“Needs Major overhaul”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #84 of 335 Restaurants in Fargo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've been to IHOPs that are great but this one in Fargo needs major improvement in service, cleanliness, and food. Food: the bacon is anorexicly thin and small. Pancakes are good portions but their crepes are on the small side so if you order the crepes for breakfast you will go away hungry and I am a petite woman. Maybe this restaurant is downsizing all their meals but couple years ago the omelettes and crepes were a lot bigger than they are now yet the prices have gone up. I'd like to compare IHOPs but haven't gone outside of Fargo to eat at one lately. Cleanliness: When we were there, it wasn't that busy ( late lunch),the floors were a mess, our booth seats and table had crumbs, and service was slow. So for the $$ I would say go to Perkins, T N T Diner ( West Fargo) and Mom's Kitchen. These last 2 are foods that grandma use to make! Mom's Kitchen also has 6 choices of soup and a great salad bar!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a regular IHOP with great service and food. The restaurant was clean that the food was delicious.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was my first time at an IHOP and I would not go again. It is quite expensive for very mediocre food. I think if you are a big fan of pancakes, there are some good choices, but everything else was pretty blah.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This place is in the heart of hotel and shopping land so it is very busy. We were told the wait was 20 mins when we arrived but it was under 10 mins by the time we were seated. Our server was very attentive and brought us coffees right away - the coffee was hot and quite good. The food also came out in a very reasonable time, but it was oddly very cold considering it looked and tasted fresh-made (waffles, eggs, sausages & pancakes, eggs, bacon).

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife usually orders the Swedish crepes when visiting the Fargo IHOP so when we complained that the crepe was less than satisfactory, the waitress indicated that they changed the recipe. Instead of a crepe, we received a thin pancake which is not the same thing. While the waitress was willing to exchange the crepes for something else, it was obvious to us that she was unhappy with the additional work we created for her. We always stopped at this IHOP when coming through Fargo, but never again.

1  Thank dtapper