“AC would have been nice!!!”

Super 8 Fargo Airport
Ranked #38 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Maryland
“AC would have been nice!!!”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I was coming back from a trip to Canada. Not sure why I did not just stay at the same hotel in Fargo I stayed on my way up!! Front person was friendly enough. Had free Wi-fi, so normally I am content! But it was hot outside and the AC was not keeping up with the heat, so it made for an uncomfortable sleep. Which really sucks when 1 has been doing a lot of driving and more driving in front of them. Did I complain? No, Maybe I should have, but I just wanted to get on the road. Room was clean enough, they allowed my dog,so not all that bad. Now if I had my wife with me, I would not have put up with it. Would not recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Ask if the AC is working well!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Booked 2 rooms at last minute at Super 8 by the airport. I was a little bit nervous considering that it was much less expensive than other options, but I could not have been more pleased. The rooms were comfortable and clean- the bathroom was nice, it was quiet and the front desk staff was very friendly- even helping with restaurant suggestions. Very good value and if I am ever again in Fargo, I will not look for anything else. Oh- it is also close to restaurants (just one exit-1.5 miles south on I-29). Can't be beat.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Profjr
Steinbach, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The exterior is cleaner than anything inside. Kind of smoking smelling, dirty carpets, cigarette holes in the blankets...and we had a non-smoking room. The front desk lady didn't seem like she knew what she was doing, but she was friendly. The AC worked, which was nice. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Farmington MN
Reviewed February 28, 2011

The worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. The service is horrible, the accomodations are horrible, the pool was horrible. Do you notice a trend????
Do not stay at this hotel ever!!!!!! I would rather sleep in my car than step foot into this hotel again. Everyone I spoke to in the hotel agreed that that they have never been treated so badly before. Please do not stay at this hotel

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank hunting247
Brookings, South Dakota
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I went with three friends, one of whom was my college RA to an NDSU football game. We had booked a room here through Expedia. Once we got there, the lady behind the desk took a look at his I.D., looked at him, and asked, "You're not 21?" He replied "No..? Is there a problem?" She said "We have had problems in the past with underage drinking, so if you aren't 21, you can't book a room here. It's not our problem." So we asked if there was anything we could do to get a room somewhere else, but she was not willing to help us at all. So we were left without a room, and even though they knew it was a misunderstanding, they would not help us. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

However, we searched for a room in nearby Moorhead, MN and found a Travelodge. We went in, told them our situation. We asked if they had any rooms available. She recognized our distress and said, "No, sorry, all of our rooms are booked, but let me make a couple calls to get you a room." After a couple phone calls, she had located a room for us at the AmericInn Moorhead. Then, she proceeded to get a map, and walked us through the directions getting there. The room at the AmericInn was very clean, they had a wonderful staff, always willing to help, excellent continental breakfast in both variety and quality, pool, hot tub, and nine holes of mini golf. It was the same hotel I had stayed in for 2 or 3 days in the summer during the State Legion Baseball tournament, and it was exceptional then, too.

The next time I am in the Fargo-Moorhead area, I know I am going to stay in the Travelodge or in the AmericInn. I will not stay in the Super 8 no matter what.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Matt14449
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed May 12, 2010

This is a good place to stay. the place looks like a newer place and was clean and quiet although the room I was in was the smallest room I have ever seen in any hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
manitoba
Reviewed March 22, 2010

ok breakfast, alot of starches available though .. would like to have some fruit available, even just a orange or apple, banana. The room was quiet and comfortable,clean, hot tub needs some repair or a paint job, Was happy with everything overall, came with a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2010