“Awesome”

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #48 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
“Awesome”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The new management is awesome, we love staying here every time we go to Fargo, the kids love the breakfast and I love that it's not too close to the busy mall, but close enough, plus there are restaurants and other stores within walking distance

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NoraVincent
Dean R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
NoraVincent,

Thank you for the "Awesome" review and sharing your stay with other future travelers!
Our staff work hard to ensure a great stay for everyone and we love to hear you enjoyed your stay.
I hope the kids had a chance to enjoy the newly remodeled pool!
See you next time!

Dean Rich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel has been improving more and more, since we have started staying there. We have stayed at this hotel at least a half dozen times in the last few years. This time, we were given one of the newly renovated suites and service was exceptional. The only thing that wasn't the best was the tv. The tv's are still old and the variety of channels is poor. They need to add some decent movie channels to the line-up. We had the whirlpool suite, and it is nice to sit in the hot tub and watch a good movie. Other than that, it was a great stay. We will be back again in November.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrsilverado
mrsilverado,

Thank you for sharing your experience and we enjoy having you stay with us.
See you next time your in Fargo!

usa
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The room and breakfast area were spotless. I had to ask for more pillows, as there were only 2 flat ones on the bed, but they brought them up quickly. Shower head was too low (knee bends in the morning) and the water was hard and harsh.
The real problem was that the walls between rooms are not insulated. There were loud people next to us, and some foulmouthed drunken idiot came knocking at our door at 4:30 a.m. So maybe avoid this hotel on weekends? It was a Friday night.

• Stayed August 2013
Dean R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
malcolmdinko,
Thank you for sharing your stay at the Rodeway Inn Fargo. We appreciate your comments.
I am sorry you had to experience the low shower heads. We have been installing shower extentions and new shower heads in all rooms. On your visit these had not yet all been replaced in all rooms. Maintenance will soon have these done hotel wide. It is amazing how low they had them when they built the hotel ! The new owner and Manager are diligently seeking improvements to this recently purchased property.

lancaster
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Well again it is place I have not stayed at for a few yrs.
I was impressed when we walked in. the lobby looks like it has been redone it has a clean pool on the left side when you come in the front desk is on the right, it looks redone also

The front desk staff where very freindly and helpful. The breakfast area is new and bright with a good selection of goodies. When you walk down the hall you see they are in the middle od the face lift.
the rms where very clean again you can tell they are working to fix them the carpet in our rm was pretty grundgy But otherwise it was fairly clean.

When you wlk down the hall you can also tell they are working hardnat fixing it up.
The only problem I had was that when I made my reservation was they did not tell me there was a $60.00 damage deposit . Other wise the price was right for what we got. Keep it up

3 out of 6 wheels this time.

remember
keep the shinny side up and the rubberside down

6WHEELCRIDIC

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dean R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
6wheelcridic,

Thank You for your kind review! Yes we are working hard to give this property the desrved facelift it needs. Although it was neglected by the previous owner for years, and as new owners and managers and staff, we hope to bring new life back to the Rodeway Inn of Fargo!
We also have a new pool liner being installed this week! It will be an awesome addition to the hotel!
Thanks again, and we hope to see you next time you visit Fargo!!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I accidentally booked the hotel thinking it was much higher up on the rating scale that was provided by TripAdvisor. Although it wasn't a first choice, for the money, it was a pleasant evening stay. Beds were clean and comfortable, air condition worked, wifi was fine and even the morning breakfast was okay.

Room Tip: Ask about attractions in the area at the front desk; the staff was helpful in this regard.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bill Z
Bill Z,

Thank you for your for sharing your stay with us! We look foward to your next stay with us!

Kittitas, Washington
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We didn't know what to expect from this motel because of the reasonable cost but found this motel to be a very good bargain for what it cost. The Wi-Fi signal was very strong, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good with many choices. We would definitely stay here again if we happen to be in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Larry M
Larry M,

Thank You so much for the wonderful review!! My staff works hard to earn the wonderful review and comments you shared!
We look foward to your next visit with us as we do all our guests!

Davis, CA
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I specifically chose to stay at the Rodeway Inn over another, essentially priced hotel in the area because the manager of the Rodeway comments and responds to issue brought up on Tripadvisor. I appreciate that, and it made me decide to spend my money here, at a property that seemed to be working on improving.

As it was, while I don't regret my decision, I do feel like the room I got was a bit below par.

I stopped here while on a weeklong road trip, and I feel like I got a sense of what can be expected at this price point. The room here felt drabber, more outdated, and the bed more uncomfortable than at similar places. The shower was particularly unfortunate, as it was still placed at the popular old style height, which hits me mid chest.

The breakfast was acceptable (my companion enjoyed the waffle!) but i didn't feel it was at the same level as other locations.

Don't get me wrong! There is nothing *wrong* with this location. I had no problems, I didn't feel unsafe, everything worked. It just didn't feel up to modern standards. Yet.

(also: I have no idea if there is a elevator or not, but they directed us up the stairs to our second floor room. perhaps something to keep in mind if you don't like hauling your luggage upstairs...)

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CAScientist,

Thank You for your review. We are working hard to make improvements to the hotel such as the items you mentioned. Showers are ALL being updated to have a shower head taller than the currrent ones. This is almost complete! We appreciate your staying with us!

Dean Rich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fargo
Econo Lodge East
Quality Suites
#37 of 50 in Fargo
Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Moorhead Fargo Area

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!