“Updated, comfortable and friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #47 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Garrison, North Dakota
“Updated, comfortable and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed at the Fargo, ND Rodeway Inn recently. Wow!! They have done a lot of painting and other updates...looking great. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The breakfast has a very nice selection and also very clean. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. I guess I couldn't have asked for anything more. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nancy F
Nancy F,

Thank You for the words of appreciation! It is always great to hear about the great experiences of our guests.

Dean Rich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here two nights and overall I had a good experience. My room was clean upon arrival and was clean on the second day as well. I found the bed to be comfy and the staff at the front desk helpful and friendly. The bathroom didn't have anything special but it was clean. I enjoyed the hot tub and the breakfast both mornings were good. My room and the breakfast was basic but it met my expectation as I wanted a comfortable place that was fairly cheap price wise. I will definately will consider Rodeway Inn in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MBMatt1147
MBMatt1147

Thank You for your kind comments! We look forward to your next visit.

General manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Our stay for the most part was good. The rooms were clean and the beds were great, soft just how I like them. In fact one person of our group tore apart the bed to find out what kind it was so she could look for one for home. A few things need to be looked at though. First door E does not actually lock. While it says you need your room key to open the door you do not. When we told the front desk we were told that they were in the process of updating all of them so they were not going to fix it as it was going to be updated. This is a safety concern and should be fixed regardless of updating. Second, we encountered a drunk hotel guest outside of door E. He was sitting on the ground yelling incoherently. Then he stoop up and took a pee on the hotel wall. When we told the front desk about this we were told that he was a registered guest, maybe had dementia, spoke another language, and would not go back to his room. While I know the hotel cannot control who registers they can control if they allow them to stay once they are drunk. The cops were not called. The language he was speaking was called drunk I am sure. We encountered the same guest the next morning in the breakfast room. A friend and I were sitting in there around 5:30 a.m. having coffee when he came in and sat down. He then got up and came towards us in a way that scared us. We got up and went to the front desk. This worker (a different one from the night before) did the right thing and called the cops. If the worker the night before would have called the cops and had him removed we would have and the encounter with him in the morning. I do wish the manager and I could have connected to discuss this. I think it's probably nothing more than a training issue. I also feel these incidents should be communicated between staff at shift change, which did not happen as the morning worker didn't know about the incident from the night previous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tfajwd
tfajwd

Thank You for your comments, and rest assured we do our best to keep our guess safe and have a good experience. We do train often on these issues, however on this occasion staff fell short on responding appropriately.
Your comment do help us and I do also wish we could have met to discuss.

I hope to see you on your next trip to Fargo.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stopped by in Fargo for two nights I chose to stay at the Roadway Inn, I wanted a higher ranked hotel but I took what was available at the time and I do have to say I had a great experiance. Very nice staff. Clean rooms. The free breakfast was a nice touch also. I will defenitly stay at Roadway again, there are a lot of cute girls there too. Plus plus!! Thank you for the great service.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank cowboys34
cowboys34,

Thank you for you comments and I am happy to hear about your great stay and we hope to see you on your next visit.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you are looking for a good night sleep with no frills, this may meet your needs. It appears to be a re-branded Somethingelse so started life quite some time ago. Currently the hallways are undergoing renovation and are a bit tattered. It has a decent light breakfast with cereal, toast, fruit, rolls and including hot waffles if you want. Inside corridor entries. There is a walk-in shower (no tub). We used reward points so cannot comment on the rate but typically lower than many competitors.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PlatinumMember98042 ,

Thank You for your comments, and we appreciate your understanding during the time we are updating the hotel.

General manager
North Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Ok place, older standard rooms nothing at all to get excited about. Decent price easy parking and free wifi. Ask for a tub or they may give you the shower option. Free continental breakfast ill check that in the morning. Good hours for pool, hot tub and breakfast. Courteous staff, quick and efficient.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank bgskyman
bgskyman,

Thank You for you great comments, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Evansdale, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I went to spend time with my family we all meet and stayed at this hotel, first response of the room is it smelt of musty our window was screwed shut from opening it more than two inches. We stayed a friday and saturday night both nights no sleep, called the office both nights only one of the staff appoligized of the noise so not real friendly staff. Heard people stomping or dancing all night music playing. I was given a $25 dollar discount on the nausense of no sleep either night and did not even get that they gave it to the wrong person due to the clerk did not Identify the person picking up the cash in which I payed for this horrible room! Did not take off my shoes at all while in the room due to huge stains all over the carpets.

Room Tip: If traveling with twins ask for a handicapt room, a lot more room then the "Suites"
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dean R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Brittany M,

I am sorry that your stay had issues with other guests making noise. Hotels when full sometimes have to deal with guests that do not consider others and our staff do the best they can to accomodate and deal with such issues.
The significant 25 dollars each night ( 50 dollasr in total ) hopefully showed we care about your stay and we do apologize for the noise. It may have taken longer to resolve than it should and i do apologize again.
I did talk to staff, and since your mother checked in with you and she came to the desk, they felt it appropriate to give the refund to her. As we discussed on the phone it sounded as though you understood that.
We are striving hard to update the entire hotel and the staff work hard to ensure clean rooms, clean public areas, and a safe environment for all our guests.
Again, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on this visit. I do wish you could have had a more enjoyable experience as those in the past have shared.

Dean Rich

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels