“You get what you pay for...”

Motel 6 Fargo North
Ranked #46 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Don't even know where to begin, but this has got to be the worse experience in a hotel I have ever had! First of all, when I called to book the room, the receptionist was rude. I asked her if they had a room with 2 double beds..her response was "We could have 2 doubles..." she then proceeded to ask why I was calling..I told her obviously the reason I'm calling is because I need a room...duh!! Then when we got there, the shower curtain bar was broken, we called to complain, and they didn't send maintenance until the next morning. Toilet and tub were fithly, hair and dust everywhere. Towels looked like they were not properly cleaned. We ordered a non-smoking room, but I could smell smoke all along the halls and in the room itself. Pillows were hard, bed was pretty comfortable overall. Television was small and had barely any good channels. In a nutshell, even for $45.99, definately not worth the trouble or the money! I DO NOT recommend this place even for a dog!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Fargo North

Reviewed March 3, 2010

We were driving a UHaul from Michigan to North Dakota and had been fighting heavy winds for the last three hours. Knowing we still had a long ways ahead of us, we decided to stop for the night. Not knowing Fargo, we looked for something cheap and chose the Motel 6 for convenience (right off the interstate).

The night clerk was great and told us not to worry about a thing as far as parking the UHaul etc. The rooms are accessed from an interior hallway which is good. The room however was filthy. The beds felt dirty and the sheets were stained.

At $50/night it was not as cheap as we expected a Motel 6 to be either. My recommendation...keep on driving

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2009

Stay away. The whole place is in poor condition and not at all worth the rate. We stayed for one night on our way out to Theodore Roosevelt National Park. Stayed in a non-smoking room with 2 full beds. Definitely not worth the $62/night. Both beds were old, collapsing, and horribly uncomfortable – sagging in the middle and providing no support. The pillows were thin, old, and uncomfortable – the worst I’ve seen in any hotel and a perfect match for these beds. You had to double the pillow up to get the same thickness as any normal pillow, and unfortunately it still just felt like 2 bad pillows stacked on one another. One of our children slept in a blow-up bed which we brought along and got the best night’s sleep of all of us. The rest of us were up several times during the night due to discomfort and woke up sore and cranky. The bathroom and tub were in such bad shape we elected to skip showers. The check-in clerk was rude, and short with me when I asked questions. There is nothing I liked about this hotel. I seriously would not stay here again even if all other hotels were booked and the rate was only $5 a night. I’d sooner sleep in my car.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We made a bad mistake of not reading these reviews until after our stay. We stayed in this hotel because our friends stayed at the super 8 and it was completely booked (Super 8 is right next to Motel 6). The entire hotel is dirty and stinks, the woman clerk was unfriendly, and our bed sheets had hair and stains in it causing me to sleep with my clothes on and to use my sweater as a pillow. The swimming pool had gravel at the bottom. There is nothing I liked about this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sneakytutz
Reviewed March 14, 2009

The check in person was not friendly at all, the shower curtain had mold at the top, and some brown liquid not cleaned off, the phone was unplugged completely - when I went to use it I had to plug everything in - I called for extra pillows and was told by the same not friendly clerk "you can have them if you come and get them!" - when I arrived, she was extremely busy looking at a friends pictures - I had to interrupt to get my pillows - the two ice machines did not work and the tv sucked. The blankets actually had holes in them...disgusting - would NEVER go again, EVER....

Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2008

The check in clerk was not at all friendly. In fact, she was a crabby thing. The room we had smelled like cigarettes. The tub wouldn't drain. The blankets on the beds were old and probably hadn't been washed in a very long time. The noise from the ice machine kept us up all night.

It was the most discussing experience I've ever had at hotel. I slept with my clothes on and left at 6:00 in the morning.

We paid $78.00 for this horrible place. The only reason we stayed here was because the wonderful Super 8 was full.

Next time, leave the lights off.

DLR - Thunder Bay, Ontario

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank DLR888
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I spent one night in this property and for $40 a night all I ask is a door with a lock and clean bedding, this hotel supplied both. The room was "bare bones"; a bed, a TV, a table and chair. No desk or internet service in the room.

The entire hotel smelled of smoke. This does not normally bother me, but I had to open the room window. This could be a problem for people with asthema. I also turned on the air conditioner and while it cooled the room, the machine began to rattle loudly.

I made the room reservation through the Motel 6 website; it was easy and made check in fast and easy.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business