“never again #2 review”

Ranked #40 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“never again #2 review”
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Saw the title "never again" on a previous review and I am just seconding that review. Probably one of the worst hotels I have stayed at!!! Only booked it because it was a deal on Hotwire. Room smelled unclean, bedding was questionable, carpets were sticky would not recommend. I had paid for two nights and only stayed for one and checked into another hotel as I could not stand another night in this room. The staff seemed fine, friendly obviously a management issue.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kenora
Reviewed May 1, 2009

From the uncomfortable beds, to the stale smoke smell throughout even the non smoking rooms, this hotel is not a gem. I couldn't imagine the downstairs rooms because the ones upstairs were nothing to brag about. Grimy and old, in need of major upgrades. The rooms and hallways had a smell of 'moldyness' to them and left me and my family with allergies acting up. I guess I was lucky enough to stay in a room that someones pet had gone to the bathroom in too.... cant hide a smell of urine no matter how hard you try....
Pool was small and floor looked dirty.... wouldn't walk with my bare feet in there...
All in all nothing I would stay in again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Portland
Reviewed August 11, 2007

For the price, this isn't a bad place to stay. We had a room upstairs, and it faced away from the freeway, so it was fairly quiet. The suites in the back are better than the rooms in front. I can see where getting a room downstairs might be a little noisier.

You have to remember you aren't paying for the Ritz here. Its basically a trucker's stop on the freeway interchange, and as such, it was really an above average stay for such a property.

I didn't use the pool, but it's the size of a large bathtub, and is indoors.

Our bed was newer and a bit better than usual, the maid service was very good, and the lobby staff was very helpful. Our room was mold-free.

Other reviews have said this is within walking distance of West Acres Mall. Well, it might be possible, but we measured it to being a little over a mile and you would have to negotiate a couple of signals and freeway on-ramps that aren't designed for pedestrians. It would be much safer to drive.

• Liked — Good Value
  • Disliked — Maid's vacuuming hallway at 8 am
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Applegeek
Winnipeg
Reviewed July 26, 2007

When we arrived they gave us a room located in the basement. There was mould in the bathroom which made our kids sick!! The room smelled like someone had pissed on the carpet and left it to dry! The pool is smaller than what the picture shows on their website. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Smelly room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank daniels2
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 3, 2004

I stayed in the back building which is much newer and contains two rooms suites, very nice.

The front building is old, rooms are the typical one room two double beds.

Basically two very different experiences.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cold Canada!!
Reviewed July 19, 2004

I would not recommend this to anyone!!!! They gave us a room located in a basement!! We quickly changed to the holiday inn close by becuase they had vacancy's. I would recommend the Holiday Inn to anyone. Never stay at Super 8!!!

1 Thank Melrose_21
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 30, 2003

This Super 8 location has always been a favorite of ours. Not only are the rooms clean, comfortable, and affordable - the location can't be beat: literally within walking distance to the West Acres Mall, restaurants catering to any taste, as well as pubs with casino and live music.

A nice getaway for singles, couples, and families!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member