“Great Woodfired Food.”

Doolittles Woodfire Grill
Ranked #2 of 330 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Featuring woodfired rotisserie cooking, Doolittles Woodfire Grill is an experience that ignites all of your senses! The woodfired rotisserie grills meat over an open flame for a savory wood roasted flavor. The rotation of the rotisserie creates self basting and slow roasting skewers resulting in juicy and succulent meats such as Spit-Roasted Chicken, and Smoked Hanger Steak with Horseradish-Whipped Potatoes and Red Wine Demi. Doolittles boasts over 60 wines by the bottle and 30 selections by the glass. Warm, relaxing atmosphere...come as you are!
Midwest USA
“Great Woodfired Food.”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Ribs are fall off the bone. Roast chicken about melts in your mouth.
I always have the Combo Ribs & Chicken meal. It's always great.
I can't say the same for all of the Doolittle's restaurants however. But the Fargo restaurant shines.
Anytime I have been there myself I never left disappointed, and when I met with others - they thought the same.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank 1_TravelerMidwestUSA

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good Place to Eat”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

A bit noisy in this restaurants that I believe was an Applebee's before. We had the Flatbread which was okay -- nothing to rave about but my husband had the Rotisserie Chicken Sandwich which was absolutely delicious!

There are TV's up and a bar area in the middle of the restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
Lowell, IN
“Lots of buck with little bang”
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We went to this restaurant after several people recommended it to us. We went around 9pm on a Monday night, and the restaurant was pretty much empty. We were seated right away, and our server took our drink orders. Even though three of the four of us ordered water, it took about 10 minutes to get our drinks. This should have been our omen about the service we were about to receive. We then ordered our food. One of us ordered soup and 2 of us ordered salad. When the salads arrived, my father asked for extra dressing, the waitress told us sure, no problem, then didn't bring it. We had to flag her down and ask again. He was pretty much done by the time she brought it. Another issue we had was that the kitchen is open to the restaurant, so you can watch food being prepared. Our food was done and sat on the warming counter for a good 10 minutes before it was brought out. I would understand if they were busy, but there was only one other table seated at the time. Our food was pretty good, I ordered their signature chicken, which was very tasty, but it was the smallest 1/2 chicken I have ever seen. The mashed potatoes and gravy it was served with was good, but the vegetables were mediocre. My mother ordered the prime rib sandwich, which was also tasty, but I was shocked by how small the sandwich was. It cost about $11, and had very little meat and the bread wasn't very large either. My father had ordered the walleye, and it was a generous sized piece of fish and tasted decent. There were some bones in it, but that can happen with fish. My husband ordered the chicken and ribs combo. Again, the food was tasty, but the server told him it was a half rack of ribs, but when it was served it was a third rack at best. He was given 1/4 of a chicken and it was a pretty small serving. For the price of $18.95, it was too much for the amount you received. Overall, the food we received was tasty, but for the price you pay, it is just not worth it. My chicken dinner was $16.95, but you can go and order the same exact thing at Boston Market, get a bigger portion, and pay $8. Also, our server was terrible. She never checked on us, didn't refill our drinks or bring requested items, and then messed up our bills. We ended up just paying it as is because we waited for her for so long to come back that we just got tired of it and took the difference off of her tip. I will not be returning any time soon.

1 Thank Rebecca C
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Died and went to Heaven”
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

I can not say enough about Doolittle's Hanger Steak. It absolutely melts in your mouth, not to mention the flavor. The Walleye Fingers for an app, steak with a great glass of wine. Heaven. I can say nothing bad about this restaurant. Has become one of my favs of all time.

Fargo, North Dakota
“Spit Chicken”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Spit Chicken, fish tacos, great wine selection, yummy rosemary bread and great staff

Visited June 2012

Been to Doolittles Woodfire Grill? Share your experiences!