“Wonderful, clean hotel and 99% of the staff is friendly but.......”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Bloomfield, New York
“Wonderful, clean hotel and 99% of the staff is friendly but.......”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I arrived around 1pm to see if I could check in, and the lady at the front desk Jen, was more than helpful. She checked me in early even though I anticipated I would have to wait. I took my things to my room and it was so inviting. The room was very clean. But to my dismay I came back up to the lobby area to meet a friend, and the other front desk girl must have just been getting in at 4. She was yelling at Jen, and every other word out of that young girls mouth was a swear word. I came down later that evening to ask about rates for future stays and I noticed the young girls name was Kristen (director of awesomeness). Not very professional in my opinion. I would most definetly come back to stay if this young girl is not here!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank CharlesWebb
TharaldsonPropMgmt, Owner at Quality Suites, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
I want to thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that this issues has been addressed! We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as our staff. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Fargo Comfort Suites another try next time you stay in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Road Warrior
Reviewed May 23, 2010

It seems like everything in Fargo is a little run down and this hotel is no exception, not that its terrible or anything but it is a tad rough. I've actually stayed in this hotel several times and I'd probably return again but it's definitely nothing to get excited about, that's for sure.

The biggest problem I have with it is the room maintenance, it seems like practically everything in this hotel is jerry-rigged together. In my last stay the toilet broke and wouldn't flush, the sink didn't drain properly, parts of the fridge kept falling off, most of the lamps didn't work, I mean this place is held together with duct tape and chewing gum. I'd seriously doubt the owners have reinvested one single penny back into the hotel since it was built in the 1980's?? 1990's??

Also, I wouldn't exactly call this the cleanest Choice Hotel I've ever stayed in, it wasn't filthy but if the owners don't take any pride in their hotel its hard to expect the housekeepers too either.

On a positive note the beds are very comfortable here and one of the big reasons I keep coming back. Also, the location is good as well, easy access to a lot of shopping and dining options.

Overall, this hotel is just OK, I still rather stay there then the Econo Lodge or Comfort Inn next door as those hotels look even rougher. I originally booked the Econo Lodge but I dove up and saw a bunch of dirtballs hanging out the windows and precisely canceled that and booked the Comfort Suites instead. Not that the Comfort Suites is the Trump Tower or anything but it's not nearly the dump the Econo Lodge is.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Winnipeg
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I WAS CHARGED $79 FOR MY LEFT BEHIND PILLOW!!!! I am from Winnipeg and took a trip out to Fargo with my boyfriend and another couple. We really enjoyed our stay but upon leaving I remembered that I forgot my pillow in the room. I called back on way my home to ask them how much it would cost to ship it back (told them not to rush and send it for as cheap as possible) - I was quoted $12 but in the end was charged $79. The manager denied that his staff would ever quote me that cost and refused to pay for his own staffs mistakes. He was rude and could care less about the customers. Same goes for corporate office, sounds like this hotel is unaware of their own slogan "OUR CUSTOMERS COME FIRST" I will NEVER stay there again and I WILL TELL EVERYONE NOT TO EITHER!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels

SD
Reviewed January 30, 2010

We were staying in Fargo due to a family funeral. The Hotel manger was extremely sensitive to our situation and gave us a very good rate. When we arrived the manager was working at the front desk and he was extremely engaging, courteous and helpful. The hotel was in a good location right down the street from the mall. That came in handy as we found out that in our hurry to pack we didn't bring everything we needed for the trip and had a little shopping to do. Our rooms were very spacious and clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The swimming pool was nice but the hot tub kept breaking and the manager needed to keep fixing it for us. The breakfast was pretty good as well. When I stay in a hotel the two most important things to me are the quality/cleanliness of the room and how friendly/helpful the staff is. This hotel certainly isn't 5 star, but in our opinion it scored high where it matters and was an excellent overall value.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Rolla, MO
Reviewed September 10, 2009

Stayed here for one night on our way back from Theodore Roosevelt National Park. As with most Comfort Suites, the room was large, clean, and comfortable. Beds and pillows were excellent. Everything was in working order. The staff was courteous. We did not stay for the complimentary breakfast. Generally I don't care for continental breakfast spreads at hotels, but relatively speaking, it looked like one of the better ones including hot make-your-own waffles. All this came at a very reasonable price. Note that this location is two stories and does not have an elevator which is the only drawback I found at this location and could pose a problem for disabled or elderly. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Grand Forks
Reviewed April 23, 2009

I stay in a number of Choice Hotels around the country every year and this one is by far the most disappointing one I have stayed at. After reading several of the other reviews I had to give my two cents. I agree with the front desk person assesment. The gal that waited on us was more interested in getting outside to smoke then getting us checked in. Being a choice privilage member I asked for a room upgrage as it did not appear from the looks of the parking lot they were very busy. I was told that the manager said to never give upgrades, I mentioned the Choice Privelage club and she got a deer in headlight look, like what am I talking about. No big deal. Upon opening the room door, the heater was running and sounding like a freight train coming through. The carpet in the room could have been vacumed a little better, but the bathroom was nice, big and clean.
The breakfast room had plenty of tables available but the selection of items was pretty well picked over and it did not seem that the host was to interested in putting out any new items.

Overall I was very disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 19, 2008

We have stayed in several Comfort Suites and like them because they have a separation between the bed area and a couch and work area. This one, however, didn't measure up in quality to the others we've tried. The room seemed smaller and more cramped.

When we came into our assigned room, it was not very cool. Going to turn the AC down, I discovered that it was already set on the highest cooling level with just the fan blowing. When the compressor finally kicked in, it was so noisy that we knew we could never sleep with that going on. I went to the front desk and explained the situation, asking for a different room, as the one we had obviously needed maintenance. No apology was offered for us needing to move our luggage, etc., but another room was issued without complaint. However, the desk clerk did ask whether we had used anything in the bathroom, etc. I said no we hadn't. That indicated to me that they were going to issue this room to another party and hope they wouldn't complain!!

The second room we were given was fine. The AC worked, didn't sound like the local freight train, and it turned out to be an o.k. stay. Breakfast the next morning was adequate, etc.

I explained again as I checked out the next morning that the original room needed maintenance. Hopefully it was done. But those sorts of problems should be caught by housekeeping and never require the guests to have to change rooms.

• Liked — It was a Comfort Suites, and I like their room arrangements.
  • Disliked — Maintenance was lacking--had to change rooms because of a faulty air conditioner
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)