“Can't go wrong for lunch price”

HuHot Mongolian Grill
Ranked #36 of 338 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Mongolian
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

For $7.50 during lunch hours, you really can't go wrong. It's all you can eat! Some other reviewers complain about the quality of the food, but I haven't had an issue. Plus, you pick what you want, so if you don't like it, who's fault is that?

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Seriously, this is some of the worst "food" I've had the displeasure of eating. It tastes as if someone opened the econo-food service can of bland and slathered it with ultra salty soy sauce and then let a twenty something carelessly cook it while I have to listen to their ignorant work banter. I overheard one of the cooks tell another about a "documentary" that he had watched that (shockingly) said that humans had a single ancestor, and that we are of a single race. Both "chef's" were shocked at that revelation, and I nearly knocked myself out by slapping my own forehead.

Oh, but we should also mention the atmosphere of this atrocious strip mall eatery. It's buffet style eating of worst variety. People are constantly milling about you as you dine, due to the nature of it's design. You file up to the buffet filled with uncooked food items (again, of the cheapest and most tasteless variety), fill your bowl with stuff, ladle on some mystery sauce, and then watch as someone who doesn't care simply toss the watery mess onto a large griddle. The whole time, children are running underfoot, strip mall shoppers are milling about you constantly, and everyone is desperately trying to ignore that you're packed in cheek by jowl to a stranger. Even when you get to your seat, it's impossible to get away from the throngs of people attempting to pack away the tasteless morsels as if there's a five pound minimum on the contents of your stomach, measured at the door on your way out. (OK, that last bit it isn't quite true...) If you like D grade meat (is there feces in this? how does it taste so horrible?), vegetables of indiscernible age and origin (besides the fact that they come from an econo food service can, school lunch style), and a loud and rushed atmosphere of gluttony, Hu Hot is for you. If you like food and or the health of your body, avoid this place like the plague.

I feel terrible for those who have rated this eatery (pig trough) above 1 star (seriously why is there no 0 star rating?), as it means they haven't yet discovered the pleasures of eating well prepared food. I guess there's no accounting for personal taste. I will NEVER return. You've been warned...

2  Thank bill b
Reviewed November 5, 2013

After living in the area for years, I finally returned here after a three year absence and could not think of anything better than a couple trips to the Hu Hot. The BEST and absolutely freshest selection of veggies, meats and especially sauces. Price is fair, considering you can just keep eating and eating. The sauces are what make the meal at these types of places though, and the Hu Hot offers more and better quality than anyone else. The staff is fun and what is unique here, at least in my experience with Mongolian grills, the cleanest and tidiest one of them all. The staff actually actively cleans out the sauce bins and stray veggies. The meat is good quality and all the sides are wonderful as well.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I love Mongolian grill. I love all the options they have from meat, noodles, veggies and sauces. That also have a kids menu which is a big plus! The chocolate cake for desert was very good.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stopped for lunch on Friday. The server seated us promptly, gave us menus, explained how it worked and about the sauces. My husband had the sampler with egg rolls, pot stickers and crab rangoon and I opted for the Mongolian BBQ. The selection is very good - pork, beef, chicken, imitation crab, noodles (3), veggies, pineapple, tofu, make your own sauce or take a recipe card and mix up one of the recommended sauces. After taking your food to the grill - which was constantly being cleaned - you wait for your food to be cooked and everyone shuffles left. After you received you cooked food you can add sesame, seeds, peanuts and more. It was fast, tasted great and was reasonably priced. It isn't fancy, it's an average chain but the food as I said is fast, hot and good. We would go back again.