“Basic and Clean”

Ranked #46 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Cumberland, Wisconsin
“Basic and Clean”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I would definitely go back. It was a small double room with with a tiny bath and only very basic amenities: phone, television, a rod for hanging clothes, towels and two bars of travel soap - not a surprise for $50, but it was also very clean and the beds were comfortable. It was also very quiet. The pool was smaller and six feet on the deep end, but my nine-year-old stayed in for a long time. The clerk at the front desk was also very courteous and helpful. I was very satisfied with our stay for the amount paid.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor rooms next to the outdoor building lights. Even though the curtains are thic...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a large motel 6 property. Indoor corridors and pool.
Stayed in a corner room, with fridge and micro. Very quiet location. Everything new, including beds, tv, and hardwood floor.
Was able to check in @ 9am. Location was walking distance, to restaurants and mall. Room was very clean, but common areas iffy. Seemed like mostly budget travelers, and working people staying here. Overall, a great stay for less than $50.

• Stayed September 2012
Peshtigo
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I really don't understand these reviews - me and the dog have stayed here 3 times to visit my boyfriend who is staying here for work and each time I had a great stay . Pet friendly , clean rooms and every room I've rented, the beds I've slept in were very comfortable. Staff and Judy are very nice, courteous and helpful.
I spent hours out in the back with the dog and never had a problem with any shady characters Nothings been stolen in or out of my room . Like a lot of long term hotels, you don't have a breakfast, but Perkins and fast food place are right next door. On the other side theres a really nice mexican restaurant. This hotel is close to everything.
As far as the regulars most are people working in the area from my observation ,except my last stay where the place was full of people and dogs for a dog show that weekend. Which was actually kinda fun.
The price of your room makes up for any inconvenience of not getting a cheap breakfast-paying for the internet kinda sucks,but at least it works -I will go back

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank homeon64
Glenburn, ND
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I can't figure out why this hotel rates so low on the list, My Husband & I stayed there last night
along with our happy to travel pet (cat). It's very hard to find a nice hotel that welcomes pets and also has a smoking room now days. We had a nice clean modern deco room with a comfortable Queen size bed, and a refrigerator/freezer. We were just traveling through so didn't need all of those little extras other hotels offer, such as a gym, breakfast, etc. This hotel does have a nice sized swimming pool though just in case someone is interested in that. As for the wake up call, not a problem there either in fact Tom Bodet (recording) woke us up! We didn't have any problem with the heating/air/fan unit either, it is a bit noisy but we've had that in other hotels also! This hotel is better then it's ratings!!!

Room Tip: It's a small one floor hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Mark S
Gilbert Plains MB. Canada
Reviewed December 30, 2011

First ones to stay in brand new room and most of rooms are being renovated,new everything!staff very frendly and helpfull.Doors a little thin for building noise in morning but that will be finished soon,stayed two nights on trip only wanted clean place to sleep and got that.perfect for under 50$

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hilton K
Anola
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Only place available. Booked 2 nights. Spent one, cancelled the other. No breakfast and no free internet ($3.00/day). The room was run down, the box spring ripped, carpets dirty, dead bugs on the floor & low shelves, and a brown stain on the wall by the toilet. Hallways were also dirty & stained. It appeared that some rooms were being worked on.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Brandon, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

It was a last minute decision to stay in either Fargo or Grand Forks, GF being booked solid that weekend. A few calls on the road landed 6 rooms, and cudos to the clerk for reserving them for us. However....the rooms were indeed dirty. Not all over dirty (bathrooms were clean) but there was hair on the sheets and the carpet by the nightstand was dirty. I could just be a little picky, but these were things I noticed. The clientelle I noticed there seemed to be a little sketchy, for $50 a night I think some only used it by the hour.... Yes, the price and availability held our attention but I would never stay there again, not if I had my say. But for a quick and cheap stop, we got what we paid for. Burger King next door was a highlight.

• Stayed August 2011