“Bait and Switch”

Ranked #40 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Dickinson, North Dakota
“Bait and Switch”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

On the way to Fargo, I called Super 8 and was told that this Super 8 charged $4 per small dog; however, when I arrived, the clerk told me that the charge was $10 per dog. No matter what I said, the clerk would not lower the price. I called the reservation site, and they said that the hotel should honor the $4, but Super 8 at West Acres did not. When there is a policy that there is a no cancelation policy, I consider the actions of this motel a bait and switch. In addition, the breakfast is about the worst I have ever had at any motel that serves a continental breakfast. We were also in a room in which the footsteps of the customer above us reverberated throughout our room in the morning. This is the second time I stayed at this motel and the second time that I have had a less-than-desirable experience. The first time, the Super 8 reservation person gave the wrong directions to this hotel. While I was there, I overheard another customer complain that there was no wake-up call as he requested.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank morethandisgusted

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Grand Forks, North Dakota
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We reserved a room months in advance for a concert. We checked in a couple hours early so we left all our stuff in the room and we out to dinner. When we returned from dinner our keys didn't work so I went to the front desk and they re-scanned them. I went back to the room and thekeys worked but as we entered the room we realized someone else was in our room and was using the shower. Completely paniced we went back up to the front desk and told them what was happening. The manager came out carrying our belongings and told us there was a maintenance issue in our room and that why she switched our rooms. She assured us that there were 2 managers in the room when they moved our stuff. That was a HUGH LIE, the people that were in our room told us our stuff was in there when they checked in and that they were actually the ones that brought it up to the front desk. The room they threw us into didn't have toilet paper and the lock was busted off the door. We wondered if the room had actually been cleaned before we were thrown into it. If you are thinking about staying in this hotel, DON'T, there are better options TRUST ME.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels

manitoba
Reviewed December 7, 2009

We got a room downstairs we didn't expect it there. It smelled like mold but they denied it, my wife has alergies to it and she felt it. The beds were uncomfortable, the cleanliness was questionable, in short, we don't have anything nice to say about this hotel, we wouldn't recommend it to anyone, stay away from it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Stay away from this hotel if you like to keep your property! My wife bought an iPod for herself and stored it in our suitcase, it was well hidden. When we arrived home we noticed that it was gone from where it was put in the suitcase. Someone on the staff at the hotel went through our suitcase and took it, bunch of thieves! We contacted the hotel and told them it was missing and they said they would check the lost and found and phone us back, still waiting for their return phone call! I would like to know how they can check the lost and found and think it will show up when one of their staff took it! I will never stay at this or any other super 8 in my life and I recomend you do the same if you don't want your stuff taken!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Regina, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Good budget hotel in an OK location.
At check in the clerk was very helpful and friendly. The room was clean but not overly large. Beds were comforatable but were only doubles and not queens. Nice pool area with hot tub. Good continental breakfast with waffles (always a welcome touch).
i'd stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Saw the title "never again" on a previous review and I am just seconding that review. Probably one of the worst hotels I have stayed at!!! Only booked it because it was a deal on Hotwire. Room smelled unclean, bedding was questionable, carpets were sticky would not recommend. I had paid for two nights and only stayed for one and checked into another hotel as I could not stand another night in this room. The staff seemed fine, friendly obviously a management issue.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Kenora
Reviewed May 1, 2009

From the uncomfortable beds, to the stale smoke smell throughout even the non smoking rooms, this hotel is not a gem. I couldn't imagine the downstairs rooms because the ones upstairs were nothing to brag about. Grimy and old, in need of major upgrades. The rooms and hallways had a smell of 'moldyness' to them and left me and my family with allergies acting up. I guess I was lucky enough to stay in a room that someones pet had gone to the bathroom in too.... cant hide a smell of urine no matter how hard you try....
Pool was small and floor looked dirty.... wouldn't walk with my bare feet in there...
All in all nothing I would stay in again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family