“Very Nice Hotel - Clerk terrible, sleeping on the job and very rude!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall

Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Fargo, North Dakota
“Very Nice Hotel - Clerk terrible, sleeping on the job and very rude!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

Two clerks were working the night I stayed at your hotel on Sunday, January 16. It was obvious that one of your clerks were being trained. The clerk training her (I believe her name was Jasmine) was very rude and made it clear she did not want to be there. I asked for matches and the other clerk had to attempt to wake her up several times to ask her where the matches were...she told her and put her head right back down on the table watching TV and fell asleep. I was unable to sleep and watched as the new girl tried to ask questions and again, it was as if she was irritating her. I felt bad for the other clerk that was trying to learn. However, the other clerk was very nice and tried to make my stay comfortable with conversation, directions and a SMILE! I will only be visiting your hotel again because of the clean accomodations and the clerk training in hopefully taking the other girls position as obviously she is not interested nor cares about her job.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank general16

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Miles City, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

Location is great , 3resturants with in a block the area mall is 3 block away. city bus service just 2 blocks away and freeway access nearby. staff is friendly and kind. housekeeping is top rate.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

We were in town to do some shopping, and decided to say a few nights.

We checked in, on a weekend and got a rate of $69 per night, that is pretty good!

The women who checked us in was cold, and not very welcoming, however the lobby was full of loud children, I don't blame her.

The room had brand new carpeting, brand new bedding (sheets, blankets, everything), the room was spotlessly clean.

The hall ways are older, and kind of strange. I did not notice any bad smells coming from the halls.

We took a quick glance at the pool, it was nice, a bit small, but it was nice.

When we returned home from shopping the 2nd night, we had left the do not disturb sign on the door hoping no one would enter our room while we were out. To our surprise, housekeeping left a very kind note saying that they did not enter our room because of the do not disturb sign, and that there are towels and garbage bags available at the front desk anytime. That was a nice surprise!

Most of the reviews on here are overreacting, its a Super 8. What are you expecting, a Hilton?

The rooms were clean, quite, and warm.

The front desk staff however was not so friendly.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Dickinson, North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

On the way to Fargo, I called Super 8 and was told that this Super 8 charged $4 per small dog; however, when I arrived, the clerk told me that the charge was $10 per dog. No matter what I said, the clerk would not lower the price. I called the reservation site, and they said that the hotel should honor the $4, but Super 8 at West Acres did not. When there is a policy that there is a no cancelation policy, I consider the actions of this motel a bait and switch. In addition, the breakfast is about the worst I have ever had at any motel that serves a continental breakfast. We were also in a room in which the footsteps of the customer above us reverberated throughout our room in the morning. This is the second time I stayed at this motel and the second time that I have had a less-than-desirable experience. The first time, the Super 8 reservation person gave the wrong directions to this hotel. While I was there, I overheard another customer complain that there was no wake-up call as he requested.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank morethandisgusted

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Grand Forks, North Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2010

We reserved a room months in advance for a concert. We checked in a couple hours early so we left all our stuff in the room and we out to dinner. When we returned from dinner our keys didn't work so I went to the front desk and they re-scanned them. I went back to the room and thekeys worked but as we entered the room we realized someone else was in our room and was using the shower. Completely paniced we went back up to the front desk and told them what was happening. The manager came out carrying our belongings and told us there was a maintenance issue in our room and that why she switched our rooms. She assured us that there were 2 managers in the room when they moved our stuff. That was a HUGH LIE, the people that were in our room told us our stuff was in there when they checked in and that they were actually the ones that brought it up to the front desk. The room they threw us into didn't have toilet paper and the lock was busted off the door. We wondered if the room had actually been cleaned before we were thrown into it. If you are thinking about staying in this hotel, DON'T, there are better options TRUST ME.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
manitoba
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2009

We got a room downstairs we didn't expect it there. It smelled like mold but they denied it, my wife has alergies to it and she felt it. The beds were uncomfortable, the cleanliness was questionable, in short, we don't have anything nice to say about this hotel, we wouldn't recommend it to anyone, stay away from it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

Stay away from this hotel if you like to keep your property! My wife bought an iPod for herself and stored it in our suitcase, it was well hidden. When we arrived home we noticed that it was gone from where it was put in the suitcase. Someone on the staff at the hotel went through our suitcase and took it, bunch of thieves! We contacted the hotel and told them it was missing and they said they would check the lost and found and phone us back, still waiting for their return phone call! I would like to know how they can check the lost and found and think it will show up when one of their staff took it! I will never stay at this or any other super 8 in my life and I recomend you do the same if you don't want your stuff taken!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple