“Affordable, accommodating, quiet”

Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Affordable, accommodating, quiet”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I needed a place to stay on my way from Hurdsfield ND to Sioux Falls SD, and I was traveling with my cat so I needed a cat friendly place. I found Fargo Inn & Suites and they had a low pet fee ($5 + tax/day) and were reasonably located near the interstate. I got a room at the end of the hall that was close to the entry door, I was concerned that there was going to be lots of noise but I was pleasantly surprised at the quietness. The bed was comfortable and the climate control wasn’t the typical warm/cold window unit control, it was a dial on the wall (unfortunately it didn’t have numbers on it, so it was still the warm/cold control).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AsianByMarriage
General M, General Manager at Fargo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Fargo Inn & Suites. Thank you for the comments about your stay here and we hope we can continue to be your hotel for your future stays here in Fargo.

Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Alexandria, Minnesota
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Horrible room!!!!! I wanted something cheap and nice, but this was cheap and crappy! Don't be decieved by the pictures online. They must take the best and pretend it's all around. I walked in the front and it had a kind of funky smell. The lobby was tiny and wasn't even that nice. Drove to the door we were going to be at and we walked in and it smelled like old dirty carpet. Got in the room, and it was tiny, smelled like cats, and out dated. The TV was probably from the 90's and the microwave and fridge had to be from the 70's. Sat on the bed, hoping it would be nice, but it was like laying a concrete floor.

I'm not picky by any means, but I walked out and told them to cancel the room because it's not what it was made out to be. If you want a good place, LOOK ELSEWHERE!

Room Tip: Don't go here!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you feedback about our hotel, I do apologize that we were not the accommodations you were looking for when staying in Fargo. I do want to let you know we are in the process of updating our rooms, and this past summer we remodeled the outside of our facility. Again sorry we were unable to accommodate you here at the Fargo Inn & Suites.

Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were comfortable in our ground floor room. We would have appreciated room darkening draperies that would actually block out the night street lights, but our room was clean, (smelled clean too) and was roomy and comfortable in a convenient location to our seminar.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Fargo Inn and Suites. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back again.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stay here every time I'm overnighting in Fargo which is about four times a year. Top value and good room. Breakfast OK; room OK; service fine; location fine if you are driving [not close to downtown or hospitals. Paid less than posted price every time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Fargo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would want to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor about your stays here at Fargo Inn & Suites. We are glad that you continue to choose to stay with us when you come to Fargo. Hope you will continue staying here in the future.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I visit Fargo, ND, once or twice a year and I always stay at the Fargo Inn and Suites (formerly The Select Inn). As always, it was a very pleasant stay. The staff/management are always friendly and accomadating, and it is a very convenient location, being close to West Acres as well as all the stores/restaraunts that I like. It is a very reasonably priced hotel, with or without coupons.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Patrick C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for continuing to stay with us at the Fargo Inn & Suites. We are glad that you have continued to come back over the years and enjoy each stay you have here.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I had a trip flying out of Fargo so we booked this hotel because the rates were great and we read some good reviews. However, we were very disappointed.
Our first night's stay was definitely in need of some TLC. Although we were in a non-smoking room the air still smelled of old smoke. The drain in the shower was very old and it was corroded, also the coffee maker had not been used in a while and I had to wash it in order to use it.
Our room on the return trip was better although apparently we were given the wrong room!! We found this out in the middle of the night when we were rudely awakened by an employee around 1:30 am who actually opened our door and entered our room! Even though the proper protocol was written on the door (employees will call the room) they did not follow it. After that we weren't comfortable going back to sleep.
Although we received an apology from management in the morning we had to insist on being compensated for the intrusion. They did comply but we'll be looking for somewhere else to stay next time.
Tina

Room Tip: Check your room first before you sign and pay!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Fargo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Fargo Inn & Suites. I do want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during you stay here. This is not the standards of the Fargo Inn & Suites, we take our guests security very serious and want to make sure they are comfortable with their stay here. If you would please contact me at our hotel I would like to discuss your concerns in further detail.
Again I apologize for any inconveniences and hope to hear from you soon.

Jay
Akeley, Minnesota
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed 1 night in the Dakota Suite. Very nice space. The staff was VERY friendly & helpful. The breakfast had many good choices. We plan on going back & taking more of our family with.
I would say it has a good value for a family. Very close to West Acres Mall & many other spots for shopping. Has a restruant connected (didn't go there, but is avaiable without leaving the hotel)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pjammerman
Sara P, General Manager at Fargo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for telling Trip Advisor about your stay with us, we hope you continue to come back in the future.