“Value for money in Fargo” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Motel 6 Fargo North
Ranked #49 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg
“Value for money in Fargo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Off of I29, close to the mall, taxi ride to the airport is only $13. Burger King and Perkins right outside the hotel. Great location for 1 or 2 nights. Rooms are in good shape. This hotel is much better than Super 8 next door.
Friendly and accommodating staff.
- Far away from downtown, no breakfast option.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank DenisV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Grand Forks, North Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was hands down the worst lodging experience I have had. In my entire life. I've stayed in some incredibly terrible hotels, motels, and the like, but this is the first time on my life that I purposely did not sleep because my family felt unsafe. We were stranded in Fargo due to a blizzard, and essentially picked the first hotel we saw with an open room. If I could do it over, I would risked sleeping in my car in the ditch... That's how terrible it was. First bad sign: groups of sketchy people loitering outside in -25 weather. Second bad sign: THEY DUCT TAPE THE OUTSIDE DOOR LOCKS SO THE DOOR CANNOT LATCH. Literally. No such thing as controlled entry at Motel 6. We attempted to go to sleep at 11pm. Over the next 7 hours, I heard constant screaming, fighting, obscenities, police, door slamming, fighting, things breaking, and fighting. At one point, we heard people running down the halls at 4am, apparently being chased. The other review that said this place is like the inner city projects is completely right. Save $50 and sleep in the BK parking lot next door.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels

d
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I didn't stay at this property because I called 3 times. The 1st and 2nd time I called, someone picked up the phone and hung up quickly. The 3rd time the desk clerk hung up on me after saying they had no rooms, very Rude and decided to just stay anyplace else.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else!!
Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mprince1202
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Very close to the mall and a lot of local restaurants. Nice clean and very very spacious rooms. Would stay here again if I was ever in the area. Big indoor pool for this motel. Motel is very big with lots of rooms, staff is very nicy!

• Stayed October 2013
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I couldn't believe what a dump this place is. I've stayed in a few Motel 6's and know that they're not the highest-quality of places. But this was over the top of low-quality. We arrived in to Fargo late one night, and wanted a cheap place with a bed. What I did not expect was state cigarette stench, overpowered with a weird chlorine smell. Walked in to the room and there's no carpet (probably a good thing, actually), a small bed, and two of the flattest pillows I've ever seen. We had to put the towels under the pillows. The rate doesn't include fee wifi like a lot of other Motel 6's, nor does it include toiletries, such as shampoo!! I had to go to the vending machine to buy shampoo. Seems to be lots of people (who look sketchy at best) loitering around the lobby, entrances and hallways.

If it hadn't been so late when we arrived, we'd have gone elsewhere.

$49 for that wasn't worth it. Will never be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Fargo North, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear iheartlovetotravel,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Portland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We made a reservation two plus hours before we arrived for a queen sized bed for two adults with two pets. When we arrived the so called on duty "manager" checked us in never mentioning that our reservation had been changed. We get to our room to find we have two full sized beds. After a call to the front desk to tell them this is not the room we reserved an extremely rude "manager" told us "there was an over booking and because other guests checked in before us this is all we have." When we tried to explain that this was not right we were told "we could go else where for a room!" At this time it is 8:30 pm and we are supposed to find a pet friendly motel/hotel on a Friday night with an open room....yeah right. So I go to the front desk and ask to speak to the manager. That's when the inconsiderate bit$# announces she is the on duty manager and proceeds to tell me "THAT MOTELS 6 ONLY GUARANTEES YOU A ROOM AND LIKE I TOLD YOUR WIFE YOU CAN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE".....so what is the sense of a reservation????? Well of course we could not find another available room at that time of night. So now we are forced to stay here. After driving for ten plus hours across two and a half states my wife and I get to look forward to being crammed into a full size bed or we can sleep apart. Never, ever again will I stay in a Motel 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I pay for something I EXPECT to get what I paid for!!!!!!!!!!!! So good luck if you make a RESERVATION here it is subject to the discretion of how many people the "manager" (joke) checks in before you arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bokeelia, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

was worried that we would have a problem parking our car and trailer, it was located next to an accsseible parking lot. the staff was very friendly and helpful. the room was clean beds were comfortable and I was nicely surprised that we had enough towels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends