“Not impressed”

Ranked #43 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Perham, Minnesota
“Not impressed”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I booked thru a web site & they only had one room & I had booked 2. The front desk people were nice enough to find me another room & give me the same price as I was quoted on Bookings.com. The location was good for what we were in town for. The rooms were musty smelling, the bathrooms were very small, one bathroom had a leak by the sink & the carpet was wet. Also the bath fan did not work. The other bathroom had a problem with the toilet flushing. the back door did not lock & anyone could come in & out - no security or using your key. It was very noisy well past 4 am & lots of door slamming. I would not book here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank dee dee s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Its fine for a stay where you have a busy schedule and don't plan to stick around the hotel for extended time. The mall is close enough to walk to, the bus service has a terminal there, so you can get around the city without taxis....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I spent one night here and will never book this hotel again. I do not recommend it to anyone. The room had water damage and there was a very strong moldy/musty smell in it. My boyfriend and I tried to open a window only to find that the screen to the window was completely torn through (like someone had tried to escape out it?). The washroom was was way too small (like you can barely close the door to pee small) and there was visible black mold along the caulking of the tub. The entire hotel appeared unkept and untidy. Not worth the money at all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank neverhaveiever8

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels

winnipeg
Reviewed November 11, 2013

convenient location,good price, clean, nice shower with hot water. what more could I ask for on a long weekend of shopping? Room had a smell of cleaning solution when first entered. The window opened for fresh air. No hair drier in room. Oh well. Basic for sure.but fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mason City, Iowa
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel needs some updating and needs better cleaning of rooms. Everything about this hotel needs updating. The halls, lobby, "exercise room" all need some updating. The rooms were surface clean but things really need updating. The location was very good. Close to shopping and hotels. We stayed here because they had two queen beds but if we are ever in Fargo area we will look for better accomodations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian P
Karlstad, Minnesota
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I just spent 3 nights last week. The room smelled moldy, and the bathroom smelled like mold & urine. The carpet was damp and sticky so you had to have at least socks on. I informed the front desk, without even mentioning my room number, and they responded that they did not have a mold problem. They went on to say that all of the hotels in Fargo were having the same complaints about the first floor rooms. He then went on to say they had the rooms tested and they didn't have mold. Funny, I didn't tell him which room I was in, but he automatically knew it must have been the first floor. So, how many complaints have you had? And I beg to differ, you do have a mold problem !

I travel for a living and have never complained about a room. This was by far the worst room I have ever had in the last 10 years. I considered going out to the vehicle to sleep.

I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Judy G
winnipeg
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was excited to try this place out after checking out their photos from their website. However,
soon after we arrived my excitement turned into disappointment. The hallways are dingy and so are the rooms. Our toilet always made a loud "clunking" sound after each flush. There was no bar fridge in the room (which hotel doesn't provide one nowadays)? The nearest outdoor exit to our room had the locking mechanism hanging by 2 screws making it difficult to exit the building. A couple of times we had to use an alternate exit as we couldn't get the dangling handle into the exact spot allowing us to exit (not good in case of fire). There was only one ice machine which is located on the main floor. Next time I'll pay the extra money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple