“Disappoining”

Econo Lodge West Fargo
Ranked #45 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Gave us a room that was 'freezing" with a beat up heater. Then gave us a better room...I an sure they reserved the room for 3rd party bookings.
Also needed change for drink machine and they would not exchange Canadian money. Said their bank wont take it.

very poor quality and service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Douglas H

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Loved it here had a bad experience elsware running low on cash first night awaiting refund from last motel very clean nice TVs great bed employees are great Dillon was more than inviting to my wife dog and I parking lot kinda small but can deff make due and will stay here again good breakfest

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 9mack3
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I rolled the dice as I always do by booking on Priceline. You never know what you're going to get if you bid. This time I got the West Fargo Econo Lodge, I've stayed in the other one before.

First, a few reviews mention the front desk staff don't seem to care about service. Well, when I checked in at 09:30 PM on a Friday my reservation for some reason was booked for the wrong days. The front desk staff were very friendly and mentioned that this type of thing happened several times this week alone. This is the first time I had an issue booking on Priceline. After about a half hour of them calling Priceline and waiting to get through the staff fixed everything. I got a room and was fairly happy with everything.
The beds are great, the hotel is close to everything you need including the mall. You can park and walk everywhere. The breakfast was good with breads, biscuits and sausage gravy, hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogourt, and 24 hour coffee.
My only complaints are the walls are a bit thin so it could be quieter and for some reason the shower never got hot enough (the bathroom tap would).

Overall, I'd be very happy to stay in this hotel again and want to thank the staff, especially the front desk staff for their hard work and hospitality.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room far away from the pool as it can get loud there.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2013

SUPER comfy beds & pillows that were very clean, (I could smell the bleach and detergent in the bedding which was a plus & made me even more comfy.) The room was nice and clean.... Good hot breakfast of eggs, bacon and waffles...there was also, boiled eggs, cold & hot cereal and yogurts.. the reception guy was very nice, even though he was tired from working an almost 12hr shift. (some can be crabby after a long day, especially when it's after midnight)..All in all, for just my fiancée and I stopping just to get a couple of hrs sleep before heading out to the Twins Cities AND getting this hotel rm at a low rate just below $60..I have no complaints what so ever.. the rooms are worth more if you ask me...especially since they give free hot breakfast. A recommend for anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

A clean and inexpensive stay in West Fargo, ND. Try to get an uneven number room because those on the backside of the hotel. Parking is basically on the side with even numbered rooms and there is a large busy Mexican restaurant with their parking on the same side.

Room Tip: Stay in an odd number room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

They had trouble checking us in. If I wouldn't have overheard them tell the people checking in before us about the hot water getting very hot, I would've never known. Be careful the hot water gets very hot, burning hot!! After unpacking, someone with a key came into our room, they gave our room to someone else too! Encountered staff arguing in the hallway. Very loud maids! Desk worker had a very very loud pickup he would start up and ref up the engine periodically, this was very very annoying. It could've been cleaner and unknown stains in furniture. Very thin walls, you heard everything from upstairs people in hallway, etc... We will never stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank D R
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The room was comfortable and the bed slept well. There wasn't any local information in the room, but the office did provide us with a TV channel listing. The Internet was down when I tried it,but it did come up later on and I was able to use it. The breakfast area was roomy enough and the food selection was a good variety. It met our needs for an overnight stay. The location makes it easy to get to, being right next to I - 29.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple