“Breathtaking experience of the real Fiji!”

and 1 more site!
Paradise Cove Resort
Perth, Australia
“Breathtaking experience of the real Fiji!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

If you're looking for a relaxing experience in paradise, then this is it! An absolutely breathtaking island and a clean, modern, yet traditional resort.

My wife and I have been to a few islands over the past two years, including Oahu, Hawaii, Maui and Efate, Vanuatu, and Paradise Cove has probably made it to the top of our list.

The beach is spectacular, whether you're kicking back on one of the many hammocks strung between coconut palms, or stretching out on the sun-loungers just metres away from the calm waves lapping on the golden sands.

And to top it off, thousands of tropical fish are calmly swimming around the colourful coral reef just metres off the shore. Kayaking and stand-up paddle-boarding are also a great experience in the calm waters.

The staff keep you stimulated with a variety of activities throughout the day, whether that's a guided snorkeling tour at one of the nearby reefs, a skiff ride to hike a mountain on another island, or a kayak adventure to a deserted island populated by little goats to learn how to open a coconut.

All of the guides are extremely knowledgeable, enthusiastic and approachable. Thanks to Elvis for hooking us up with equipment, and thanks to Sai and Joseph for the awesome adventures!

The Paradise Cove staff also excel at the restaurant and at the bar. Sipping on a Mai Tai just metres from the vivid turquoise waters of the Yasawas is an experience I won't soon forget. Big thanks to Sunia and Knox for the great service.

The chefs and waiting staff were also great. Quick, attentive service, even on Fiji Time. Everything was delicious, and there was a fantastic variety of options, for a great price.

The entertainment was top notch too. From the traditional welcome as you step out of the seaplane, to the nightly performances of the string band on the kava mat, all of the staff go out of their way to ensure you have a real Fijian experience. A shell or two of kava after dinner as the band plays traditional Fijian songs on ukulele and guitar is a great way to top off a tough day of lounging on the beach, interrupted intermittently by bouts of snorkeling, kayaking or adventuring.

The only bad thing about Paradise Cove was having to leave, it's an amazingly picturesque slice of Fiji that manages to both stimulate and relax the soul. Amazing holiday, we'll definitely be coming back soon!

Room Tip: The garden bungalows are spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dan W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rotorua, New Zealand
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I decided to do something special for my 30th birthday so we decided to go and explore Fiji.It was our fist time in Fiji and we stayed1 night in Denerau Island, 3 nights in the islands and a night in Nadi. All in all I have to say that the best days were when we were staying at Paradise Cove Island Resort.
We left Vuda Point Marina via the Aftershock and it was a scenic 1 hour and 30 minute boat ride. When we arrive in the resort we were immediately welcomed by the staff with a Bula song and welcome drink .After orientation about the activities and the time the meals were served we were then brought into our room. We stayed in a deluxe garden villa and the room was amazing!! The mini fridge was full of complimentary drinks which they refill every day . The shower was awesome.
It doesn't matter if your in a beachfront or Garden view all the room are the same (except of course of the location). It was good that our room had air-conditioning for its warm and humid in the afternoon, so we can just close all the windows and cool the room if it gets too warm.
There are all sort of complimentary activities everyday , there is hiking , snorkelling,kayaking, fishing, diving , weaving and (my favourite) visiting the local village.
The drinks in the bar are affordable and they make good cocktails and smoothies.Everynight before dinner my partner and I always like to sit with the staff and listen while they play the guitar and drink cava (the fijian local drink).
The Food was good.They have a wide range of cooked breakfast and continental breakfast buffet . Lunch menu differ everyday with a variety of special. A 3 course dinner is served after a day full of activities .
On my birthday, I was surprised by my partner and staff with a romantic candle light dinner by the beach with wine. Their lobster was delicious ( not included with the all inclusive meal) and for dessert I got a wedding proposal with a birthday cake while the staff sing my happy birthday song.
So I guess it is safe to say that I have the time of my life in Paradise cove fiji.

The staff is always ready to help with a smile . AMAZING!.
Thank you Paradise Cove for making my 30th Birthday and Engagement memorable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lou J
Barwon Heads, Australia
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This was my 6th trip to Fiji but my first to paradise cove. I have had an amazing time at the sister resorts, blue lagoon (3 times) and octopus (1 time) previously, so I was keen to experience their newest resort. It was truly beautiful in many respects. I travelled with my fiancé and 23 month old and my mother and her partner and we stayed in the 2 bedroom garden villa which was spectacular. Huge bedrooms, incredible outdoor bathroom with 2 showers, free minibar stocked daily and thankfully for this time of year air conditioning. We didn't,t use the tv or movie channels. The snorkelling at blue lagoon is far superior straight from the beach compared to paradise cove but you can still see plenty of fish. This wasn't really a problem as they had several free snorkelling trips to many fantastic spots. I will never forget one particular trip (thanks leps). Incredible!! We experienced some beautiful kayak trips, some guided some by ourselves and we mastered stand up paddle boarding. All fantastic equipment and free!! It was my fiancées birthday while we were there and he was presented with a lovely cake accompanied by some of the most beautiful Fijian voices singing happy birthday followed by a dance. The food is all lovely, many choices and my 23 month old was doted on and fed incredibly well. The beach!!! Wow! All I really want from a holiday in Fiji is a stunning beach that you can swim in at all tides, good food, relaxed vibe, lots of activities and snorkelling trips and to immerse myself in the Fijian culture. Fijians really are special people.you will experience all that at paradise cove. I can,t really put into words why I love Fiji but paradise cove and blue lagoon resort have left a profound impression on me. I am totally addicted!!!! I,m just dreaming about the next time I can return!!!

Room Tip: Personally I wouldn't spend the extra for beach front as it is a fair way off the beach.We were...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Jackie E
Sydney
Reviewed February 5, 2014

If you're looking for a smaller resort in a beautiful location then this place is worth a visit. We took advantage of the discounted return transfers by seaplane. However we arrived by helicopter as the seaplane was being serviced. What a way to go! We stayed for 9 days in a deluxe garden bure which was comfortable and clean. They are duplex but there was no issues with noise etc. As others have mentioned, there is free wi- fi, an outdoor shower, air con and a smart TV loaded with hundreds of movies and TV shows. The grounds are lovely and a work in progress. The 2 bedroom villas are fantastic- would love to stay in those one day.

The food was fresh and interesting and the portions were just right. Breakfast was good, consisting of fruit (mangoes were yummy), cereal, yoghurt, eggs, toast, pastries, juices and coffee.

The lunch menu was great and I made sure that i tried everything on the menu! It was all delicious especially the beautifully cooked fish. The 3 course dinners were very good too, no complaints here. The staff and service was exceptional- nothing was too much trouble. A big thank you to everyone at the resort especially Timoci, Mosese, Sai, Suniya, Bill (at the bar) and Posh.

Drinks were much cheaper here than on the mainland- a glass of wine was around FJD$11, cocktails $19, 2 nips of baileys $32 and coffee at the bar was $4. Plenty of filtered water at the bar as drinking tap water was not recommended. As the weather was very hot and humid we were constantly filling water bottles. However housekeeping provided 2 small bottles in the room daily.

The ocean was gorgeous and snorkelling off the beach was good in terms of marine life although some coral was damaged. You can swim all day so low tide wasnt a problem. We didnt use the pool but it was a decent size and well maintained. Also plenty of umbrellas and shade. Being a new resort the beach lounges were comfortable and the snorkelling gear was in good condition too.

We didnt go on the nature hike as it was way too hot, hopefully next time. The evenings are low key, the Fijian music is always a pleasure to listen to with bowls of kava thrown in. Sunday nights they screen movies outdoors (weather permitting) and once a week the staff perform in the meke which was entertaining. Depending on the number of children there they will also hold a crab race.

We also met some nice guests there, I enjoyed our conversations over dinner and in the ocean!. If you want to unwind and chill out in a beautiful location then you should visit Paradise Cove.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Blaze
toronto, ontario
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Having traveled all over SE Asia, we decided to try something new for the holidays this Christmas ..... a trip to Fiji. After an intensive search of the internet choices, and wanting to spend a good part of our time on one of the beautiful, small off-shore islands, we booked Paradise Cove. It was superb, far exceeded my expectations ...... the 2 bedroom villa was fabulous, beach location and crystal clear waters wonderful, staff and service first class, and best of all, the food was fantastic. Being locked in to a mandatory meal plan on a small island with no other choices had concerned me, but not once we got there ... couldn't have been better. Our meals were a highlight of each day. I can't recommend this place highly enough, and given the chance, we'll definitely return! And if you do go, make sure you take in the nature hike to the mountain top on one of the adjoining islands ... it's very rigorous, take lots of water, but the experience, the views and if you're lucky enough, the plunge into the waterfall fed pool in the jungle at the end are memorable.

Room Tip: We were tempted to go for the beachfront villa, but saved the fare difference for the seaplane ride...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank wiretonwillie
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was our first time at Paradise Cove resort having previously stayed at their sister resort Blue Lagoon Beach resort on previous occasions. Paradise is definitely 5 star but at a very reasonable price. We stayed in a 2 bedroom beach front villa which was perfect for myself, husband and 3 kids. The location, beach, pool, accommodation, food, activities, facilities, free wifi, kids club etc were definitely a hit with everyone in my family. The staff were extremely kind and attentive at all times. Can't fault this place. We can't wait to visit again! 5 nights was not long enough.

Room Tip: Take the seaplane or resort private boat transfers from Nadi rather than the Yasawa flyer. Beachfron...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I visited here and the sister 3 star resort octopus island.
It's 5 star and you can tell on arrival. The food is exquisite. Rooms are nice and clean and pretty but the layout not that interesting. It's a new place. Go now while it is still kinda cheaper.

I loved that most of the extra activities were free, unlike the 3 star place.

Room Tip: Beach front villas are amazing if you are rich. Otherwise the rest are all the same.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Octopus Resort
Octopus Resort
#1 of 3 in Waya Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,235 reviews

Been to Paradise Cove Resort? Share your experiences!