“Be careful !!!!”

Ranked #39 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg, Canada
“Be careful !!!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

If you like staff coming in through the middle of night while your sleeping this is the place to be. MAKE SURE to have all the locks on the door closed at all times if you don't staff just walk in without your consult. There is no organization here and while we were here we had staff visit us several times to see how long we were staying for or just to make sure someone is still using our room. The staff were completely lost onto what was happening in their hotel. While in the lobby there were like six guest they accidentally gave their rooms away so they had to be moved to another hotel.
One night was bad enough.
Never again

Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed November 27, 2013

On the positive side, it was quite and the service was good. The breakfast was ok and the pool and spa were working.

So we did have good sleep and decent breakfast and actually relaxed in the pool which is nice given how cold it is and everything we touched was cleaned and nothing smelled bad, so they are actually doing reasonable things to maintain the place, but there are a couple of things I gotta mention.

First one is the carpet. It has stains everywhere - in the hallway, in the room, in the lobby. These are old stains, I think they would need to replace the carpet to get rid of the stains. The second thing is the chlorine in the spa - way too much.

I happened to stay at a few hotels of this chain lately and this one looks definitely below the average level for the Quality Inns.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank heckfy
North Dakota
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel is in need of updating, but I rented two rooms for one night. Rooms were on first floor next to each other, bathrooms were small but clean, newer flat screen TV and small fridge. Good selection for breakfast. Paid around $67 per room. I would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Beausejour, Mb.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We tried this place again, and certainly do not feel it rates the name "Quality Inn". The hot tub was not hot. We were advised to go next door to Quality Inn Suites and use their hot tub. It wasn't hot either. There was hardly any water in it, and it was dirty.
What's with the Quality Inn places in Fargo???

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Calgary
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Avoid this dive...don't make the same mistake we did in assuming this would be meet the usual grade of Quality Inn standards....because it doesn't. What we couldn't get our minds around was how it even qualified to be in the franchise. There were holes in the doors, the fire alarm went off when the heater was turned on, and the area in general just didn't feel safe. When we tried to get another room the guy at the front desk ignored us because he was too busy on the computer, so we finally cancelled the room and checked into the Fairfield Inn for just a bit more $ but 100 x better and seemed much safer. We travel a lot and this was a first for us to ever check out of one place and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Best room is at the Fairfield Inn
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Perennial-Patti
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 3, 2013

As someonue who spends about half the year in hotels, my last stay at this hotel ranks as the very worst. Let me count the ways...When my wife arrived ahead of me to check in with our reservation, she first had to wait at the front desk for that person to finish her heater before she could bother to help a customer. My wife was with our 2-year old and arrived around 1:00 PM. Despite the fact that we are elite members of the chain, they would not even consider allowing a slightly early check-in. Upon my check-in, the desk person was exceedingly unpleasant, mentioning something about having to fill in for someone. The carpeting in the hotel was quite dirty. I also noticed a sizable area of visible mold on the ceiling of our unit. As a favor, I informed staff of the situation for follow-up after we left. They apparently took offence to this. My wife requested, then received permission for a late check-out time, however before this agreed time had arrived, the staff unexpectedly tried breaking into the room. I don't think I saw a smile or heard a pleasant word from a staffperson my entire stay. From top to bottom, this place had all the charm of a WWII German concentration camp. Enjoy your stay! Don't say I didn't warn you!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Well, it is clean. The continental breakfast was fine, all the usual items found in this breakfast concept. The beds ARE clean. The basics are okay. I am trying to be nice here given that we only paid on average, $65.00 a night. However, the hotel needs upgrading. The carpets are worn out, doors are badly marked, and so on. The really unfortunate thing was the pool and hot tub. Well, the pool wasn't clean and the hot tub was a "warmish" tub. There are many hotels that are back to back to back on the street that the Quality Inn resides. The Days Inn looked pretty good from the outside in comparison as did the AmericInn. This is really too bad as we have been ChoiceHotels users for the past few years. This brings the company down a notch, unfortunately.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family