“visiting fargo”

Motel 6 Fargo North
Ranked #46 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed September 7, 2013

was worried that we would have a problem parking our car and trailer, it was located next to an accsseible parking lot. the staff was very friendly and helpful. the room was clean beds were comfortable and I was nicely surprised that we had enough towels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Fargo North

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I realize that when you go to a Motel 6 that you are going to get a bare bones experience but the last two we stayed in were new and clean and just fine. This Motel 6 was neither! When we first drove up, we were a little surprised at the look of the building. We walked in and were hit with a "smell". It was like stale smoke smell mixed with cleaning supplies. The front staff guy was very kind and helpful, which was our only pleasant experience at this hotel. We went to our room and were introduced to that "smell" again. There were stains on the bed spread. There was also drip stains on the wall next to the fridge. I went in the bathroom and saw that the corners of the room had dust and hair. I looked closer and there were toe nails in the mix! I complained to the front staff guy. He said he would contact housekeeping. We came back from shopping, entered the bathroom again and housekeeping had only cleaned one of the corners! They left the toe nails in the other corner and now there was a toe nail by the toilet. I went to the front desk again and he was told by housekeeping that it was all clean. The poor guy came and cleaned up the dust/hair/toe nail mix. Lastly, the AC was very loud, but maybe that was a blessing because from other reviews it sounds like this hotel can get pretty loud! When checking out, they didn't ask how everything was, so I guess I will share on here how things were. I won't be returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We got there late at night & had no problems checking in. The room smelled very clean. It was very modern & spacious. AC worked great even though it looked old. Bed was average. Well located. Quiet. We had zero problems & would recommend it to people who need a budget friendly hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had a great experience at Hotel 6 in Brandon, Manitoba, so thought - why not try another one. Oops - big mistake. Though the rooms were recently renovated (same décor as Brandon), they were less than Spartan. No clock radio, shortage of towels, no guest directory, no info as to what tv channels were available, no fridge. Once again the laminate floors were great for pets. Staff was friendly. If you want really cheap, stay here, as long as you don't expert to have any amenities all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean and recently updated and the price was low. That's where the good ends. Middle of summer and the heater fan in the pool was cranked. The air conditioner fans were loud which was great to keep the noises and door slammings through the night drowned out. The police were there frequently. My wife heard someone on the phone figuring out how to bail someone out of jail. No cots. The extra towels probably came from the second hand store. My uncle's air conditioner smelled like pee when turned on. The maintenance guy was real nice and attended to a light problem quickly and he was probably the best part of the stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I stay in many Motel 6 properties because they are normally a good value and a safe place to stay. This one was like checking into an inner-city project. Noisy fights and drunks in the hall - I expected shots to ring out the first night. More police here than hotel employees. KEEPDRIVING!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 20, 2013

OK we realize we waited too long to reserve a room the weekend of the Fargo Marathon. So we took what was left and now we know why this place still had a room. Walking in it had a stale cigarette smoke smell. There was no carpeting on the floor--only linoleum. I had on white socks and they were black after walking in the room. I doubt the floors had been scrubbed for quite a while. We had no Kleenex in the room. The beds were just ok with thin blankets. We could hear the people in the room next to us.

My husband did call down to the front desk and they said they would bring up an "oxidator" but we would have to leave for at least 30 minutes. So we did. When we came back we had the same smoke smell but our window had been opened. The next morning my husband complained again and they did knock some off our bill. The front staff did try to work with us.

We wouldn't ever stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family