“If you are a picky guest...steer clear”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #48 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg, Canada
“If you are a picky guest...steer clear”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had a reasonable stay at the hotel; however, you are best not staying here if you are looking for an updated hotel with attention to detail. Our room was your average-sized hotel room with two comfortable beds and a mini-fridge. That is where the perks end (though I didn't try the swimming pool, games room, or complimentary breakfast). The room has clearly not been updated for a long time. The carpet in our room was heavily stained, there were scratch marks on several places in our room, as well as a cigarette burns on one of our bed comforters. The only really unsettling thing that made me squeemish was the wadded up hand towel I found between the bed mattresses when I was checking for bed bugs. The good news: there were no bed bugs. The walls were incredibly thin, but we were lucky to not have any noisy neighbors. I paid the 'priceline' price to stay at this hotel and based on other hotels I've stayed in for the same price...I wouldn't consider it a good deal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank damienjade
char540, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
HI there,

Thank you for letting us know your concern. This hotel recently changed ownership (June 2012) and we are working on making changes for the better! We are working on getting the floors cleaned and new bedding in the rooms. We are working on improving housekeeping inspections as well to avoid the issue you experienced.

We hope you will give us a try again in the future as changes to improve the Rodeway are on the way, but in the meantime we are glad you enjoyed the comfortable beds and amenities.

Thanks again,

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We have stayed at the Rodeway 3 times and got what we expected. We have another reservation for this coming August. The free waffles in the morning could use about 5 seconds more cooking, other than that they are good. We understand that the Inn has new owners and rooms are being upgraded 1 at a time. Our room was short a fridge and microwave oven, which some rooms have - I guess you have to ask for them. A lot of people can complain about anything and everything, so be fair. If you think this place is bad, check out the "Grand Inn".

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank glockenfeather
, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for being a repeat guest. We are under new ownership and are working to make the Rodeway an even better place to stay!

See you again in August!

Gladstone, Manitoba
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The rooms were clean and staff was friendly. No problem with the hotel. The Rodeway Inn is a little run down, could use new flooring etc. but good for the price we paid.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Egp64
, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Hi there,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We are now under new ownership and are making some changes for the better. We hope you will be our guest again soon!

Thanks,
Pierre, South Dakota
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Travelled 6 hours to the Fargo Marathon (awesome). Had a reservation at the Rodeway INN at a certain price and when we got there, he changed the price and charged us more. When we tried to talk to him, he said he could cancel the reservation and reserve it at the going rate... (there were no rooms to be found, due to the number of runners at the marathon). The room was awful, the towels were threadbare. There was dirt/grime smudged on the walls, there was only one outlet, the hair dryer didn't work, the noise was terrible. The A/C unit didn't run properly (we were trying to drown out the noise of the hallways.)

Room Tip: Please do not stay here unless you want to be ripped off.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dean R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Mary E
I appreciate comments on trip advisor and I take them seriously.
As a veteran hotel Manager I am aware of the importance of trip advisor and it helps us to improve our property for our guests in the future.
Let me explain a little of what we are doing at the Rodeway in Fargo ND.
This Rodeway was bought by new owners in May 2012. I accepted the position as the new General Manager about three weeks ago knowing the challenges that lie ahead with the property. I have experience at this type of facility and I have the skills and ability to lead our staff into a new era for this Rodeway. Yes it had been ignored by the previous owner and allowed to be in the state that you saw. We are working hard to make this a hotel within the Choice Brand of hotels that guest will tell friends and relatives about and come back themselves for future stays.
In the last three weeks we have made countless changes and updates to the hotel inside and out. We have cleaned up the public areas; we are cleaning up rooms, beginning to update room beds with three sheet bedding as well as deep cleaning room to room.
I have obtained estimates to carpet clean the entire facility and plan to begin that process immediately.
Many of the last reviews reflect issues such as yours, and we are working hard and diligent as new owners and managers and staff to rectify every issue, big and small!
I want this hotel to be one that guests enjoy coming back to, and that staff at the hotel are proud to work at! That is my pledge as the new General Manager, and I know it is that of the owners as well. I want to assure everyone, that on a daily basis we are improving the hotel, until the day we are happy that our guests are happy with our service and facilities.
Note that we are currently finishing remodeling our meeting room, working on our new fitness center, and starting to paint the main public areas and have expanded our breakfast selections as well! Please know that I take these issues serious and will bring them all to a positive resolve!

Again thank you for your feedback to help us improve our hotel.

Dean Rich

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Seattle, WA
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed at the Rodeway because all of the other local hotels were booked solid for the marathon.

Upsides:
Cost
Location (if being next to the interstate/K-Mart matters to you)
Cleanliness
Minimalism
Nice folks at the front desk
Free wifi
Free breakfast (waffles, anyone?)
The plastic flowers in the planters outside made me laugh

Downsides:
It ain't exactly in the heart of the action
Dude, it's really outdated (think 1980s bedspreads)
It's the Rodeway Inn
It's like WalMart opened a motel in 1987
The beds slope to the middle
The toilet paper seems to dissolve on contact

Don't expect anything but a placeto sleep for the night. You won't want to hang here. Then again,you are in Fargo - don't stayin your motel room, go mingle! The people are great,

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank hildeborg
Hildeborg
I appreciate comments on trip advisor and I take them seriously.
I too laughed at many things I found when I first looked at this hotel to manage recently!! I still laugh as I find some things now that I am the new General Manager.
Thank you for the upside comments, and rest assured the next time you visit Fargo, come back and see it is not the same as it was before!
Again thank you for your feedback to help us improve our hotel.

Dean Rich