“average super 8”

Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Elgin, Illinois, United States
“average super 8”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

this hotel is average for a super 8, clean rooms, need an update but still in good condition, i was turned off from the portable dehumidifiers in the hallways. the carpet in the hallway where our room was were very dirty big black stains. room was clean, i had to get a smoking room it was the last hotel available in the whole town, i guess there is something going on in fargo this week because i looked for a room for the next night and non were available. room was expensive, $93. did not use pool, wifi. bfast was average but they did have a waffle maker.. there is truck/rv parking in the back got in very late and got last spot, but staff said you could park on street if no room..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Crys U, Manager at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
We are very pleased that you took the time to write a review concerning your stay with us. A clean and comfortable room along with excellent customer service is what we strive for and offer to all of our hotel guests. A review such as yours assist us in making sure that our guest's accommodations are not only met, but also exceed your expectations. We look forward to your next stay at our hotel when you visit the Fargo area in the future. With our new "Super Start" breakfast and our several room style options, we would enjoy accommodating you and/or your family again. Thank you very much for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed September 4, 2012

As others have reviewed, you can't expect a 5 star for this property. Staff was acceptable. Room was clean. Normal Super 8 breakfast. This property has a pool. Internet was extremely slow. We had a frig and microwave.

Room Tip: Rooms are either 5 stairs up or down. I prefer the rooms up.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Crys U, Manager at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
July of this year, we started our new "Super Start" Breakfast, with Wyndham's delicious food requirements, our guest's are really enjoying the change! Just a few of the great additiona are the Light & Fit Yoplait Yogurt and the "Super" Cinnamon Roll. According to your review, you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast. A review such as yours is so helpful, coming from the "view of a guest", This assists in providing a clean, comfortable room, excellent customer service, at such a GREAT RATE! Thank you so very much for commenting on your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Didn't have anything negative about the hotel or the room. Decently priced for what you get. Beds were comfortable. The only problem we had was the guy at the front desk at check-in. He was rather rude to us as we checked in. Wasn't friendly at all for being in the hospitality business. We opted to just leave our key in the room for check-out rather than having the possibility of dealing with him.

• Stayed August 2012
Crys U, Manager at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
I really appreciate that you took the time to write a review on your stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your room, but extremely concerned in regard to the staff member that was not so pleasant. I totally agree that in the hospitality business, inadequate customer service is just not acceptable. After reviewing your comments, I have addressed all hotel staff on the importance of excellent customer service. I truly apologize that this staff member did not portray our friendly, helpful and above and beyond type of service we offer. I would like to recommend, when you find the time, to contact me @ the hotel so I can speak with you concerning your stay. Again, thank you so much for submitting your review.
Manitoba
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stopped here on a recent trip to Wisconsin Dell. The reviews on the hotel were favorable and the proximity to I-29 & West Acres Mall made it a an attractive choice. The rooms were clean and the pool and hot tub were great. The staff is helpful and curteous. For the price it was a great choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GrumpyManitoba
Crys U, Manager at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
An enjoyable and comfortable stay is what our hotel, the Fargo Super 8 Suites, strive for. We really appreciate that you took the time to write a review. We offer clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. This assists in making your vacation / trip one, that not only is memorable, but at a cost that allows you to enjoy yourselves. Again, thank you and I hope you will visit us again when you are in the Fargo area.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here once before taking a flight out of Fargo. I gave it a 4 because when you pay $50 for a hotel, your expectations can't be that high. It was good for what we needed it for...a clean room and a bed. We spent about 10 hours total in the room and it served its purpose. Wifi in the room worked, which was helpful in finding a restaurant close by. Its literally 5 mins away from the mall for those who want to shop. For the money, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joelimus
Crys U, Owner at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience while being our guest at the Fargo Super 8 & Suites. Our convenient location to many restaurants, a large shopping mall, fitness centers, golf courses and many other attractions, make our hotel an affordable and fun "get away" for all our guests. We provide excellent customer service, clean and comfortable rooms and thrive on making every stay an enjoyable one. Again thank you and hope to see you soon.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Rolled into town with my family after a long drive from Council Bluffs Iowa, was on my way home to Winnipeg Canada. Was too tired to continue the 4 hour drive to Winnipeg, so stopped here for a night. Originally the front desk advised they were out of rooms, booked solid, but it was 3:55pm and told me if I waited 5 minutes perhaps one of the rooms booked for the night would be a no-show and I could then get a room. The front desk was being run by two people, a lady who was training a new younger man. Both were really friendly and professional. The only room that became available was a smoking room in the basement so they asked if we smoked. I said we did not, and they felt bad about it being the only one so they had staff go into the room to freshen it up to make it better fos us. I told them I was just happy to get a room. The room was standard/average, as was the condition of the property, what elevates this place is the really nice staff. The morning staff when we left were also exceptionally nice. Place has an indoor pool and a games room which my kids liked.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jason12_1969
Crys U, Manager at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
I was so pleased that you took the time to write a review after staying with us at the Fargo Super 8 & Suites. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and it's very nice to see guest's such as you, recognize and compliment the staff by writing this review. We look forward to accommodating you and your family again soon. Thank you.
wegelagerer
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Imagine being greeted after a 6 hour drive by the manager with the words " ..good thing you are early since we overbooked again", so we got a room that was more like a dungeon in the basement.
The rooms are awfull, dirty and the air conditioning/heating units are old and as loud as a tractor.
You will not sleep , the worn out beds will not help either.
The furniture in the rooms look like it came from somebodys dumbster.
Skip the continental breakfast its as bad as everything else here and don't expect too much fromthe pool that is the size of a hot tub.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, sorry.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Crys U, Manager at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
According to your review in regard to your stay you mention several items that you found unsatisfactory.There may be some sort of misunderstanding as far as your statement about the manager informing you that the hotel was overbooked. I, as the manager was not attending the hotel desk. Our hotel software system monitors all reservations and therefore overbooking would be a rare occurance. Wyndham Hotel Group has required hotel standards and we pride ourselves on our performance according to our Wyndham Quality Assurance inspections. I do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels