the room are the same (except of course of the location). It was good that our room had air-conditioning for its warm and humid in the afternoon, so we can just close all the windows and cool the room if it gets too warm.
There are all sort of complimentary activities everyday , there is hiking , snorkelling,kayaking, fishing, diving , weaving and (my favourite) visiting the local village.
The drinks in the bar are affordable and they make good cocktails and smoothies.Everynight before dinner my partner and I always like to sit with the staff and listen while they play the guitar and drink cava (the fijian local drink).
The Food was good.They have a wide range of cooked breakfast and continental breakfast buffet . Lunch menu differ everyday with a variety of special. A 3 course dinner is served after a day full of activities .
On my birthday, I was surprised by my partner and staff with a romantic candle light dinner by the beach with wine. Their lobster was delicious ( not included with the all inclusive meal) and for dessert I got a wedding proposal with a birthday cake while the staff sing my happy birthday song.
So I guess it is safe to say that I have the time of my life in Paradise cove fiji.

The staff is always ready to help with a smile . AMAZING!.
Thank you Paradise Cove for making my 30th Birthday and Engagement memorable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lou J
Barwon Heads, Australia
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This was my 6th trip to Fiji but my first to paradise cove. I have had an amazing time at the sister resorts, blue lagoon (3 times) and octopus (1 time) previously, so I was keen to experience their newest resort. It was truly beautiful in many respects. I travelled with my fiancé and 23 month old and my mother and her partner and we stayed in the 2 bedroom garden villa which was spectacular. Huge bedrooms, incredible outdoor bathroom with 2 showers, free minibar stocked daily and thankfully for this time of year air conditioning. We didn't,t use the tv or movie channels. The snorkelling at blue lagoon is far superior straight from the beach compared to paradise cove but you can still see plenty of fish. This wasn't really a problem as they had several free snorkelling trips to many fantastic spots. I will never forget one particular trip (thanks leps). Incredible!! We experienced some beautiful kayak trips, some guided some by ourselves and we mastered stand up paddle boarding. All fantastic equipment and free!! It was my fiancées birthday while we were there and he was presented with a lovely cake accompanied by some of the most beautiful Fijian voices singing happy birthday followed by a dance. The food is all lovely, many choices and my 23 month old was doted on and fed incredibly well. The beach!!! Wow! All I really want from a holiday in Fiji is a stunning beach that you can swim in at all tides, good food, relaxed vibe, lots of activities and snorkelling trips and to immerse myself in the Fijian culture. Fijians really are special people.you will experience all that at paradise cove. I can,t really put into words why I love Fiji but paradise cove and blue lagoon resort have left a profound impression on me. I am totally addicted!!!! I,m just dreaming about the next time I can return!!!

Room Tip: Personally I wouldn't spend the extra for beach front as it is a fair way off the beach.We were...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Jackie E
Sydney
Reviewed February 5, 2014

If you're looking for a smaller resort in a beautiful location then this place is worth a visit. We took advantage of the discounted return transfers by seaplane. However we arrived by helicopter as the seaplane was being serviced. What a way to go! We stayed for 9 days in a deluxe garden bure which was comfortable and clean. They are duplex but there was no issues with noise etc. As others have mentioned, there is free wi- fi, an outdoor shower, air con and a smart TV loaded with hundreds of movies and TV shows. The grounds are lovely and a work in progress. The 2 bedroom villas are fantastic- would love to stay in those one day.

The food was fresh and interesting and the portions were just right. Breakfast was good, consisting of fruit (mangoes were yummy), cereal, yoghurt, eggs, toast, pastries, juices and coffee.

The lunch menu was great and I made sure that i tried everything on the menu! It was all delicious especially the beautifully cooked fish. The 3 course dinners were very good too, no complaints here. The staff and service was exceptional- nothing was too much trouble. A big thank you to everyone at the resort especially Timoci, Mosese, Sai, Suniya, Bill (at the bar) and Posh.

Drinks were much cheaper here than on the mainland- a glass of wine was around FJD$11, cocktails $19, 2 nips of baileys $32 and coffee at the bar was $4. Plenty of filtered water at the bar as drinking tap water was not recommended. As the weather was very hot and humid we were constantly filling water bottles. However housekeeping provided 2 small bottles in the room daily.

The ocean was gorgeous and snorkelling off the beach was good in terms of marine life although some coral was damaged. You can swim all day so low tide wasnt a problem. We didnt use the pool but it was a decent size and well maintained. Also plenty of umbrellas and shade. Being a new resort the beach lounges were comfortable and the snorkelling gear was in good condition too.

We didnt go on the nature hike as it was way too hot, hopefully next time. The evenings are low key, the Fijian music is always a pleasure to listen to with bowls of kava thrown in. Sunday nights they screen movies outdoors (weather permitting) and once a week the staff perform in the meke which was entertaining. Depending on the number of children there they will also hold a crab race.

We also met some nice guests there, I enjoyed our conversations over dinner and in the ocean!. If you want to unwind and chill out in a beautiful location then you should visit Paradise Cove.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
#1 of 15 in Yasawa Islands
Octopus Resort
Octopus Resort
#1 of 3 in Waya Island

Been to Paradise Cove Resort? Share your experiences!