“good place for the price”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #48 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Gladstone, Manitoba
“good place for the price”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The rooms were clean and staff was friendly. No problem with the hotel. The Rodeway Inn is a little run down, could use new flooring etc. but good for the price we paid.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Egp64
, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Hi there,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We are now under new ownership and are making some changes for the better. We hope you will be our guest again soon!

Thanks,
Charline King
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pierre, South Dakota
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Travelled 6 hours to the Fargo Marathon (awesome). Had a reservation at the Rodeway INN at a certain price and when we got there, he changed the price and charged us more. When we tried to talk to him, he said he could cancel the reservation and reserve it at the going rate... (there were no rooms to be found, due to the number of runners at the marathon). The room was awful, the towels were threadbare. There was dirt/grime smudged on the walls, there was only one outlet, the hair dryer didn't work, the noise was terrible. The A/C unit didn't run properly (we were trying to drown out the noise of the hallways.)

Room Tip: Please do not stay here unless you want to be ripped off.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dean R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Mary E
I appreciate comments on trip advisor and I take them seriously.
As a veteran hotel Manager I am aware of the importance of trip advisor and it helps us to improve our property for our guests in the future.
Let me explain a little of what we are doing at the Rodeway in Fargo ND.
This Rodeway was bought by new owners in May 2012. I accepted the position as the new General Manager about three weeks ago knowing the challenges that lie ahead with the property. I have experience at this type of facility and I have the skills and ability to lead our staff into a new era for this Rodeway. Yes it had been ignored by the previous owner and allowed to be in the state that you saw. We are working hard to make this a hotel within the Choice Brand of hotels that guest will tell friends and relatives about and come back themselves for future stays.
In the last three weeks we have made countless changes and updates to the hotel inside and out. We have cleaned up the public areas; we are cleaning up rooms, beginning to update room beds with three sheet bedding as well as deep cleaning room to room.
I have obtained estimates to carpet clean the entire facility and plan to begin that process immediately.
Many of the last reviews reflect issues such as yours, and we are working hard and diligent as new owners and managers and staff to rectify every issue, big and small!
I want this hotel to be one that guests enjoy coming back to, and that staff at the hotel are proud to work at! That is my pledge as the new General Manager, and I know it is that of the owners as well. I want to assure everyone, that on a daily basis we are improving the hotel, until the day we are happy that our guests are happy with our service and facilities.
Note that we are currently finishing remodeling our meeting room, working on our new fitness center, and starting to paint the main public areas and have expanded our breakfast selections as well! Please know that I take these issues serious and will bring them all to a positive resolve!

Again thank you for your feedback to help us improve our hotel.

Dean Rich
Seattle, WA
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed at the Rodeway because all of the other local hotels were booked solid for the marathon.

Upsides:
Cost
Location (if being next to the interstate/K-Mart matters to you)
Cleanliness
Minimalism
Nice folks at the front desk
Free wifi
Free breakfast (waffles, anyone?)
The plastic flowers in the planters outside made me laugh

Downsides:
It ain't exactly in the heart of the action
Dude, it's really outdated (think 1980s bedspreads)
It's the Rodeway Inn
It's like WalMart opened a motel in 1987
The beds slope to the middle
The toilet paper seems to dissolve on contact

Don't expect anything but a placeto sleep for the night. You won't want to hang here. Then again,you are in Fargo - don't stayin your motel room, go mingle! The people are great,

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank hildeborg
Hildeborg
I appreciate comments on trip advisor and I take them seriously.
I too laughed at many things I found when I first looked at this hotel to manage recently!! I still laugh as I find some things now that I am the new General Manager.
Thank you for the upside comments, and rest assured the next time you visit Fargo, come back and see it is not the same as it was before!
Again thank you for your feedback to help us improve our hotel.

Dean Rich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fargo
Econo Lodge East
Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center
Quality Inn West Acres
Quality Inn West Acres
#42 of 50 in Fargo

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!