“Yecch! Unclean rooms”

Ranked #40 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Dickinson, North Dakota
“Yecch! Unclean rooms”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We chose this hotel before discovering TripAdvisor, and really regretted not doing our research beforehand. The hotel is in a good location, but it really just gave us a feeling of sleaze. There is a difference between trying to be a budget place and being cheap but the manager here just doesn't get it.

Our sheets were super-thin, our pillows were the quality you would get on an airplane, and the beds were rock-hard. The breakfast offerings were basic, but just gave the impression they cut corners at every opportunity. The room was not cleaned well, and the towels had some large stains on them that appeared to be blood. Lots of hairs in the shower and around the toilet - lots! We even found part of a condom wrapper in the dresser drawer. We are not picky, but this hotel really had us saying "Yecch!"

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank MZelke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed in this hotel a couple of months ago, I made a mistake and booked the wrong weekend, we were early, but the girl at the front desk was great and we worked it out, changed the date and stayed. We thought all was good, WRONG!! The following Friday, someone at the hotel tried to charge our credit card with charges, not just one or two attempts, but 9 different times and 8 differnt amounts within 18 minutes! Since we use one of the loadable credit cards, nothing could be put on it, (get one, they are the smartest and safest things to use), but they tried. I called the hotel and was informed that the manager was not available, but I could leave a message, so I did. After 2 hours without a call back, I called again, I was then informed that the manager wasn't in, I asked why wasn't I told that before, the girl hung up on me.
I found the head office number in NJ and called there, at first the person was good, till I caught her in a couple of lies, she then got pissed at me, gave me an incident number and she hung up on me. Great customer service. She was more concerned about me wasting her time then trying to figure out who at the hotel was trying to steal money and commit credit card fraud. Still haven't heard from them
DON'T GO TO THIS HOTEL!! If you do, check your statements, if they tried to do this to us, then there is no way it was the first or last time.

Room Tip: Tip?? Don't stay here, thats the tip
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Darrius11

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Too soft uncomfortable matress and a huge dry snot (or worse) on the wall of our room pale in comparison with the most unwelcome, rude, annoyed, cold and unsmiley front desk clerk Jasmine. She could not find our reservation and did not attempt to resolve the issue - just was not interested. The other clerk was great, but Jasmine's attitude outweighed her positive efforts.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
UnderCry4, Manager at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this review, May 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review in regard to your stay at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Tea, South Dakota
Reviewed May 2, 2011

showers were cold two mornings in a row, walls are paper thin and could hear housekeeping at 7am, could hear the walffle maker going off at 7am. gave us a whole $5 off a night because of the cold showers and noise. Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank airvine
Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I have been staying at the Super 8 of Fargo for about 14 months. The reason I continue to stay there is because of there freindly proffesonal staff. They are willing to go the extra mile to make your stay an enjoyable one. I have been there when they have unruley quests that are dissturbing other quests. They always handle these problems with great dignity and proffesionalism. The rooms are always clean and fresh.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
UnderCry4, Manager at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us at the Fargo Super 8 & Suites. Your business is very important to us. We value and utilize your comments by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be! Our staff enjoys accommodating your lodging needs and at the same time welcomes you to our "at home" type comfort. We look forward to many more years of service with you and hope to see you again soon.
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I was at this establishment when the hockey group was there. I complained about how the kids were running at all hours and loud and in my view there was NO supervision. Parents were too busy to be bothered. I heard security come over and ask then to quiet down and it was to no avail. Police were called 3-4 times and as soon as they left the party was on again. Whoever was in the room above mine sounded like they were bowling all night. They were asked to quiet down and as soon as security left it started again. There was NO consideration for any of the other guests in the hotel.

I stay at this hotel 3-4 times a month over the past 6 years and have always found the service to be exceptional. Rooms have always been clean and if there was a problem it was taken care of.

My evening was a disaster due to the hockey players and familys total lack of respect for others. This was not the fault of the motel as they have stated but their fault for causing the problems.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for writing this review in regard to your stay with us during the Squirt Hockey event. It is very unfortunate that you had to experience the noise and inappropriate behavior that this hockey group brought into our hotel that weekend. I really appreciate your patience and that you understood that our hotel staff and security guards tried their very best to control this group. Unfortunately, they were unable to at some point and the Fargo Police Dept. were called for assistance. Again, thank you so very much for your time and your comments/review report. The staff @ Super 8 & Suites look forward to seeing you again soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Some friends and I chose a weekend to meet up to catch up and relax. The rooms were great, the staff was friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, there was an obnoxious, rude hockey group there that let their kids play hockey all over, hitting pucks off our door on several occasions, and because we also saw them playing in the parking lot, made us feel we needed to park a distance away. The only thing worse than this was the drunken parents who seemed to think they should have run of the place and run everyone else out. The front desk apologized repeatedly when we complained and did their very best to reason with the idiots, and again at checkout, promising this was not a typical stay and inviting us back. Considering we saw police swarming the place, I'm guessing the employees were doing their best to deal with an uncontrollable group. We WILL come back as long as this hockey group never does. What a bunch of animals! A friend who stays there regularly recommended the place, and says normally it's great - rooms, staff, price.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends