“Continues to go downhill - won't stay here again.”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Roseau
“Continues to go downhill - won't stay here again.”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a dozen times in the past 5 years but the past few times it has definitely gone downhill. Last time our reservation was messed up so we didn't have enough beds for our family members, even though we reserved an adequate room well in advance online. This time, the hot-tub quit working (the 3rd stay that has happened) even after we were told they had a new guy doing pool maintenance when we checked in and asked about it. The 2nd day, they ran out of towels, so I went down to the front desk the next morning to get some and they "didn't have any". I was told they were all gone - other guests had them. The front desk staff was very unprofessional and had a no-care attitude. Breakfast was poor and they ran out of coffee in the breakfast area and the lobby. Fargo has so many better choices than this one!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fort Frances, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed in a very nicely renovated room after being shuffled from the Quality Inn due to door issues. We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel lobby is lovely, the front desk people were very friendly with a greeting every time we walked past. There was new carpet down the hallways and it all looked fresh and clean. The pool is being kept up pretty well for being obviously old. The water was a nice temperature and the hot tub was small but functional. The water started off super hot but cooled as the jets went. There were iron bits circling around in the hot tub but it was quite functional. There were fresh fluffy pool towels. The room was very nice. It had a fridge/microwave/coffee maker/hair dryer/iron. It was obviously all updated (except the shower head) appeared to be new furniture too. The beds were pillow topped mattresses and very comfy. There were plenty of pillows on each bed and the sheets were smooth with a high thread count. Carpets were clean and new. TV was a nice big flat screen. Hotel had good strong WIFI that was free to guests. Noise was not an issue. Breakfast was the usual with waffles and scrambled eggs/bacon or sausage. the first day the eggs were rancid or something (really really really gross) but I ate a strawberry waffle instead. Something I hadn't seen or tried before. It was pink. Still not sure if I would choose it again (chose it by accident) But I'm not poorer for the experience anyways. I would definitely come back here with my family since the room easily sleeps six. Location was very good, close to the mall and movies and the conference we went to. Really enjoyed staying here.

Room Tip: a renovated room will be good.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Berwick
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Manager. This one is actually for your eyes that is of course if you read these reviews.

You need to better train your staff. Upon check in front desk clerk tried their best to upgrade room in the system, couldnt figure it out after 30 minutes.

Next, tried to give receipt for cash payment. Once again,couldn't figure it out.

Lastly, kids running around upstairs in hallway all night and all morning with no supervision. Not smart in this day and age. Come on management take better care of your staff and your guests.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tonyvas328

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels

North Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed in this motel for three days in mid March. 1st day at the breakfast bar the scrambled eggs and sliced bread were empty When they were finally replenished, the eggs were cold. Later that day the hot tub was out of service. Needed to send a fax but they told me their fax wasn't working.
There was no printer in the "business center". The third morning the hot water heater was not working. When I called the front desk to inquire about the lack of hot water for a shower I received a matter of fact, it will be fixed by noon. No apology, not even a hint of sorry in the voice.

I normally will choose a Choice Hotel chain motel because I have trusted in a level of quality and reasonable price. Obviously will never stay at this motel again.

Room Tip: There is an AmericInn next door. Go there.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard H
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed March 5, 2014

As a Choice hotel member I have looked at this property several times and passed,based on using Priceline for a better price elsewhere. I gave it a try and found its exactly what you pay for...that is....paid mid range money for a mid range hotel...nothing was incredible and nothing was horrible...outside appearance is good, parking lot clean. Lobby was nice with chairs for sitting with check in being fast and precise. Asked for usual room at the end of the hall upper level. Room was of average décor and about an 8 on cleanliness I would repeat without having to think twice. Found the best price using my AAA card

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Valley City
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Made reservations months in advance for an annual trip with the girls Christmas shopping. In spite of checking several times during that time, the hot tub didn't work. Check other reviews of their hot tub. Even called ahead the DAY we were arriving and they flat out lied and said it was working. At check in other guests were at the front desk complaining it hadn't worked their entire stay. Got a room for three of us, supposed to be a queen size fold out bed in the room and there was, but no bedding for it and the mattress was thin and torn. Safety lock came off in my hand when I opened the door. Breakfast WAS good, but it was offered till 9 am and the food was gone before 8 am. I have never done it before, but reported them to the BBB. We were upset since this is our one night together annually and things weren't as promised.

Room Tip: If you want a place to sleep overnight you are fine, if you want to use the hot tub, don't count...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michelle H
Dickinson, North Dakota, USA
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The room was dirty, the carpet had a dust perimeter all the way around the room! No hot water to take a shower in the morning! My wife's bed had stained sheets from who knows what! When went to the front desk to ask for a blanket for the sofa sleeper they told us they gave out the last one, without even a sorry! At the check-in the desk person was to involved in a conversation for attention for us! Overall don't waste your time to stay here! Also the sidewalks in the back parking lot were not cleared of snow and ice and I almost fell!! So referring to my title of my review buyer beware!!!

• Stayed January 2014