“Locally owned with aromatic, superb menu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Toscana

Toscana
Ranked #49 of 330 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: Italian, French, European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Moorhead MN
“Locally owned with aromatic, superb menu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have never been disappointed in the delicious menu items served here. Everyone I have taken here, has enjoyed the dining experience with it's cozy, comfortable,warm and enticing aromatic atmosphere. This Italian fare restaurant with gracious servers, is a welcome treat. Dining here is like coming home...

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank SueMoorheadMN

Fargo, North Dakota
“A Taste Experience Worth Your Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

I met a friend here for lunch a couple of weeks ago. From the moment we walked in to when we left, delicious aromas wafted throughout the dining rooms. Thank goodness, we couldn't gain weight from them!

The menu offers a wide choice of selections including red meats, poultry and seafood entrees. They also offer salads and for those interested in something a little heartier, soup and salad combinations. I chose a salad featuring fresh greens covered with rich steak slices, artichoke hearts and tomatoes and thin slices of quality parmesan cheese. The dressing was a pesto on the side. My meal was so generous, I was able to take home half and enjoy it again for dinner! The service is quite good; our waiter's name was Giuseppe so I had to ask if that is his real name (NOT likely in Fargo!). It wasn't and he shared an amusing story with us for wearing that name instead of his own. I like the gentle humor of a restaurant that allows this kind of playing with food, er, I mean, diners!

This was my third visit to Toscana; the other times were for dinner with my husband and on both occasions the meals were excellently prepared and served; the wine list complimented the foods we chose. As I mentioned, the portions are plentiful and if your appetite is small, either sharing or requesting a take-home box is not a problem.

As stated in other reviews, the restaurant is small so I highly recommend reservations, especially for an evening meal. We reserved for our lunch just to be sure. We had met to work on a project and we stayed longer than a lunch diner might remain. However, we did ask Giuseppe if it were alright to continue sitting there, long after he'd cleared away our plates. We were in a choice window location and I believe it never hurts for passers-by to see customers in a restaurant but I also believe it's better to ask! He graciously said it was not a problem.

I don't know about outdoor seating; they are on a downtown corner and it may be available in summer but I'm not sure. The view is nothing special but the interior itself is so attractively decorated and the aromas surrounding its diners so rich, I doubt if anyone minds! Parking after 5 PM should not pose any problems; if it's a long lunch you're looking for, I'd suggest using a paid parking lot (one is located just behind the restaurant on 2nd Ave) as Fargo's street parking has 90-minute restrictions and you could end up with a fine. You wouldn't want to spoil your dinner!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank robynwimmer1
Oakdale, MN
“absolutely wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Why this venue is #16 on the list is behind me....it is #1 on yelp. SERVICE OUTSTANDING!! MENU SELECTION!!!! Many choices for land, sea and pasta. Atmosphere is excellent. This is an amazing Italian restaurant in Fargo. My colleague had a steak which he said was perfect, I had a mixed seafood platter which was also excellent. They closed at 8 pm on the night we were there so check the hours. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND AND WILL RETURN!!

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank tiggersail
Buxton, North Dakota
“Excellent dinner and quiet atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

My wife and I were given a gift certificate (more like $50) from our best friends that reside in Fargo, telling us we need to visit this restaurant. They did tell us, its a smaller place so calling ahead was recommended. We called ahead and on Tuesday evening at 7pm there were no issues getting in. The food was excellent. Because it was my wife's b-day we splurged and ordered an appetizer of calamari. Delicious! Both my wife's and mine main dishes were excellent and more than either of us could eat. Left overs were also tasty. Service was a bit slow but we were not in a rush and enjoyed our time together. If you are looking for a place for a romantic evening and excellent food, make sure to give Toscana a visit.

• Visited February 2012
4 Thank hunterhersh
United Arab Emirates
“Best food around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

Best food, hands down, in Fargo. Fresh, interesting flavor combinations. My chicken scalopini ($8.75) was a grilled chicken breast, fettucine, some tomatoes, mushrooms, and bacon. I kept wondering, "What is this tang in the sauce?" Oh! It's actual, genuine lemon in the lemon basil sauce, instead of an artificial lemon flavor.
We went for lunch, and the prices were very reasonable ($9 something for husband's including shrimp).
We had super-speedy service, unlike some of the other reviewers. Perhaps it depends on when you go? Who you get?
Bread with olive oil & spices were fresh and very flavorful.
Seriously, this stomps the heck out of Olive Garden. Price and atmosphere are better. Definitely will return.

• Visited March 2012
4 Thank Leezer1015

Been to Toscana? Share your experiences!