“Room not ready till 5:00”

Motel 6 Fargo North
Ranked #46 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
“Room not ready till 5:00”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many Motel 6's across the country but this one seemed mismanaged. I know you get what you pay for but I always have had a room when I check in after 3. The motel had easy access to and from. Rooms had been updated but vinyl flooring was loose. Not enough staff to clean rooms and run front desk. I felt bad for clerk as she received many complaints from guests checking in.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Davin88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Winnipeg
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I booked my hotel room weeks in advance. When we arrived at the hotel at 7pm (check in was at 4pm) we were told that their cleaners did not show up and that our room was not ready yet. We didn't really think much of it as we were told to come back in an hour and we hadn't eaten dinner yet. So we went for dinner and can back in an hour and a half, only to be told our room was not ready and she wasn't even gonna give us a time to come back. The lady at the front desk was extremely rude and tried to tell us it was not their fault. We had asked to use the phone to call around and see if we could find another hotel and the lady would not let us use it. We were stuck driving around for hours going from hotel to hotel to try and find a room. There was a big concert in town that night so all the hotels were completely booked. We kept returning to motel 6 to check and see if our room was ready and each time the lady was more and more rude to us. She wouldn't even check how long it might be for us to get our room. We finally got ahold of a hotel in grand forks that had one room for us. This was at 11pm at night and our room at motel 6 still was not ready. Not only did we almost not find a room for the night, we also had used a ton of gas driving around from hotel to hotel and were stuck driving back to grand forks and were charged roaming(as we are from canada) on our cells while trying to get ahold of vacant hotels. I don't get how a hotel can be so poorly managed and run and how they can hire such rude staff. Doesn't matter how cheap or how little of nights your staying their, I wouldn't waste your time or money on this hotel. Your not even guaranteed to get the room your have a reservation for.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Jamm1991

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2014

we booked at the very last minute so we had not many choices of hotels (tournament going on) and didn't want to spend too much since we were just there to sleep. you have to pay for internet and there was no shampoo/conditioner only one bar of soap. I wore flip flops in the shower (didn't look clean). Only good for one night. One good thing is the location - close to west acres mall and restaurants. if you are not picky and don't want to spend to much $$ then this place would be good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank soring78
Winnipeg
Reviewed May 29, 2014

we checked in only to find that we were told it was a room with 2 queen beds, only to find 1 queen or 2 doubles, we asked for extra pillows, they came without pillow cases, the bathroom had a stand up shower, no tub and the base was slimey feeling around the drain and showing some mold on the caulking, I talked to the desk about all the issues and all the manager said they can't get funding to fix it so......

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pam G
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My family stayed at this hotel for 1 night while attending the Fargo Marathon. I would rate this hotel somewhere between a 1 or 2. We had 2 rooms reserved. They only had one of the 2 rooms ready by 3pm. We decided to go to dinner at 4:30pm because the 2nd room still wasn't available. When we finally got the 2nd room after dinner we found that the room stunk of smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. We asked to get another room and luckily one was still available on the first floor. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd floor rooms were smoking at one time. The room we ended up with on the first floor was OK. The laminate wood looking floors were a bit sticky and everything just seemed a bit dirty in the room. My son did manage to swim for a little bit in the small indoor pool and that seemed OK. I have stayed in a lot of Motel 6's over the years and this one just seemed to be a cut below the rest.

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms are less likely to smell like smoke.