“Jekyll & Hyde, but mostly Hyde”
Review of Ramada Fargo

Ramada Fargo
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Prescott, Arizona
“Jekyll & Hyde, but mostly Hyde”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Comfortable bed, good window-based climate control. Quiet top-floor end room, pleasant staff. Good shower pressure. But....

Food in restaurant barely edible. Very limited menu anyway. Bathroom wall had unfilled holes from previous towel bar. Existing towel bar cheapest available. Shower curtain supports bent. Towels extremely worn. One cheap shampoo, paper-wrapped soap, plastic cups. No HBO or Showtime on TV. Floor sufficiently dirty that I had to request vacuuming. Some damaged or peeling wallpaper. Wallpaper pulling away from where wall meets ceiling. Small room. Battered furniture.

Fargo offers other options.

Printer broken in Business Center. Couple checking out ahead of me complained of mold "crawling up the walls" in their room.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, be sure to get a top floor room, preferably at the end of a hallway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Alan F,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your stay at our property. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of your bed and that our staff was pleasant. I would like to apologize for the other issues you experienced, though. I can assure you that the products we put in our guest rooms are of commercial grade and the shampoo and soap are Best Western approved products. I would also like to let you know that we had to order a new printer for the business center, as the “printer head” went out in the one we did have. It arrived two days after your departure. I hope that the next time you are in Fargo, you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here at end of September as we were heading south for a bit. Had a gift card which was the reason we stayed here. Otherwise it would have cost over $100 a nght

At this stage would not recommend this hotel until they picked up their socks and started maintaining the hotel overall. The room we stayed in was small, outdated and worst of all dirty. You could rub your finder along the headboard and take it would be covered in dust. Also the floor by the side of the bed was dirty.

There was no free breakfast but the hotel did have a restaurant in it. We had breakfast there and it was probably one of the greasiest breakfast I have ever had. Like the grill was never cleaned

Other than spending money on upgrades, the cleanliness of both the hotel and restaurant are easy fixes which management should address.

On the upside, the checkin was fast and friendly and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
gimili,

On behalf of our entire team here at the Doublewood, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping Department, Kitchen and Front Desk. I can assure you that they have been addressed and taken care of. I am pleased to hear that you found our Front Desk Staff to be friendly and efficient. I hope that the next time you are in Fargo, you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again.

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Fargo, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel meet most of our needs. The restaurant/lounge was a nice amenity, however, paying for breakfast each morning could get spendy... The overall cleanliness of the hotel could be upgraded. A little more attention to detail, could make a vast improvement....Staff was very accommodating regarding requests for extra towels and bedding... Nice pool area and numerous tables and lounge chairs. Great climbing wall and lily pads for kids to play on in pool.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Sarah W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your stay. I would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations in every aspect of your stay. I have reviewed your concerns with the appropriate departments to ensure we improve on each detail. I am pleased to here, however, that you found our staff very accommodating and enjoyed the amenities we have to offer! I hope that the next time you are in Fargo, you will allow us another opportunity to serve you as our guest.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We used points to stay at this hotel. Very glad I didn't spend money on this hotel. It was old, pool was dirty and had some strange slimy algae in the corner, hallways were dirty and had a strange odour.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Angela M,

I would like to apologize for not meeting, and exceeding your expectations as our guest. I wanted to touch on the pool issue that you mentioned… What you actually see in the bottom corners of the pool is a buildup of sand. Our pool incorporates a sand filter into it, and slowly but sure some of it sneaks out into the pool. I did pass that note along to our Maintenance staff to be making sure we are staying on top of it so that guests do not get the perception that it is anything but clean and ready to go! Thank you for writing us a review, and we hope that the next time you are in Fargo, you will consider staying with us again.
Grand Forks, North Dakota
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We came to our second wedding reception here and it was phenomenal! We enjoyed every aspect of this hotel, our family had a great time catching up with friends and family we haven't seen in a long while and had a wonderful weekend. The food was GREAT and we really enjoyed th band in the lounge over the weekend. Thanks Doublewood for the great time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for the review! I am very pleased to hear that everything went well for you and for the wedding you attended. We hope that you will be back for many more weddings and we can continue to provide you with great customer service!
London, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The staff at this hotel were absolutely amazing! Every staff member acknowledged me with a friendly hello and a smile. I was warmly greeted the second i walked through the door. Because i am a diamond member and there was availability, i was upgraded to the biggest suite they had in a quiet area of the hotel. I was given coupons for free hot breakfast and casino games. The room was beautiful with all the amenities you might expect. My remote didn't work and when i called, a new one arrived within 2 minutes. The room was extremely spacious, clean and comfortable bed. I had car trouble and because i was by myself i was in a bit of a panic. My husband called the hotel from Canada and asked if anyone could possibly help. Along came Tim (assistant manager) in his white shirt and dress pants but eager to help with my car. He spent a good half an hour fixing my problem and he did get a bit dirty but didn't seem to care. Afterwards he asked me if there was anything else he could do for me. This hotel has a beautiful restaurant reasonably priced and a casino on site. All this for under $100.00! Stay here and you will feel at home. Outstanding! Great job BW staff!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Cathy,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review on your stay. I am very pleased to hear that our staff was able to make such a positive impact on your stay. We truly believe that the customer service level we provide our guest is the most important aspect of their stay. I will definitely be passing along the comments you left to the rest of our staff, and I know they will appreciate to hear what you have to say about them! I hope that in the future, your car doesn’t give you any more troubles and that the next time you are in the area, you will allow us to serve you again!
Fargo, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Terribly dirty hotel!! Very disappointed!!! Very expensive!! If we're going to pay more than any other Best Western hotels that we stayed at this weekend, then it better be the nicest one we stay in & it was the wasn't, it was the worst!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anthony S, General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Brooke Z,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your stay. I want to apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectations as our guest. We take the feedback that we get very seriously. I wanted to let you know that I will do my best to find what employees interacted with you during your stay, and to see where it is we dropped the ball with you. Thank you again for the review and we hope that the next time you are in Fargo you will consider staying with us again so that we can show you what you experienced is not the norm