All reviews beds were comfortable a great stay pool and hot tub convenient location the breakfast area suite mall
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Rolled into town with my family after a long drive from Council Bluffs Iowa, was on my way home to Winnipeg Canada. Was too tired to continue the 4 hour drive to Winnipeg, so stopped here for a night. Originally the front desk advised they were out of rooms, booked solid, but it was 3:55pm and told me if I waited 5 minutes perhaps one of the rooms booked for the night would be a no-show and I could then get a room. The front desk was being run by two people, a lady who was training a new younger man. Both were really friendly and professional. The only room that became available was a smoking room in the basement so they asked if we smoked. I said we did not, and they felt bad about it being the only one so they had staff go into the room to freshen it up to make it better fos us. I told them I was just happy to get a room. The room was standard/average, as was the condition of the property, what elevates this place is the really nice staff. The morning staff when we left were also exceptionally nice. Place has an indoor pool and a games room which my kids liked.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jason12_1969
Crys U, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

I was so pleased that you took the time to write a review after staying with us at the Fargo Super 8 & Suites. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and it's very nice to see guest's such as you, recognize and compliment the staff by writing this review. We look forward to accommodating you and your family again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Imagine being greeted after a 6 hour drive by the manager with the words " ..good thing you are early since we overbooked again", so we got a room that was more like a dungeon in the basement.
The rooms are awfull, dirty and the air conditioning/heating units are old and as loud as a tractor.
You will not sleep , the worn out beds will not help either.
The furniture in the rooms look like it came from somebodys dumbster.
Skip the continental breakfast its as bad as everything else here and don't expect too much fromthe pool that is the size of a hot tub.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, sorry.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Crys U, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

According to your review in regard to your stay you mention several items that you found unsatisfactory.There may be some sort of misunderstanding as far as your statement about the manager informing you that the hotel was overbooked. I, as the manager was not attending the hotel desk. Our hotel software system monitors all reservations and therefore overbooking would be a rare occurance. Wyndham Hotel Group has required hotel standards and we pride ourselves on our performance according to our Wyndham Quality Assurance inspections. I do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

So my family was traveling and decided to make a stop in Fargo, ND. The hotel and rooms were reserved by another member in our party. It's at a very accessible location just off the interstate. The exterior showed it's age but nothing that stood out. The staff was very polite and very helpful. We had 2 rooms across the hall from each other, one a smoking, one non-smoking. As I walked down the hallway It was almost as if I was chewing the smoke. Rooms in the 100's are below ground level and were very damp (think carpet squishing damp). Seemed to not be a new issue as the paint was bubbling on the walls and had apparently been repainted.

It was a night sleep and nothing else. I felt dirty sleeping there and just wanted to leave.

There was a free breakfast in the morning with waffles, doughnuts, toast, etc which was okay.

I would not stay here again nor would I let my family or friends stay here.

Room Tip: Bottom floors are in basement, very damp.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

I am disappointed that your stay with us was less than satisfying. Our hotel has a split level floor plan to provide guest's a minimal amount of steps to carry their luggage, etc... I was pleased to see on your review the comments about our friendly staff. We strive to provide great customer service, clean and comfortable rooms to all of our guest's. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. So we may present a more positive impression of our hotel, I look forward to accommodating your hotel needs on your next visit to Fargo. Thank you for taking the time to complete your review.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Our room was very clean and they people were polite and friendly. Had a clean pool, laundry room and a quick start breakfast. Easy on/off access to highway. Only down side was a bed that rolled to the middle. Made for good snuggling though, lol.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Your review regarding to your stay with us @ the Fargo Super 8 & Suites was greatly appreciated. With everyone's busy schedule, it's so nice to receive reviews where you not only enjoyed your stay, but complimented our staff on their polite and friendly customer service. We pride ourselves in providing clean, comfortable rooms, along with making our guest's feel like they are @ home, but yet away from home. Thank you and we hope to see you soon, so we may provide yet another wonderful experience while traveling. (I will also look into the bed you mentioned, so we may replace this for all our guest's comfort.) :)

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We are doing a driving vacation this year.St.. Louis Mo to Fargo ND. to Ely MN. to Bayfield Wi. to St Louis ,Mo. At this point all is going very well.We called our reservations in on June 29th and all but one night we got a Super 8.and there was one for that night but it was booked ?We have found that we have over the years that Super 8 has met our needs.Last year we went and stayed a week in Super 8 in Custer SD.had a great stay.Thanks super 8.

Room Tip: second floor, Enter door B .the quiet end .also close to the in door pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

I really appreciate that you took the time to write a review in regard to your stay with us @ the Fargo Super 8 & Suites. According to your review it sounds like you are having a wonderful time traveling to different areas. I am pleased that our hotel was on one of your stops. We really appreciate yoiur business and look forward to accommodating your hotel needs again soon. Thank you and have a enjoyable, safe trip!