Ramada Fargo
Staybridge.com
$102
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Wingate by Wyndham Fargo(Fargo)(Great Value!)
$66
$76
Fargo Inn & Suites(Fargo)(Great Value!)
$64
$87
$84
$107
Travelocity
All reviewslily padsroom was cleanpool sidewedding receptionan older hotelcleaning stafffridge and microwaveone night staynice staycomplimentary breakfaststaff was very friendlywafflesloungeconferencemall
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Purchased my stay in advance via Priceline.com.

Pros: Convenient location near mall & main interstate.

Cons: Outdated rooms. Noisy. Poor customer service. Main light burned out in room. Construction going on.

My experience: I had been traveling all through the night and when I checked in at 3pm, I was looking forward to a nap. Forget it - construction was scheduled directly across from my room. I seriously doubt the entire hotel was booked, why place guests next to planned construction? When I called the front desk - they said it would be "just a few more hours" and to their credit it was completed by 7pm. I would've appreciated an offer to move rooms.

It was also an incredibly noisy place in general! As it got closer to the weekend, the noise level at night was extremely high - doors slamming, kids running down halls, parties, people standing outside the building smoking by my room window. This went on until well past 11pm on Friday night.

I know this sounds like I am a grumpy traveler, but I'm really not. I expect a certain level of noise in a hotel - this place is louder than that. Trust me, there are newer, cleaner, quieter hotels available for much less a night. Try somewhere else!

• Stayed: February 2013
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on your recent stay. We appreciate hearing directly from our guests as that helps us to focus our efforts. I want to apologize for the way your stay turned out. I’m sure you noticed that we have some unique, new pool features in our pool area. The construction you heard was just the back ends of that all coming together. I would also like to take a moment to apologize for the noise levels you mentioned. We had the 13th Annual Winter Blues Festival at our hotel this past weekend, and I think that is where a lot of the noise was coming from. We hope you will stay with us again on a return visit to Fargo so we can prove this was an exception and not the norm.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at the Fargo Doublewood in the past year or so. The front desk staff were very friendly when I talked to them on the phone and full of smiles when we checked in. We ran into a couple housekeeping staff as well and they were so nice and told us to let them know if we needed anything.
We had to use the hotel's pack n play for my son and I was very surprised how nice and clean it was... I was a little afraid of what we might end up getting!
We didn't eat at the restaurant at all, but do plan to check it out the next time we stay there this upcoming summer.
THANK YOU DOUBLEWOOD AND SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

I would like to thank you for your review, and for returning to our property and allowing us to serve you again. I am very pleased to hear that you had another great stay. I would encourage that the next time you are here and the weather is cooperating (at some point it will!), that you see what our kitchen has to offer while enjoying our patio. It is truly one of a kind in the FM area. Thank you again!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

checked in and then noticed pool and hot tub is closed for the rest of the year to build rock wall. no continental breakfast. rooms seem nice though, close to restaurants and shopping malls, target, walmart and west acres mall is very close to the hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for your review. I would like to first address your concern with the pool area. It is true that our pool is currently closed as we are upgrading and adding new features to the pool area, but it closed January 6th and will be opened back up January 18th. We do not offer a continental breakfast because we have a full service restaurant on site. We offer our guests a special for $2.99 which includes eggs prepared to your liking, hash browns and toast. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope that when our pool is opened back up, we will see you again to test our new upgrades.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed here on Dec 29th and 30th. Booked rooms with Priceline as that was the only good thing about our stay, the reduced price. You get what you pay for. Hotel needs to desparately update carpet and bedding in room. Odd smell in hallway and room. Could have been converted smoking room. Pool area is undesirable even with small upgrades in the future. No continental breakfast. Room cleaning was pathetic as garbage was not emptied and new towels were thrown about. Bed linens did not fit the bed, pillows were old, and bedding was old and scratchy. Tough to complain to the front desk when there are many deficiencies, especially when the 2 nights are paid for in advance. Stay anywhere else, please!

• Stayed: December 2012
Anthony S, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your review on your previous stay. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. As you mentioned, we do have pool upgrades coming in the next couple of weeks which we are quite excited for. The rock climbing wall will be the only one in the Fargo Moorhead area. We do not offer a continental breakfast but we do have a full service restaurant onsite which does offer a special to our hotel guests for $2.99 which includes eggs prepared to your liking, hash browns and toast. I am very regretful that our housekeeping staff provided you with the type of service that they did. I will be following up with our Executive Housekeeper to see why your bed had incorrect linens and correct these behaviors for future stays. From all of us here at the Doublewood, we hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in Fargo so that you are able to further see the upgrade we are making to our property and that providing the best customer service available is our biggest belief.