“Loud dirty noisy did I mention noisy????”
Review of Ramada Fargo

Ramada Fargo
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Well it's almost midnight and I have to be on the road at 4:15. I've enjoyed hearing the room next doors detailed sexual history for last twenty minutes. Is it possible for walls to amplify sound waves??? When you exit the elevator and see pizza boxes, an empty case of miller lite and a half dozen teenage kids propping open the door to the stairs.... You know it's going to be a fantastic stay. Speaking of doors. They slam with vibrato here. Great resonance.... O there's the familiar clinging sound of empty beer bottles being dropped off in the hallway.

If you want a place to party during the weekend. Come here....... if you desire rest on a road trip. You'd be better off sleeping in your car.

Room is outdated. Mine is unclean still has the beer rings on the dresser from the last victim to stay here. Wi-Fi is free though.

• Stayed: February 2013
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on your recent stay. We appreciate hearing directly from our guests as that helps us to focus our efforts. I want to apologize for the way your stay turned out. As you pointed out we had a couple of wrestling groups in our hotel, as they were here for a tournament. We do have security here at the hotel, but unfortunately it is difficult to dictate when a guest might set their garbage out in the hallway (pizza boxes or empty beers). I know that our staff did take care of it once it was brought to their attention. Thank you again for your review and we hope that the next time you are in Fargo you will consider us again.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have stayed here on numerous occasions and couldn't be happier. The staff are professional and caring; the on-site restaurant and lounge are a nice touch after a long travel day. The value for price is excellent. We have had many meals here and the food was always tasty and certainly comparable to other venues within the area. The pool facilities are well kept and clean, lots to do for all ages. We have used the fitness facilities and they are suitable and easy to use for folks of all ages. The only suggestion I would have is the availability of foam pillows for those of us with feather allergies.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, this is one of few 2 story hotels with an elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for your response, we are happy to hear you enjoy your stays when staying with us! We pride ourselves on the customer service that we provide and being able not only meet your expectations as a guest, but to exceed them as well. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We arrived in Fargo late and needed a place to stay because it was late and we were sick of driving in the crappy winter weather. We went to college here so haven't stayed at many hotels in Fargo b/c we have many friends that still live in town. On this particular night we grabbed a room because it was late and didn't want to wake anyone unexpectidly. We have been to many events at the doublewood before and the price was right ($55) so it was a no brainer for a nights sleep. The room was clean and quiet (even though there was a Jazz festival in the hotel bar) so that was nice that there was a room away from the bar scene.

The next morning we had the Sunday buffet breakfast and it was Delicious! I would highly recommend having the buffet breakfast (I'm not much of a buffet liker but this was good AND was less than $10/person!)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for the review. Being affiliated with Corporate Lodging can certainly have its perks when it comes to room rates. We had a lot of very happy customers who came to attend the 13th Annual Winter Blues Festival. I will pass along your comments on our Sunday Buffet. We continuously hear great things about the wide spread of food we put up each time. Thank you again for the review and for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Purchased my stay in advance via Priceline.com.

Pros: Convenient location near mall & main interstate.

Cons: Outdated rooms. Noisy. Poor customer service. Main light burned out in room. Construction going on.

My experience: I had been traveling all through the night and when I checked in at 3pm, I was looking forward to a nap. Forget it - construction was scheduled directly across from my room. I seriously doubt the entire hotel was booked, why place guests next to planned construction? When I called the front desk - they said it would be "just a few more hours" and to their credit it was completed by 7pm. I would've appreciated an offer to move rooms.

It was also an incredibly noisy place in general! As it got closer to the weekend, the noise level at night was extremely high - doors slamming, kids running down halls, parties, people standing outside the building smoking by my room window. This went on until well past 11pm on Friday night.

I know this sounds like I am a grumpy traveler, but I'm really not. I expect a certain level of noise in a hotel - this place is louder than that. Trust me, there are newer, cleaner, quieter hotels available for much less a night. Try somewhere else!

• Stayed: February 2013
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on your recent stay. We appreciate hearing directly from our guests as that helps us to focus our efforts. I want to apologize for the way your stay turned out. I’m sure you noticed that we have some unique, new pool features in our pool area. The construction you heard was just the back ends of that all coming together. I would also like to take a moment to apologize for the noise levels you mentioned. We had the 13th Annual Winter Blues Festival at our hotel this past weekend, and I think that is where a lot of the noise was coming from. We hope you will stay with us again on a return visit to Fargo so we can prove this was an exception and not the norm.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at the Fargo Doublewood in the past year or so. The front desk staff were very friendly when I talked to them on the phone and full of smiles when we checked in. We ran into a couple housekeeping staff as well and they were so nice and told us to let them know if we needed anything.
We had to use the hotel's pack n play for my son and I was very surprised how nice and clean it was... I was a little afraid of what we might end up getting!
We didn't eat at the restaurant at all, but do plan to check it out the next time we stay there this upcoming summer.
THANK YOU DOUBLEWOOD AND SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

I would like to thank you for your review, and for returning to our property and allowing us to serve you again. I am very pleased to hear that you had another great stay. I would encourage that the next time you are here and the weather is cooperating (at some point it will!), that you see what our kitchen has to offer while enjoying our patio. It is truly one of a kind in the FM area. Thank you again!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

checked in and then noticed pool and hot tub is closed for the rest of the year to build rock wall. no continental breakfast. rooms seem nice though, close to restaurants and shopping malls, target, walmart and west acres mall is very close to the hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for your review. I would like to first address your concern with the pool area. It is true that our pool is currently closed as we are upgrading and adding new features to the pool area, but it closed January 6th and will be opened back up January 18th. We do not offer a continental breakfast because we have a full service restaurant on site. We offer our guests a special for $2.99 which includes eggs prepared to your liking, hash browns and toast. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope that when our pool is opened back up, we will see you again to test our new upgrades.