“As usual IHOP serves great food” 4 of 5 bubbles

IHOP
Ranked #91 of 329 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canada
“As usual IHOP serves great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a regular IHOP with great service and food. The restaurant was clean that the food was delicious.

Visited May 2013

Winnipeg, Canada
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was my first time at an IHOP and I would not go again. It is quite expensive for very mediocre food. I think if you are a big fan of pancakes, there are some good choices, but everything else was pretty blah.

Visited March 2013
Steinbach, Canada
“Tasty, but Cold (and Busy Place)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

This place is in the heart of hotel and shopping land so it is very busy. We were told the wait was 20 mins when we arrived but it was under 10 mins by the time we were seated. Our server was very attentive and brought us coffees right away - the coffee was hot and quite good. The food also came out in a very reasonable time, but it was oddly very cold considering it looked and tasted fresh-made (waffles, eggs, sausages & pancakes, eggs, bacon).

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cass Lake, MN
“Disappointing Swedish Crepes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife usually orders the Swedish crepes when visiting the Fargo IHOP so when we complained that the crepe was less than satisfactory, the waitress indicated that they changed the recipe. Instead of a crepe, we received a thin pancake which is not the same thing. While the waitress was willing to exchange the crepes for something else, it was obvious to us that she was unhappy with the additional work we created for her. We always stopped at this IHOP when coming through Fargo, but never again.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank dtapper
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“First Time I Tried Crepes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

It was late on a Thursday night, about 11:30pm, when I stopped by with an appetite for breakfast. (Yeah, I know, that late at night and I wanted breakfast. Go figure.) I was also in the mood to try something new, so crepes it was.

The young lady waited on my booth was incredibly friendly and easy to talk with, even taking the time to try to describe what exactly a crepe was to me. She didn't try to sell them on me, but she did say she really enjoyed them...which was enough of a sell, I guess. I then ordered the Swedish crepes (with lingonberries (sp?)) with scrambled eggs (what I was really looking for), sausage links, and regular iced tea.

The eggs were spot on, easily satisfying that craving, and the links were good, too, although they seemed to have a slightly different spicing to them. The crepes I just couldn't get into. The berries I enjoyed, but the crepes themselves seemed to have a sort of greasy texture and appearance, neither of which really helped the taste. Like I said, this was my first time trying them, so I don't know if that's what they're normally like. Still, I did finish them off (yeah, I was that hungry). The waitress asked me what I thought of them and when I gave her an unimpressed shrug, she said that they weren't for everybody; I guess crepes are just an acquired taste.

All in all, I will go back to this and other IHops. I just won't be having the crepes again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to IHOP? Share your experiences!