“Best Western LOL Worst Western”
Review of Ramada Fargo

Ramada Fargo
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Find another hotel. We traveled across the northern states while traveling from ON To AB staying in 4 different hotels, Ramada Inn in Grand Forks ND, Super 8 in Havre MT, Fairfield in Billings MT and this Best Western in Fargo. The Best Western was the most expensive almost double the Super 8 and by far the worst I've ever stayed in. Breakfast was not included in this hotel but was in two of the others. I asked for queen beds and got doubles. The hotel was dirty and under renovations. It was noisy all night and when we got up in the morning the hallway was littered with empty beer cans and bottles. Reminded me of a hotel that catered to hockey teams. There was a restaurant in the hotel that was suppose to open at 7 am but when we went down for breakfast at 7:05 am they weren't ready yet, ended up at a Perkins just down the road. Will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Check out the room and hotel before staying
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Tim,

I apologize for your poor experience while you stayed with us. We do not offer a complimentary breakfast but we do offer a breakfast special for $2.99 that includes eggs prepared to your liking, hash browns and toast. As you also touched on, we are currently undergoing some renovations so that we can provide even a better value to our guests. I do apologize for it being messy while this has been going on. I hope that you will consider staying with us again once our renovations are completed.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

2nd time at this property and was again completely satisfied. Close to the good shopping, interstate, and airport. Quick shuttle service and available long term parking. Staff went out of their way to assist us. Couldn't ask for a more satisfying experience. Will be going back again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for main floor away from front street
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Howster44,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave us a comment on your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed both of your stays! We do believe that customer service will make or break any experience and I am happy to hear that our staff went above and beyond for you. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

This hotel needs to be better maintained, the hallways were filthy dirty, cigarette butts on the ground both in and outside of the door. The rooms are dated and the beds need to be replaced. the food in the restaurant is average at best.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

M&B_Hall,

Thank you for leaving a review on your previous stay with us. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations as our guest. We actually are having new carpet installed in our hallways just next week, December 16th. I hope that the next time you are in Fargo you will consider staying with us and enjoying the upgrades we are making to our property.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Very positive experience, from check-in thru check-out. Front desk personnel were very helpful and fun to talk with. Continental breakfast was very good; simple but food options changed by day(big cuts of ham, yeah). Very comfortable bed, bar/lounge has great options for minimal dollars, i.e. taco bar for $3.00 bucks all you can eat. I love this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ted,

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in Fargo.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We booked Into the hotel to sleep and we had couldn't because of a loud wedding being held on the 1st floor. The rooms were very old, window did not keep the -40 out and noise was terrible. Why would a hotel but a party room above my room that I was suppose to be sleep in.

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for leaving comments on your previous stay. I apologize that you experienced an excess amount of noise due to the wedding we were holding. We try to place all guests who are attending the event near the room first as to keep the others in a quieter area. I hope the next time you are in Fargo you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Keep recharging card. Don't know what they are doing. Attitudes and even hang up on you. Terrible. They won't even give me a straight answer. Manager blames general manager and vice versa. Very bad service. Never experienced this before at any other hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013

Amy,

I apologize that you were not happy with the way Debit Cards are processed at our facility. As we discussed on the phone, the authorization should have dropped off of your card from the first stay your partner had at our hotel. I trust that the authorization did come off and that everything appears correct on your statement.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel. Experienced numerous problems. Rooms smelt like sewer gas. Food crumbs found in sofa bed. Restauraunt could not even make toast and eggs to our satisfaction. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Keith,

I would like to apologize that you had experienced issues during your stay and that we did not meet or exceed your expectations as our guest. I can assure you that I have addressed the issues you brought up with our Engineer, our Executive Housekeeper and our Chef. I truly do hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Fargo.