All reviews porter creek attached restaurant lobby area is very nice front desk beautiful hotel balcony room spacious clean rooms business trip presidential suite great room complimentary breakfast is older kids hard boiled eggs would highly recommend this hotel water slides would stay here again family wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Wow! Easily one of the best hotels I’ve stayed in, and I do travel a lot. This hotel was very clean, had ice water in the HUGE beautiful lobby and great room, and the staff was above and beyond friendly. Our double queen beds were super comfortable, and the decor was so pretty. It was a huge bonus to have a curtain that slid properly and easily! In the great room there were loads of tables- high tops, and regular ones, as well as cushy chairs. Lovely space, and we enjoyed the fireplace that warmed us one night! There was coffee 24 hours which was a bonus as we talked with extended family til late into the evening!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Clare H, General Manager at Clubhouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Oh my goodness! Thank you for such a glowing and amazing review, Jilly070!

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your kind words of praise regarding our property overall, our guestrooms and our team. I was also happy to know that you were able to enjoy a cup of coffee by the fireplace in our Great Room. I couldn't agree with you more - It is a terrific gathering space and we love when our guests can take advantage of it!

Thank you again for taking the time to let me know about your experience and we absolutely will look forward to welcoming you back to the ClubHouse Hotel & Suites the next time you are in the Fargo area!

Reviewed April 6, 2019

I stayed here for two nights during a business trip in the week. The room was very comfortable and breakfast was good. There was a spot in the bathroom that wasn't cleaned (honestly easy to miss), but they came and cleaned it again right after I asked. The restaurant connected to the hotel was very convenient for eating late at night. The food there was amazing. Overall the staff was friendly and checkin and checkout was quick. I booked the room through Expedia too, so I got a good discount on my stay.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2019

Nice newer hotel, colours and decor all worth mentioning. Checkin was easy but there was a cleaning staff issue causing a delay for room, not a huge issue but it did happen. We had noise with people (kids) running in the halls til well after midnight and we were on the top (4th) floor so it does take away from the getaway. Breakfast was alright but nothing outstanding and unfortunately with society not cleaning up after themselves (not totally the hotel's fault) the area's untidiness takes away from it as well. Now it has been a long time since I have stayed in a hotel where the shower went ice cold and would not heat up, 6 times on my shower and 3 times for my wife. That in itself is a reason to avoid the hotel. Went to pass this along on check out but they were training and was not interested in that ordeal. There again was not asked how the stay was. Hard to believe it had a 9.2 rating on my booking website.

Room tip: Was on south side thinking quieter but was not
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Clare H, General Manager at Clubhouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Hello kirkd158,

Thank you for the TripAdvisor review. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback as without it there is no way for us to improve, so again, thank you!

I was, however, disappointed to hear that we missed the mark on your most recent stay. I am very sorry about that. We are constantly striving to exceed our guests' expectations so I am disheartened to read that this was not the case. Please know that I will be looking into the shower issue that you mentioned immediately and I will be using your review as a training tool for our team going forward. I concede that we did have a trainee at our front desk, however, there is no excuse for the two of them to not inquire as to how your stay was. I would also like to apologize on behalf of the poor manners displayed by other guests. I would like to assure you that we do our very best to patrol the hallways in order to prevent any noise issues, but unfortunately it does not sound like we were successful this time.

Thank you again for the review and I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn the rating you observed on your booking site as I know we are more than capable of exceeding it. We very much value your business and please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any further questions or concerns as it would be my pleasure to personally assist you.

Reviewed March 19, 2019

I had 1 room 2 nights for me and my wife and 1 room 1 night for my daughter her husband and their 2 boys. We wanted to to pick up some food and eat it together in the hotel. There was a party of 70 people in the lobby / breakfast area so there was no available table or seating. Of course that very large party should have had a private room. Your front desk staff agreed, but would not allow us or them to have a private room. So we went to the pool no towels. The front desk staff said there were none available. Morning shower water was warm not hot. Went to the pool extreme chlorine smell. Everyone’s eyes burned still no towels. A large black bag full of garbage remained at the elevator by our rooms the entire stay. Elevator floor had shards of broken glass. The staff was uncaring. I cancelled our second nights stay.

Room tip: Other ClubHouse locations have been very good.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Clare H, General Manager at Clubhouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2019

Dear E1015LEdanl,

Thank you for the TA review.

As mentioned in my email, I very much appreciate you taking the time to let me know about your experience.

I would again like to apologize for missing the mark during your recent visit. I was extremely disappointed, and quite frankly, embarrassed, to read about the issues that you mentioned. Please know that this is in no way a typical experience and does not by any means meet our expectations. Please know that I will be addressing our entire team and will be using your message as a re-training tool.

We have since purchased more pool towels and I did verify that all of our levels were safe and at a normal level in our pool area. Unfortunately, the space is on the smaller side and it is a very popular destination during the weekends. Thank you again for bringing it to our attention. I am also sorry to hear that you were not able to take advantage of our Great Room. It is a public space available to all of our guests, but opening up our meeting space is something that I am open to discussing. Finally, please know that I have already addressed cleanliness issues you stated regarding the bag of garbage and the elevator. I am, again, sorry about that and can assure you that it will not be an issue again.

As we truly value your business, I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to turn this negative into a positive. However, I understand should you decide not to. Please know that I have applied a 50% discount to your guestroom and I am very sorry about your recent stay. Thank you for the email and please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns as it would be my pleasure to personally assist you.

Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

We had a large group of family members staying at the hotel for a family wedding. I had to change my reservation a number of times and the evening desk clerk,Medhi, was very helpful, friendly, and took time to explain my options. We had a number of children and teens that enjoyed the pool. The deluxe continental breakfast was excellent. It shuts down by 10:00 a.m. so don’t be late. The breakfast area had ample seating and gathering space which we used to visit and play games. All and all we enjoyed our stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family