“Great experience”

Red River Inn & Suites Fargo
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed April 18, 2012

For this being a lower priced hotel I was pleasantly surprised!! The beds were VERY comfortable which is hard to find in hotels. I LOVED that they had a complimentary breakfast and it was not just donuts and coffee. They provided cereal, toast, waffles, as well as donuts and bagels! I would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
redriverlodge, General Manager at Red River Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

We certainly appreciate taking time to let us and others know how we are doing. We love to see you again, thanks.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The doors would not lock completely. I did not feel safe at this hotel as I am a 25-year-old woman who traveled here alone. I walked into my room and the lights would not turn on. When I showered in the morning, the water would not drain. I was standing in six inches of water. The water was not even warm. The room was dirty and gross. The "breakfast" is a joke. Not impressed with the hotel. Was not worth the money.

Room Tip: I thought people were exaggerating on the reviews, but they were not. It was a horrible experience...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Buffy0007
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Worst experience ever at a hotel. Went to 3 rooms before we found 1 that did not smell too bad or had everything working. Another issue they do not honour specials which they advertise in the room. Also only 2 towels, 1 bar of soap and they do not change the sheets. And 1 tiny garbage can in the whole room. When speaking with the owner he was very arrogant and did not seem to care about anything. Red river lodge will never see our group again. We are not fussy people!!! Bob S.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 869,052
redriverlodge, General Manager at Red River Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

First of all I like to start with apologizing for the problems you had with your stay. I will do my best to address all issues you had after evaluating the situation and hope it can bring some consolation to your experience. Person you spoke to over the phone about the advertised specials for the bar was the bar manager and he admitted of being frustrated with situation and apologized in writing to the management. Frustration is not an option for managers and he learned his lesson hard way. You were however NOT charged for the drinks in question which manager instructed bartender after speaking with you to NOT charge and I did verify receipt showing that as well so drinks you questioned were free of cost. To clarify, specials in the bar were updated recently but menu in the rooms were in process of being updated with same specials but not yet changed. Bartender working that night was new so she was unaware of old menus with discontinued specials in the room, they were removed from all rooms the following day. It is still our mistake and we take full responsibility for that.

Our hotel manager inspected the room you were moved from and was not able to find anything out of order with room cleaning. To her, everything appeared in order and since she did not have any specific problems listed, she could not address anything in specific. It still does not mean there wasn’t any problem and we have taken measures to improve room inspection after housekeeping is performed. We provide two sets of towels in the room with single bed and four sets of towels with two beds, however we always provide extra towels/toiletries or other items guests may need upon request. We do not have sign or placard in the rooms informing guests about making such requests but we are planning to add that to all rooms after this incident.

We thrive in providing best possible service and care about what our guests think of us. Our hotel staff works very hard to provide best service and clean rooms. We learn from each experience. We have made improvements based on suggestions from guests in the past and we will continue to do that. Although I cannot reverse the experience you had at our hotel, I can certainly promise to make your next stay comfortable if you decide to give us another chance. Our goal is to provide best service, comfortable stay at reasonable cost and to constantly learn from our experience and we will make every effort to do so.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

My guy and I, along with another couple stayed at the Red River Lodge last weekend from March 2 to March 4th, 2012. Our friends had to change their room three times:
the first room had water in the tub when they arrived which wouldn't drain and no fridge. The second room smelled like urine....finally they got a room that worked.

In our room the toilet kept running which my guy had to fix in order for us to flush the toilet. To my surprise there was only two bath towels, two hand towels and two face cloths??? One bar of soap for the sink that is separate from the bath tub and no soap for the bath.

We left a note for housekeeping to leave more towels and soap, but our request was not met.

The four of us decided to go for a drink in the lounge at the hotel. We seen an advertisment in both of our rooms that domestic beers were $2.00 a bottle. I confronted the waitress and she apparently didn't know anything about the advertisement we were talking about. We requested she phone the manager of the lounge to honor the advertising document.

She passed me the phone and the manager advised he didn't have any knowledge of this advertisement. I indicated that he should honor it as that would be good customer service. He then asked me how many drinks I had??? I asked him what does that have to do with this? Feeling insulted by his question, I asked him how old he was and how dare he assume I had been drinking or had too much to drink. I told him that I was probably alot older than him, which I was right. Finally, I asked him for the owners name and phone number because I felt as though I wasn't getting anywhere with him...nor did I believe the owner would do anything about our issue.

This place has terrible customer service, I would highly recommend dodging the Red River Lodge...and as they say.... you get what you pay for and I now I am a true believer.......

Room Tip: Poor customer service
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BarbM687

Since you were in the same room with the person writing review above this, I have addressed your concerns there. Please feel free to contact us if you have additional comments.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

very poorly maintained, false advertising in the lounge, not enough towels or soap and just a bad experiense over all. NOT RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank terry s

This is in connection with same issues presented in both reviews above this so please check my response to that. Thanks.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Room was cheap, but no heat was on so room was COLD upon arrival, (January in ND) once heater was turned on, it ran off and on constantly and so loud you could not sleep. Upon arriving home found many many bedbug bites. Treated all clothes and luggage and pray we didn't bring them home. Cost of spray in our home and to spray luggage and sheer nerves praying they don't show up here don't make this a cheap place in the end to stay!

Room Tip: check your mattress before you stay!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed December 12, 2011

This was a last minute trip, just an overnighter. I confess I picked it because of the price, but this was anything but cheap and nasty. The room was a little oddly set out (sink NOT in the bathroom) but that was all. Plenty of storage, nice TV (not that we spent a great deal of time watching it). There's a bar here which also serves food. The staff are super friendly (John, Kristen and her sister). The reception staff are nice too. Yes, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple