See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I couldn't believe what a dump this place is. I've stayed in a few Motel 6's and know that they're not the highest-quality of places. But this was over the top of low-quality. We arrived in to Fargo late one night, and wanted a cheap place with a bed. What I did not expect was state cigarette stench, overpowered with a weird chlorine smell. Walked in to the room and there's no carpet (probably a good thing, actually), a small bed, and two of the flattest pillows I've ever seen. We had to put the towels under the pillows. The rate doesn't include fee wifi like a lot of other Motel 6's, nor does it include toiletries, such as shampoo!! I had to go to the vending machine to buy shampoo. Seems to be lots of people (who look sketchy at best) loitering around the lobby, entrances and hallways.

If it hadn't been so late when we arrived, we'd have gone elsewhere.

$49 for that wasn't worth it. Will never be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Fargo North, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear iheartlovetotravel,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We made a reservation two plus hours before we arrived for a queen sized bed for two adults with two pets. When we arrived the so called on duty "manager" checked us in never mentioning that our reservation had been changed. We get to our room to find we have two full sized beds. After a call to the front desk to tell them this is not the room we reserved an extremely rude "manager" told us "there was an over booking and because other guests checked in before us this is all we have." When we tried to explain that this was not right we were told "we could go else where for a room!" At this time it is 8:30 pm and we are supposed to find a pet friendly motel/hotel on a Friday night with an open room....yeah right. So I go to the front desk and ask to speak to the manager. That's when the inconsiderate bit$# announces she is the on duty manager and proceeds to tell me "THAT MOTELS 6 ONLY GUARANTEES YOU A ROOM AND LIKE I TOLD YOUR WIFE YOU CAN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE".....so what is the sense of a reservation????? Well of course we could not find another available room at that time of night. So now we are forced to stay here. After driving for ten plus hours across two and a half states my wife and I get to look forward to being crammed into a full size bed or we can sleep apart. Never, ever again will I stay in a Motel 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I pay for something I EXPECT to get what I paid for!!!!!!!!!!!! So good luck if you make a RESERVATION here it is subject to the discretion of how many people the "manager" (joke) checks in before you arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2013

was worried that we would have a problem parking our car and trailer, it was located next to an accsseible parking lot. the staff was very friendly and helpful. the room was clean beds were comfortable and I was nicely surprised that we had enough towels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I realize that when you go to a Motel 6 that you are going to get a bare bones experience but the last two we stayed in were new and clean and just fine. This Motel 6 was neither! When we first drove up, we were a little surprised at the look of the building. We walked in and were hit with a "smell". It was like stale smoke smell mixed with cleaning supplies. The front staff guy was very kind and helpful, which was our only pleasant experience at this hotel. We went to our room and were introduced to that "smell" again. There were stains on the bed spread. There was also drip stains on the wall next to the fridge. I went in the bathroom and saw that the corners of the room had dust and hair. I looked closer and there were toe nails in the mix! I complained to the front staff guy. He said he would contact housekeeping. We came back from shopping, entered the bathroom again and housekeeping had only cleaned one of the corners! They left the toe nails in the other corner and now there was a toe nail by the toilet. I went to the front desk again and he was told by housekeeping that it was all clean. The poor guy came and cleaned up the dust/hair/toe nail mix. Lastly, the AC was very loud, but maybe that was a blessing because from other reviews it sounds like this hotel can get pretty loud! When checking out, they didn't ask how everything was, so I guess I will share on here how things were. I won't be returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We got there late at night & had no problems checking in. The room smelled very clean. It was very modern & spacious. AC worked great even though it looked old. Bed was average. Well located. Quiet. We had zero problems & would recommend it to people who need a budget friendly hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013